An OS without bug pleaz....

• Since 45 years I'm looking for another wife with no bugs. Never found, therefore I'm still together with her. :love:

I think, if bugs would not be allowed we still would hunt with stone axes.
    Progress without ability for failures is definitly not possible.
    I think the KPA with the official OS Versions are one of the most stabile computer systems in the entertainment industry.

I do not longer believe in miracles, Santa Claus or the easter bunny. ;)

• When you look at how much good stuff is crammed into the Kemper and then consider that it's constantly evolving, I think it's amazing that it is as stable as it is.

Perhaps I don't push it hard enough? I've had one problem in three years and that was me dragging files around in Rig Manager to performance mode when I as in 'Browse'. It didn't like that at all but otherwise I don't think I've had issues.

• i don't speak about me specially, but if you read the change logs, you can see always some bugs fixes. After 4years, there are already some bugs.

kemper is more expensive than a"ms windows", with a specific hardware (like a computer) so, the same software must work the same for every one. but some people have bugs and not the others.

Well I think there exist more computers with windows than Kempers and I think also that for MS a lot more IT-people are working. ;)

If Kemper would not develope continously new functionality (without extra fee) I am sure that the growing of the bug list would stop.
    Heavy user will find more bugs than other using the KPA just for playing and not trying first new features when arise.

One reason for maybe more bugs at the moment is the change and handling of database. This seemes for me at the one hand the reason to be able for further development as we have seen in the last year. (Morph, Delays etc.) and at the other hand for more momentary bugs.

Mayby I am wrong, but I think to write the software new could be easier than to garantee the continous compatility to the existed systems.

Could it be that MS in this case would make a new version and the user has to pay for? :/:?:

• MS employs about 120.000 people of which I would risk half is IT guys of different kind.
    That gives circa 90.000 developers, testers, software architects ets.
    Kemper? I guess... Maybe 9 developers, that's 10.000 times less :D
    Well the complexity of software development depends on requirements for this software, the hardware being run on.
    Also "what is the level of hardware that the software has reach" - in other words when you develop user software for Windows, you don't need to know how processor works, how processor accesses the memory, how to listen characters from keyboard.
    Operating system for devices like Kemper requires from developers to know the details of all hardware like DSP inside Kemper.
    I would say that on the market there are 90% developers that write "regular" software and 10% which can write software for hardware devices.

Regarding MS and their new versions of OS - Windows 10 is their latest OS. There won't be Windows 11 to buy. Windows 10 will be constantly updated, by bugfixes.

• you are speaking about computer.... but can you tell me how much fw or bug fix are done for a line6 vetta2 or the helix?

for me new fonctionnality is a bonus, what is important for me is to have the good rig with the good setting (amound of fx) when you switchs from a rig to an other (it s basic) and even to do this, you can see a lot of bugs: not the good volume of reverb, not the good rig, volume drop....if we have a mesa recto and that you ve got the canal1 when you want the 3th, what ll you saying?
    (sorry for my english)

• you are speaking about computer.... but can you tell me how much fw or bug fix are done for a line6 vetta2 or the helix?

for me new fonctionnality is a bonus, what is important for me is to have the good rig with the good setting (amound of fx) when you switchs from a rig to an other (it s basic) and even to do this, you can see a lot of bugs: not the good volume of reverb, not the good rig, volume drop....if we have a mesa recto and that you ve got the canal1 when you want the 3th, what ll you saying?
    (sorry for my english)

http://line6.com/support/topic/16083-helix-bug-reports/
    http://www.instituteofnoise.co…iendly.asp?TOPIC_ID=27686

Beside that, some considerations: Line6 is a much bigger company owned by Yamaha, and probably they have way more economic resources. KPA has been put into the market with some features missing and it has grown up, now becoming a more mature product, with more features that can bring up some new problems. That's why you can still stick on release versions and AFAIK the 3.3 is rock solid.
    There will always be bugs, but nothing that bothers a normal live use. If this statement was wrong, you wouldn't see the KPA in any professional stage or recording studio.

Anyway, if you feel more comfortable with Helix, it is still a good modeler.

More than 10 years ago I was a heavy Vetta 2 user.
    The latest OS (after which the Vetta series was abandoned in favout of the Spider Valve series) contained bugs that were never resolved.

• I just don't get how bug fixing is something negative?
    As i Software developer myself, let me tell you one thing: Creating provably correct software is not an easy task. So much so, that only recently, the US Navy release the first ever provably correct software (some controller for a drone).
    Every single piece of software that exceeds a few hundred lines of code will have bugs. There is no way around it. The fact that the Kemper team releases updates with bug fixes frequently is a huge plus in my book.

TL,DR: If you want 100% proven bug free software, buy a tube amp.