What FX are covered by your KPA.......

• ............ and what fx do you prefer to farm out to external pedals? As it stands at the moment, as much as I love the Kemper, there are certain FX types that I prefer coming from pedals. I thought the Kemper reverb wasn't too bad, until I placed my trusty TCE Hall of Fame in the chain. The difference was like chalk and cheese. Suffice to say, the HoF is now a permanent fixture. I've also struggled to get a decent, thick 80's-type flanger sound out of the toaster, although that might be down to my own ineptitude. Chorus is another effect that I'm struggling with. Try as I might, I can not get a really thick Andy Summers' type sound at all. And, lastly, the obvious one, delays. I'm currently debating whether or not to buy a Strymon Timeline to cover that area of things, or maybe holding fire to see what the next update brings. Ideally, I wanted the KPA to handle all of my sound, but am thinking this to be a tad overly optimistic.

What pedals (if any) are you lot using to supplement your Kemper sounds?

• ............ and what fx do you prefer to farm out to external pedals? As it stands at the moment, as much as I love the Kemper, there are certain FX types that I prefer coming from pedals. I thought the Kemper reverb wasn't too bad, until I placed my trusty TCE Hall of Fame in the chain. The difference was like chalk and cheese. Suffice to say, the HoF is now a permanent fixture. I've also struggled to get a decent, thick 80's-type flanger sound out of the toaster, although that might be down to my own ineptitude. Chorus is another effect that I'm struggling with. Try as I might, I can not get a really thick Andy Summers' type sound at all. And, lastly, the obvious one, delays. I'm currently debating whether or not to buy a Strymon Timeline to cover that area of things, or maybe holding fire to see what the next update brings. Ideally, I wanted the KPA to handle all of my sound, but am thinking this to be a tad overly optimistic.

What pedals (if any) are you lot using to supplement your Kemper sounds?

Yes, I had heard the rumours. That's why the Timeline hasn't been bought yet. Just in case ;)

Care to share? My take is this:

Drives - very good models in the Kemper such as the Rat BUT I still prefer my analog drives in most cases.

Chorus - mainly use my small clone - warmer than the chorus in the Kemper

Pitch Shifter - I use the Kemper

Reverb and Delay - I use external units. The Kemper misses advanced reverb like modulated. I also find the delay is good but isn't very warm and the parameters are baffling. Why not have stomp like controls and different delay types like tape/digital/analog etc?

• The only outboard effect I've felt the need to add is an Eventide Timefactor for some of the more complex and spacious delays sounds when recording.

Playing live I just use the Kempers onboard delays (tweaked a lot though to get closer to what I was after). I had a problem with the effects loop a few years ago that I never got resolved (making a god awful popping/thump noise when switching in and out) so I just abandoned it all together and used the onboard stuff. They get the job done, but agree the delays need some improvement to be able to compete with the Strymon/Eventide/etc class of delay effects.

• I'm not a big effect user at all but when I record with the Kemper I always record dry and add effects in Pro Tools, things like Revibe for reverb, and Eventide/sound toys for delays/modulation you can't go wrong. Live I obviously use the Kemper effects and find they do the job ok but I'd love the KPA to take on things like the H3000 by Eventide for effects and I'm sure at some point they might but if they don't I'll still love the KPA as much as I do

• I'm sure someone more organised than me can link you to the thread but there was a comment (by CK I believe) that said the next job was working on FX. And that would be most welcome. The FX in the Kemper are made out to not be very good. I don't agree with that but what I would say is that the amp sounds themselves are unbeatable by any other current product. The current effects are not usually best in class vs other units. Doesn't mean they are bad but they're not top of the class like the amp sims are. All IMO of course :)

• <p>I hope youre right about the new Reverb-Strymon quality. I was actually going to start a thread about the Reverb, because it definitely needs to meet the standards of today. The current Kemper Reverb options are very minimal. No Plate Reverb yet-very surprising.

I don't care if theres an update charge, if we get Strymon quality. :) </p>

-Computer:Imac-OS Catalina

-Kemper non-powered rack version

-Kemper Remote

• FW update, I believe.

CK and his team will most probably find a way to use a small fraction of the power use by Strymon to get the same or even better results. After all It's exactly what they did for amps with the profiling technology. Maybe something like profiling reverbs, delays and mods as @Dean_R suggested in an other thread?

Personnaly I don't like to use pedals in the loop and I use my Timeline only at home for creativity matter.