Profiler Stage Introduction Thread

• thanks timo! Would this work for the Editor (RM 3.o?) as well?

Right now, I guess so. Nevertheless, it might change in the future. The editor will definitely require Windows 8.1 or later.

Regarding "Windows 7 will not stop working". This is true, but newer (PC) hardware, CPUs, graphic adapters and displays will require you to abandon Windows 7. In a lot of ways, it does not support current hardware like Hi DPI, touch enabled displays, GPU acceleration, CPU command set extensions, UEFI on mainboards etc. pp. So sooner or later, it will stop working when you upgrade your hardware.

It does not even provide the required APIs for these newer techniques - a software developer is forced to move on and - at a certain point in time - stop supporting OSs that aren't supported by their manufacturers anymore.

• Right now, I guess so. Nevertheless, it might change in the future. The editor will definitely require Windows 8.1 or later.

Regarding "Windows 7 will not stop working". This is true, but newer (PC) hardware, CPUs, graphic adapters and displays will require you to abandon Windows 7. In a lot of ways, it does not support current hardware like Hi DPI, touch enabled displays, GPU acceleration, CPU command set extensions, UEFI on mainboards etc. pp. So sooner or later, it will stop working when you upgrade your hardware.

It does not even provide the required APIs for these newer techniques - a software developer is forced to move on and - at a certain point in time - stop supporting OSs that aren't supported by their manufacturers anymore.

True, but that shouldn't affect the Kemper, Rig Manager or the editor for quite some time since the Kemper has it's own OS, Rig Manager is basically just a database interface for text/numeric data and the editor only needs to send MIDI messages to the Kemper. I suppose as long as the USB interface on the Kemper doesn't change or remains backwards compatible, there shouldn't be a problem for a while.

• Right now, I guess so. Nevertheless, it might change in the future. The editor will definitely require Windows 8.1 or later.

• The XLR input has never been the only input for profiling. The TRS return input is in parallel to the XLR on Head and Rack. On the Stage we have the TRS only, but same functionality.

So if I get it right, I can connect a mic to the Return Jack using an appropriate cable without a preamp inbetween?

I am using the mono loop to insert a talkbox /w mic into the signal chain. And I wonder, if this is still an option with the stage.

Regards

Andreas

• I have to say, I'm a bit confused; I own a Kemper unpowered rack and remote, which I am extremely happy with.

I've just been on the Kemper order page, and ordered a 'Stage' - for a spare live unit etc.

However, I am very concerned that another web site is supposedly offering me a better price than Kemper itself ( I have emailed Kemper and queried this?)

https://shop.kempermusic.com/g…2o6bXuWy0d8UaAqO3EALw_wcB

https://kytary.co.uk/kemper-pr…8cFZ558dVcggaAkXSEALw_wcB

• Distributors don't like it when the companies whose products they distribute compete directly against them. My company has done this before, which is selling direct at full retail while allowing sellers to use MAP, SMP, or just something much closer to dealer cost. Still pisses lots of dealers off, but it's one way to do something direct without entirely undercutting your own dealers.

• I love it ! Personally i think there could be even more kemper products, i mean the technology is there.

I already profiled Pedals so imagine a kemper mini stomp for drive pedals that would be soooo amazing / or just a kemper mini that is half the size of the stomp so that it fits into the gigbag

I would get then one to use for drive pedals infront of my kemper toaster.

There are so many possibilities and i would love to see even more stuff.

And on that silly beer spillage thing ... I have a pretty regular Pedalboard and that costs more then the kemper,

with pedalboards somehow nobody complains about beer spillage ... idk i think many coverbands and so on will be very happy about the kemper stage.

• I already profiled Pedals so imagine a kemper mini stomp for drive pedals that would be soooo amazing / or just a kemper mini that is half the size of the stomp so that it fits into the gigbag

Which reminds me, it would be really rad if Kemper could profile pedals to be stored as effects presets. You could profile your own OD and apply it to any profile, for example. Time-based effects would be cool to incorporate, but likely need new hardware if I recall.

And on that silly beer spillage thing ... I have a pretty regular Pedalboard and that costs more then the kemper,

with pedalboards somehow nobody complains about beer spillage

I think about this, too. Same with the guys talking about breaking their backs bending over to touch a knob when a Kemper floorboard was discussed before its release. You'd think with how many pedalboards there are out there, broken backs from gigging musicians would be an epidemic.

• Which reminds me, it would be really rad if Kemper could profile pedals to be stored as effects presets. You could profile your own OD and apply it to any profile, for example. Time-based effects would be cool to incorporate, but likely need new hardware if I recall.

I think about this, too. Same with the guys talking about breaking their backs bending over to touch a knob when a Kemper floorboard was discussed before its release. You'd think with how many pedalboards there are out there, broken backs from gigging musicians would be an epidemic.

Plus bending down keeps you fit and healthy. Rock’n’Roll is about moving in the end.