OS 2.3 Space

• Great to have an independent space (room) simulation effect now!

And the EQ can now be switched to pre Amp - very nice for Fender style amps.

... only a Spring reverb is missing .... (Musik Messe ? ;) )

All in all a great update!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Is the space to headphone out isolated now? I'm assuming the stomp section is to add it to main/monitor output while having the headphone space separate. If you've tried it already please confirm.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Hmm, I hope not. I'd rather not have to sacrifice a slot (that can't be after the reverb/delay) just for the space effect from now on. Not to mention having to add it and set its values on every single rig...

• That was only speculation on my part based on previous discussion on space and headphone/main output.....I'm with you about slot allocation though. To many options for the slots so using them like "Gold".

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Ok, based on the manual it looks like that's not the case, but an additional stomp on top of the headphone space parameter (which sounds like it's just a rename of the space parameter and can still be used on all outputs), which interestingly mentions that it will soften the transients a little. I'll install and see what happens.

• More precisely, unfortunately yes. Now if you want space on anything other than the headphone out you have to use up a slot, and you can't set it across every rig all at once, nor place it after the delay and reverb, so it's actually a bit of a step backwards IMO, :(

Not a deal breaker here though, I can just add another couple of ms latency and use one of the the ultra crappy UAD reverbs on the Apollo, but it'll be a bit of a blow for others that don't have that option and e.g. record using SPDIF.

• I agree, this is better than nothing but I would have prefered to activate Space as an On/off setting in Output, or even better On/off Space checkboxes dedicated to each output.
    As a matter of fact I'm always on headphones with the SPDIF output, and always on amp+cab with the Main output.
    I don't feel like switching Space on / off each time I switch rigs during my session. Almost useless for me.

• For me this is the first time it froze during an update, but i unplugged, turned back on, it showed the old firmware, so I attempted a second time and all was good.

• Hmm, I hope not. I'd rather not have to sacrifice a slot (that can't be after the reverb/delay) just for the space effect from now on. Not to mention having to add it and set its values on every single rig...

im sad abut this also having to use a dedicated slot for the space, i have both slots used in some rigs with eqs and i use the space parameter, i wish i could assign space to the reverb slot when recording i turn space on to simulate some room effect and dont use any reverb on kemper i use reverb from the daw anyways , too bad they changed the space parameter now i might have to stay with 2.2 for now

• im sad abut this also having to use a dedicated slot for the space, i have both slots used in some rigs with eqs and i use the space parameter, i wish i could assign space to the reverb slot when recording i turn space on to simulate some room effect and dont use any reverb on kemper i use reverb from the daw anyways , too bad they changed the space parameter now i might have to stay with 2.2 for now

The same here, space parameter is a crucial part to make my direct recording tone more alive. Disappointed not to get it anymore via spdif without using a slot...

im sad abut this also having to use a dedicated slot for the space, i have both slots used in some rigs with eqs and i use the space parameter, i wish i could assign space to the reverb slot when recording i turn space on to simulate some room effect and dont use any reverb on kemper i use reverb from the daw anyways , too bad they changed the space parameter now i might have to stay with 2.2 for now

I would have preferred if they made it just output assignable so you can choose which output / outputs its on and control them seperately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• guys: any hassles in upgrading?

I'm still at 2.0.1 but I guess I can go for it without going to 2.1 and 2.2, right?

Upgrades are normally 'all inclusive'. Yes, you can upgrade to 2.3.0 in one jump.

There might be exceptions from this rule in the future, but these will be indicated in the Readme included in the upgrade package.