Tremolo // Square Wave tremolo.

I know this is a low priority - but how in the world can this be taking so long?!

I guess it was considered a lower priority than the delay, reverb and drive updates. Hopefully our cries have been heard and version 9 of the firmware will be here soon with an upgraded tremolo effect.

• The tremolo is pretty uninspiring in it's current state. For me it has a very "one size fits all" approach and I honestly don't end up using it. It would be great to get an update to the tremolo to choose wave forms and different patterns. Maybe even some options like the boss slicer.

• I gave up hoping for an updated tremolo effect 5 years ago and bought a Source Audio Vertigo. Fantastic pedal, all digital but sounding just like my old '62 brownface Deluxe.

It's a shame that the Kemper's tremolo FX never got updated, but it seems their priorities have gravitated away from effects.

• I know it's nice to have it all in the Kemper, but I use a Bogner compressor, Bogner distortion, the Freqout, and a tuner with offsets anyway. I've been toying with getting a Strymon Mobius for some better and more flexible modulation effects, but I think that'll be a bridge too far as I'd want to use it in stereo and don't even know if that's feasible with the Kemper.

• I know it's nice to have it all in the Kemper, but I use a Bogner compressor, Bogner distortion, the Freqout, and a tuner with offsets anyway. I've been toying with getting a Strymon Mobius for some better and more flexible modulation effects, but I think that'll be a bridge too far as I'd want to use it in stereo and don't even know if that's feasible with the Kemper.

You can run the Mobius mono in stereo out in a post stack Loop for stereo use. I still have my Mobius somewhere in my storage container. I haven’t used it since I got the KPA. There is no doubt that the Mobius modulation effects are amazing, phenomenally flexible and (to my ear) better than the KPA. However, I don’t need a lot of modulation effects and find the convenience of an all in one solution wins hand down. The best outcome would be if Kemper did a complete overhaul of the modulation effects to bring them up to the same standard and flexibility as the Delays and Reverbs 🤞

This is not the same thing at ALL. There is already a trem with a triangle /\/\ wave form. The math is already there, it just needs to be adjusted. Nobody's asking for a completely new modulation effect.
    This seems like a "should be easy to do" feature from a software point of view. All the controls are there already. Just change the waveform math.

My guess (being that I also work for a manufacturer) is that this feature is so low on the priority list for software development resources, it gets overlooked/forgotten/pushed out, and may never get done unless more people raise a flag.

• Just saw this from NAMM 24. Some of these sound more square-ish to me.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.