Show your latest guitar

• Brilliant!

• First you decide to build an acoustic, then you actually produce a lovely guitar, then you tell us it's a beast and then you show it off with the amazing scottish background!

Not jealous, honest!

Seriously, TOP JOB dude!!

• I have been writing a VST and have not used my Kemper much. But the other day I went and jammed on it with my Mono Cali Strat. It sounded so much better than my other guitars.

Today they were on sale again so I ordered a 3rd one. $71 + tax. I don't see me playing anything but these from now on. I love these guitars. But fear what I am doing to some poor soul in a hole somewhere making these for slave wages. Tell me I'm not a bad person ;(

• Hi,

A quick presentation of my last custom project.

Like most of Ibanez JS Fan, I’m a long time fan of the iconic « Chromeboy »! 😎

I had a project in mind…not a « Chromeboy » accurate clone, but my custom personnal version of the « Chromeboy »…

That’s how born the « Titanboy »…a mix between Titanium and Chromium for my vision of Silver Surfer color. 😁

Color change depending of the light and the environment (grey to blue…)!😎

I draw a custom « Silver Surfer » « John Byrne version » on the back (to remember Joe’s album).

The guitar works like a Charm!

The project is on the basis of an Ibanez JS 1000 BTB (all original parts/pickups).

I have sandraw all the cosmo black hardware to give a more raw/mat feeling (not like a glossy Chrome).

Hope you will like this project!

• That's stunning! How did you get the colour?

• That's stunning! How did you get the colour?

Thanks!

It’s a colored chrome based on a chrome process named « Cosmichrome ».

The color is like « titanium light » color.

-> first, the guitar is chromed normaly

-> second, color is applied (here light black to « darker » the Chrome at some areas)

-> coat is applied at différents steps between both

Result is a like a real mirror rendered but darker as Chrome…like Titanium.

for the Hardware parts, I have used the original « Cosmo Black » parts and give them a « raw /grey mat » finish using sanding paper.

• Wow. Still don't understand the process but it sure turned out beautiful!

I'm curious, how does a chrome finish on wood age? Is it expected to be tolerant to temperature change cycles over the years or would you expect eventual cracking like nitro?

Regardless, first class job!

• Wow. Still don't understand the process but it sure turned out beautiful!

I'm curious, how does a chrome finish on wood age? Is it expected to be tolerant to temperature change cycles over the years or would you expect eventual cracking like nitro?

Regardless, first class job!

Normaly, it will no crack…we will see with time. 😁