2.6 Specs

• Kemper Profiler Operating System 2.6.0 Public Beta
    Version 2.6.0 is a feature update which allows you to switch rigs faster, features improved
    Profiling and refines the interaction in between Kemper Profiler® and Rig Manager.

Other changes and refinements include:
    • Recalling a rig has been accelerated
    • Improved support for "Gordius" foot controller !
    • Improvement to low frequency response (“LFC”)
    • Improvements to communication and appearance with Rig Manager
    • Tuner page waits a little time to chime in when volume pedal is set to zero.
    • Direct Output performs spillover when set to Master Output
    • Main Output EQ works with all Output Sources with the exception of “Git”

• Yeah, news is fresh daily :thumbup:

PS: @ Gitarrenschlumpf: I can read the forum, thank you :)

What I was actually asking for is the whole doc file usually coming along with new releases, which I think is most detailed as usual.

Thanks anyway dude
    :)

• The pdf says also:

"Improved Profiling

We have analyzed and revised the profiling algorithm. This has led to the following two improvements:

Due to a software flaw from day one, a number of existing profiles feature a little too much energy in the region below 60 Hz, when compared to the original amp. The effect is very subtle and the basic character of the profile is generally not affected. Nonetheless, we have taken the opportunity to correct this with the latest firmware. The result is an increased authenticity, even of profiles created previously, and an improved performance - especially when played through a speaker system with a linear response down to the lowest frequencies, such as a PA, or studio monitor system.

Since we know that sonic improvements are not necessarily perceived as such by those who are familiar with the original sound, we have also added an option to compare the two versions, and to disable the correction if desired. Go to page 8 in the System Menu and activate softbutton “LFC Off”. It will illuminate to show the correction is disabled. If pressed again, the frequency correction will be reactivated. The correction (or its cancellation) will be applied globally, and not on a per-rig basis. Please be aware that a reset of global parameters (“Init Globals”) will bring the frequency correction back into effect. Profiles captured by this or future firmware version will take full advantage of this improvement. When you disable the frequency correction, this will only affect profiles created using earlier firmware version. In response to some users complaining about a lack of bass response when a tube amp is profiled, we have found a way to improve the profiling algorithm. You will notice that less effort is needed in the profiling refinement procedure, as well as a moderate improvement in authenticity, even without refining. Although this improvement also affects the bass response of profiles, it is not related to the improvement described above. Please note: this improvement will only affect new profiles captured by the latest firmware. Existing profiles and rigs will not be affected, and will keep the sound that you are familiar with."

• So, is this the first time the profiling algorithm has been touched since the Kemper release?

Anyway, bass response on some profiles and rig switching time has been couple of the biggest complaints I have been reading in this forum, very nice to see that those issue have now been addressed. Seems like a major release :thumbup:

• Wowie. I love this company. Faster profile switching? Double wow.

This day has just gotten better and better. I found out my interface is still working after a nasty scare (firewire card was broken instead), I got a new gaming keyboard for my computer, I got a lot of work done at the office, my dad is coming for a visit, my Cubase dongle took a beating but keeps on ticking. Yay!

• It will be interesting to toggle that switch and see what difference one can hear. I've not had an issue with the low end personally, but you typically only have issues on comparisons. Good idea to have an option to keep the old profiles untouched.

Of course, I fully expect Andy to redo his entire anthology now! lol

Good release, Kemper Team, much appreciated!

• No need for that... Read the pdf :thumbup:

"In response to some users complaining about a lack of bass response when a tube amp is profiled, we have found a way to improve the profiling algorithm. You will notice that less effort is needed in the profiling refinement procedure, as well as a moderate improvement in authenticity, even without refining. Although this improvement also affects the bass response of profiles, it is not related to the improvement described above. Please note: this improvement will only affect new profiles captured by the latest firmware. Existing profiles and rigs will not be affected, and will keep the sound that you are familiar with."

I've been testing it with my Fuchs ODS and now I'm happier with the results of the profiling process with this amp. I was happy with the profiles of other amps but not with the Fuchs. In some cases, reprofiling could have sense.

The profiling process works now very well and, as they wrote, you need less refining.

They say that the old profiles will keep the sound you are familiar with but this doesn't mean that is the best possible.

• Ah, that refers to the profiles lacking low end :thumbup:

I was referring to "The result is an increased authenticity, even of profiles created previously, and an improved performance" instead :D

• Maybe this will help with the tail chasing :)

LESS LOW END:
    Due to a software flaw from day one, a number of existing profiles feature a little too much energy in the region below 60 Hz, when compared to the original amp. The effect is very subtle and the basic character of the profile is generally not affected. Nonetheless, we have taken the opportunity to correct this with the latest firmware. The result is an increased authenticity, even of profiles created previously, and an improved performance - especially when played through a speaker system with a linear response down to the lowest frequencies, such as a PA, or studio monitor system.

Since we know that sonic improvements are not necessarily perceived as such by those who are familiar with the original sound, we have also added an option to compare the two versions, and to disable the correction if desired. Go to page 8 in the System Menu and activate softbutton “LFC Off”. It will illuminate to show the correction is disabled. If pressed again, the frequency correction will be reactivated. The correction (or its cancellation) will be applied globally, and not on a per-rig basis. Please be aware that a reset of global parameters (“Init Globals”) will bring the frequency correction back into effect. Profiles captured by this or future firmware version will take full advantage of this improvement. When you disable the frequency correction, this will only affect profiles created using earlier firmware version.

MORE LOW END:
    In response to some users complaining about a lack of bass response when a tube amp is profiled, we have found a way to improve the profiling algorithm. You will notice that less effort is needed in the profiling refinement procedure, as well as a moderate improvement in authenticity, even without refining. Although this improvement also affects the bass response of profiles, it is not related to the improvement described above. Please note: this improvement will only affect new profiles captured by the latest firmware. Existing profiles and rigs will not be affected, and will keep the sound that you are familiar with.

• Whatever does it mean, Kemper finally done the right thing- improving the tone (ie profiling ) .
    Bravo Maestro !!!
    I am sure you will continue with tone/profiling improvements .

Natural tube tone is all what Kemper is about.

All the rest is just a collateral make up

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)