Just upgraded in 2.40. first try

• The reason Im downgrading to 2.3.3 is a bug that CK refers to in an earlier post in this thread.

• If I gave you the same firmware again but told you the second had a different sound, how many of you would notice that the sound has NOT changed?

I would since from the infinite discussion on how the sound has changed I decided not to trust my brain/psyche but my hears. so, upgrading from 2.0.1. to 2.3.3 (my actual) I decided to record clips with both firmwares, and the same clip played with the same guitar, same sequence of technique.

I later put the clips together and the sound was totally, incredibly identical.

now everytime I cannot resist the temptation to state that the sound has changed compared to before all I have to do is listen to the recording I did of the two firmware and the brain hassle is gone.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I would since from the infinite discussion on how the sound has changed I decided not to trust my brain/psyche but my hears. so, upgrading from 2.0.1. to 2.3.3 (my actual) I decided to record clips with both firmwares, and the same clip played with the same guitar, same sequence of technique.

I later put the clips together and the sound was totally, incredibly identical.

now everytime I cannot resist the temptation to state that the sound has changed compared to before all I have to do is listen to the recording I did of the two firmware and the brain hassle is gone.

Great! I will do the same from now on, I build my Reamping Template Session and I will record only once different guitars in direct in and do the comparison even without playing again the various riff :) That' s, I believe, one of the same procedure done by the Kemper team to check every new release...

• agree........and to complete my comparison procedure I did say to myself, while listening to the result, that the sound was different, trying to convince me of that: "check it out better, the sound is definitely more of this and less of that".

at the end, no question could stand the absolute fact that the clips were identical.

after all it doesn't take much time. all it takes is the preferred profiles, some 2-3 of them and recording your playing. I did with a couple of crunch sound and a couple of high gains.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• I think it's not a general problem with 2.4 firmware. sometimes
    also my old vht profile do unfortunately still problems with v 2.4.

my monitoring system: rme raydat, rme wc exp. , rme adi 8 pro, ultrasone 900pro, tannoy precission 8d

• could you please post the clips if that isn't much work for you?

of course, recording doesn't get rid of differences if any. I mean: it serves the psychology not the physical problem.

good to know though that the team has the issue in their hands

• hi Deadpan again........I tell you the truth: they sound virtually identical except for the fact that I found 2.3 to have more bass freqs than the 2.4.

it is incredible but I found the opposite of what you mentioned.

anyways, it is true that there this slightly difference among the two.

now.....you could be right to blame the compression. what file did you upload, an mp3 or a wave?

• I hear the same, I preferred the 2nd clip

• Hi Tim again...........as mentioned in our email, I listened to it carefully with in ear system and could hear the difference which is the same as mentioned: 2.4 has more bottom compared to 2.3 which I found thinner. The timbre is the same of course but on 2.4 it has that low end which I like so much. Not a drastic increase! But that little bit of low end which is so joyful without making the riff muddy. Do you dig it?

I definitely give a thumb up for 2.4 which I found way better.

since CK found the difference in sound, he and the team will have the 2.4 release in some days/weeks and it'll sound at least as the one you have now if not better.

Tomorrow I will listen to it with Yamaha studio monitor so to confirm the same result.But overall I would stick to it!! ;)

All the best

Michael

• Listening back to the 2.4 v 2.3 clip on KRK VXT 4's and Audio-Technicia ATH-M50's...I prefer the extra audible 'chunk' to 2.4 vs the 'hair' on 2.3.

So, it comes down to chunk vs. hair - which do you prefer?

I guess it just highlights how tone can be very subjective. Everyone has ears, go with what tickles yours.