Show your latest guitar

• Mango Wood? That's something I've never seen before....must be a sweet sounding guitar.. :D (sorry, couldn't resist)

Its the main reason I bought it, I love mango :)

Yeah weird eh? I was originally after the Hi gloss Venus 3, the very latest one, but couldn't find one Second Hand. This came up and so went for it.

Sounds way better than my Yamaha A3M :)

• Nice LP. And you get extra points for mentioning Thin Lizzy!

Thank you! I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get on with these pickups, or at least in the bridge. In fairness, I owned my original Deluxe forty years ago and wasn't as savvy or picky about tone. back in those days I was playing a Fender Champ with a EH Big Muff and then moved to a Fender Twin Reverb. Yikes. The output of these pickups is fine but the bridge pickup is brighter than Stephen Hawking. I understand the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop can build a JB model pickup (my favorite) in a Gibson Mini Humbucker format so I have contacted them. Wish me luck.

• Definitely good luck! Chasing tone always leads to deep rabbit holes. As soon as you find it, you hit another birthday and your ears change. But it sounds like you've been down there many times before so I'm sure you're on the right track.

For me at least, the main requirement for a good electric is how it sounds and plays unplugged. If that's really good then it's a keeper. Then swapping strings or tweaking the Kemper dials can usually get me to a more than acceptable tone territory. A too bright pickup can sure be annoying. But, sometimes changing the cap value can help tame it a bit, sometimes not. Pickup changes, for lazy me, are the last step, just because they are a pain to change and you can't just go out a test drive a bunch of them before choosing. Happy hunting!

• PRS SE DGT. What a guitar! For this price I'm floored....I wanted to buy another guitar, actually....for 2.5k...but this one just got me. Crazy what level of quality they achieve at this price point....

Hubba hubba!

The first PRS I bought back in 2013 was a used DGT 10 top with birds. Absolutely love it. Amazing neck and fantastic pickups.

• Just showed up. It's light!

String action is way too high for me, so I will be using that Micro-Tilt as soon as I have time.

Quite impressed with the unplugged sound!

Beautiful grain! I have concerns about the effect of micro tilts on the neck over time. You many want to consider a shim or shaving down the bridge saddle to lower the action.

Edited once, last by RVA213 ().

• Beautiful grain! I have concerns about the effect of micro tilts on the neck over time. You many want to consider a shim or shaving down the bridge saddle to lower the action.

What would be your concern with a Micro-Tilt? I've been using guitars with this for years.

• What would be your concern with a Micro-Tilt? I've been using guitars with this for years.

I have experienced a few guitars that had a warped neck and which also had the micro tilt applied over an expended period of time. Some say it is because f the uneven pressure on the neck heel since most micro-tilts are just a screw, or screw and small washer type thing. I have no scientific support for this correlation other than my limited experience. That said, a shim seems like an easier and complete solution that avoids this possibility. Sanding the bottom of the bridge saddle works, if you are comfortable with that, and it is currently high enough to make an adequate difference if sanded.

• I have experienced a few guitars that had a warped neck and which also had the micro tilt applied over an expended period of time. Some say it is because f the uneven pressure on the neck heel since most micro-tilts are just a screw, or screw and small washer type thing. I have no scientific support for this correlation other than my limited experience. That said, a shim seems like an easier and complete solution that avoids this possibility. Sanding the bottom of the bridge saddle works, if you are comfortable with that, and it is currently high enough to make an adequate difference if sanded.

The screws at the heel stay clamped down, so it's a solid 3-point mount with the Tilt screw. Then the deeper pocket screws at snugged down. I can't see any way this would ever warp a neck if done right.

• After a month of playing 10"s on this I restrung it with 8"s with great success.

The Suhr pickups with the 5 way switch gives coil tap options that make it versatile.

The intonation is excellent due to the multi-scale.

Under 5 lbs. players laugh when you hand it to them, so do I. 8)

• Installed a small switch / mod into my my 2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (which already has been upgraded some time ago with locking tuners and a prewired Fender HSS pickguard with Shawbucker and Noiseless pickups).

The switch only affects the Shawbucker and connects the blue 1nF ceramic capacitor (parallel, to ground). The effect is pretty much the same as what the res peak switch of the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster does in setting 1 (820pF cap on the new and 1nF on the older model): Shifting the resonance peak of the pickup down.

I like the Shawbucker for what it does. It is a bright, low output and very dynamic pickup, that goes well with the single coils. But in some cases it can be a bit too much bite and spank and I would like to have a "classic sounding" humbucker. Tested a few caps and 1nF works best for me. It sounds subtle enough, but much more like a well balanced classic humbucker now. In high gain the effect seems subtle first, but it makes a huge difference for me. Without noise gate you can clearly hear how some (disturbing) high frequencies are cut out. I still get a cutting, but more pleasing metal tone without strange piercing highs. With 2nF and higher cap values it gets too much of a cocked wah tone (similar to SD Pickup Booster in setting 2).

I couldn't get the same results with tone control (feels like loosing some attack...) or with EQ (playing around with 5khz, 2.5khz...). And I didn't want to get rid of the unique sounding Shawbucker either. So it was a pretty simple cheap mod that turned out great and made this already versatile guitar even more flexible. Also dropped in an Orange Drop cap on the tone control, simply because I had one lying around unused... :)

• Not my latest but my FIRST real electric guitar i got about 30 years ago. I learned my chuggs on this badboy when i was a kid. Came with a tiny battery powered amp with a curly chord and a cassette with i think 10 tracks and the b side was missing the rhythm guitars so you could jam along with the band. It was incredible. Sadly i no longer have it i believe its sitting in an old friends loft somewhere and its been there for the past 20 some years. He's since moved so i guess it just got thrown in a skip or something. But Dayum! just look at that paintjob...i was THE BOSS! I loved that guitar \m/ Great memories.