Single Thread for Everything, or Individual Threads?

• And this exactly shows how different people think: I love apple and bought a lot of stuff because I like their products and marketing style( not everything of course but the most) :)

so so most people like my slogans and marketing! I know this from personal mails Facebook, forum etc. and they like how fast I answer , give them freebies etc.

And only a few hate me but I can live with this, haha

one last thing before I leave for today:
    dear moderators, if you come with this new rules, every seller should change they title too. But I still see caps, exclamations, multiple threads etc. So why do you make exclusions here? I don't get it?

• But I still see caps, exclamations, multiple threads etc. So why do you make exclusions here? I don't get it?

I've only seen this on your threads, everyone else seems to try to match the rules. Those long thread titles are a big annoyance when reading the forum with a mobile device and not with a 27" screen.

• well, I still see it a lot of caps, exclamations, multiple threads etc in the first page of the commercial forum. I don't understand why others sellers can continue to use this and even I deleted the caps, exclamations,etc. from my thread title I'm not allowed to use my Slogan, for the price of the coffee! Maybe I'm just to stupid to understand the logic behind this.

BTW I'm using an Imac 27" beside iphone and ipad :D

• Let’s see the whole debate from a customer’s point of view. I personally found my sounds in the commercial forum, and I’m glad it exists and that I’m getting updated to new releases here.

First of all:

Who does not need commercial profiles, is not forced to enter the commercial forum. And I don't see a problem with advertisement e.g. within one's signature, since it is the commercial part of the forum. It's made for that! (Screaming in long thread titles is annoying though, this is regarding structural aspects rather than content.)

So,

• when I see an updated title from a vendor/product I like, I will look at it and see if it’s for me. (Again: Updated, not artificially extended!)
    • When I see a thread regarding a vendor/product I like is bumped, I will look at it and see, if there’s something interesting, like a video, a good idea or simply another impression from another user.

For separating the announcement from the discussion, this leads to some things to be considered:

• Very likely, there will be multiple threads regarding the same amp/offering within the discussion section.
    • This will be due to the overall unconventional naming of amps which is sometimes a guessing.
    • Because it will be difficult to validate if there is already a discussion regarding an amp in this ever-growing forum before starting an own discussion. (Martial EDA JAY Fendor Blackea V35-Mk17,5 ^^)
    • Some will refer to the real amp name, others to the vendor’s naming.
    • This will become confusing due to the enormous amount of (occasionally plurally) available amps.
    • This will result in searching through multiple threads to get info on one specific offering.
    • This makes the - initially good - recent idea of how to improve the structure somewhat invalid. Imho.

And all this is regardless whether there is one thread per seller or per offering.
    Unless there are similar rules for the customers within the discussion area as there are for the sellers within the announcement area.. And I think no one really wants that.

That being said, one thread per offering would only make sense, when the corresponding discussion takes place within this thread.

One thread per seller would be a good way to keep information and news together for this one seller.
    But: That’s what they all have a website for.
    Unless you allow discussion in here.

And then we are, where it was before 8o .

All in all, maybe shortening the thread title would have been enough… ?

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited 2 times, last by Fireloogie ().

• Guido i dont get you...why not simple name yor thread "The Best amp Profiles Thread"
    Sounds way more interesting than a list of fake names of amps. You are also established anyway. People talk to each other.. thats the way to sell profiles..

• @DeadlightstudionullLars.
    it's already named like this but I think it's always to good to name a few amps. So this way new users/customers know what they can expect here. And if I name a brandnew amp here some older users/customers looks inside the thread as well. You don't should forget here that most kemper users don't look every day to the forum, they just check ones in a while and if they see something new is goin on (in thte tiltle thread) there may be interested more to read it. that's the whole idea behind it including my idea of the slogan "For the price of a coffee"(which I'm not allowed to use it anymore in the title thread)

I may be established but this doesn't mean automatically that it will stay forever like this. So if I wanna make a serious business I have to think every time about new concepts, ideas, ads etc. This is also a reason why I put so much effort and endless hours of working in my website & shop system : it looks great, it works, it's easy to handle etc.etc.
    I started this Profiling In July and thanks to the combination of good quality, my concepts, my website, my playing etc. It started up unbelievably fast (I even was myself so surprised!) And all theses componenets are the reason for this. AND NOT ONLY the qualtity! ;)

@Michael_dk.
    sorry, I'm tired to explain it again why it's important to be a bit different, use slogans etc.

BTW
    And I also wonder why no ones in this thread says that my ideas were great and there were great otherwise the people wouldn't bought it. simple as that!! :D
    Instead everybody here is just beating at me and I have to explain myself. I'm almost running away here...

• @Guidorist

Hey Guido, you are already well known here around and I really love your profiles "for the price of a coffee".
    May I suggest you to write in the first page of the commercial forum that you are selling "the best coffee-profiles"? New customers could be attracted by this funny advertisement... ;)

• Is it possible to exclude subforum of my choice from Unread Post list somewhere in the settings?

all I can think of is a bit of a workaround:
    go to the subforum you don't want to show up in unread posts first (I realize the irony), click on the check mark in the upper right corner, then go to unread posts.
    but you'd have to do this every time...

not very elegant, I know ;)

• This is a simple discussion.

It's a privilege to have a FREE advertising platform such as the KPA Forum that targets your exact customer base. Don't abuse it.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• For separating the announcement from the discussion, this leads to some things to be considered:

• Very likely, there will be multiple threads regarding the same amp/offering within the discussion section.
    • This will be due to the overall unconventional naming of amps which is sometimes a guessing.
    • Because it will be difficult to validate if there is already a discussion regarding an amp in this ever-growing forum before starting an own discussion. (Martial EDA JAY Fendor Blackea V35-Mk17,5 ^^)
    • Some will refer to the real amp name, others to the vendor’s naming.
    • This will become confusing due to the enormous amount of (occasionally plurally) available amps.
    • This will result in searching through multiple threads to get info on one specific offering.
    • This makes the - initially good - recent idea of how to improve the structure somewhat invalid. Imho.

yeah that's a valid point. But for the same reason people seem to prefer a thread per pack instead of a single thread per vendor, because you'll find info on a specific pack easier in the single thread, than having to go through x-amount of pages in the main thread.

You could work around that if you manage your main thread a bit and put navigate-able links in the first post, for example

@mightypudge Nailed it in his last post.

• yeah that's a valid point. But for the same reason people seem to prefer a thread per pack instead of a single thread per vendor, because you'll find info on a specific pack easier in the single thread, than having to go through x-amount of pages in the main thread.

You could work around that if you manage your main thread a bit and put navigate-able links in the first post, for example

@mightypudge Nailed it in his last post.

I am not a seller. I just thought how the new structure would work for me from my very own point of view and search behavior. I also voted for single threads per offerings from the beginning, but I'm not sure about that at this point. In the end we will see how it works out, and I think we're getting used to however they turn the forum over. :)

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• its simple...we all accept those new rules..it will be less annoying than now.
    All sellers have the same rules..i dont see a problem only benefits for all.

While I agree to accept their rules, they asked how we want it to be structured. So - despite the title and bumb thing - the concrete rules are yet to be set.
    Or did I miss something here?

• my Slogan, for the price of the coffee!

am I the only one who really likes this Guido´s slogan? ..for the price of the coffee!.. I find it original, interesting and even humorous.. I did not like the whole title.. it was really too long.. I am not annoyed by anything here in this KPA forum but do understand that commercial section can be pretty annoying for those who are not interested in commercial profiles anymore.. let them have that option: hide all commercial stuff..

ps: mightypudge has mentioned one very but very important thing.. I would add: esteem it