Hello! New user.. with a couple of questions

• Hello! New Kemper user here, got it delivered yesterday and absolutely love it. Best purchase I’ve done in a long time, no doubt. Really like the sense of community here too – been skulking around the forum in anticipation for a few weeks now :) The only thing - if anything - is just the sheer amount of rigs already loaded on it; where do you start and how do you organise everything? I’m mostly playing along to music at home so I thought I’d start off with getting a few rigs to match my current ‘repertoire’…

I’ve downloaded the new Mesa IIC+ stuff from Djemass - which are awesome by the way- but when I imported The Terrence Hill pack and loaded it onto my Kemper I only had about 3-4 new rigs although in the folder I downloaded there were around 23 in total? I also loaded the Bud Spencer pack but that just left me completely confused as there were hundreds in there…

Also, I am looking for a nice, Petrucci-esque clean rig for finger style riffs etc (i.e Goodnight Kiss) so if anyone could point me in the right direction of one, or give me some pointers on which one of Djemass’ rigs I could modify to start with that would be amazing.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the barrage of questions!

G

• Ciao Godal, welcome here :)

I'd advise you to start using Rig Manager, by which you'll be able to see, list and listen to all the rigs you d\l and all those present in the Rig Exchange.

Personally, I've removed all the rigs from my Pool (only kept the Performance I use) and moved everything onto my PC :)

As for rigs not showing in your list, check your selection criteria: while in Browser mode, be sure that the first virtual button's label on the left above the display reads "All rigs".

Also, the zip file you d\ed might have been damaged.

HTH

PS: It's "Terence Hill" ;)

[Blocked Image: http://biografieonline.it/img/bio/Terence_Hill_1.jpg]
    HTH

• Welcome.
    I have found that everybody has a different way of organizing rigs.
    The first thing i would do is audition them SLOWLY via RigManager.
    Put the ones you like in a favourite folder, later think about how you want them organized (sorted by brand, model, gain, guitar you intend to use it with, whatever).
    Take it slow. ;)

• Welcome,

Personally I moved all factory rigs on a folder in Rig Manager, then deleted everything from the profiler to start from scratch. I found the stuff on Rig Exchange to be hit and miss (there's many gems on there though especially for the style you mentioned). That being said, one night I took 2 hours tweaking to perfection my favorite amp from RE and realized a stock commercial profile was better straight out of the box, therefore I figured I'd just save time and load on a few commercial profiles from that seller. About that, it's definitely quality over quantity.

I put my favorite rigs in the profiler (browse mode), then organize rigs in group of 5 in performance mode by amplifier type (i.e 1 Deluxe clean, 2 Deluxe break up, 3 Deluxe crunch, 4 Deluxe solo clean, 5 Deluxe solo overdrive). I have just 3 amplifier type loaded and well tweaked at the moment, (a Bassman, a Marshall and a Two Rock) and that covers pretty much everything I need these days but I have many more awesome amps waiting to be loaded and tweaked in the future. Then, I also keep a folder with a picture of each amp loaded (I find when you see visually what you have, it's easier to see what's at your disposal or what else you might need for a specific gig).

Another big thing I've discovered recently is that instead of loading a profile with more gain, the result is sometimes better with a profile with less gain and a stomp (Green scream or Mouse) mixed in (mix % button), so experiment like that. Then, if you use it live, make sure you listen to your stuff and tweak it at stage volume using speakers that won't color the sound too much; if you skip that part you might end having a bad surprise when you plug in a random PA system/speakers.

• Amazing, thanks both! It definitely makes sense to wipe the profiler and start from 'scratch' – I guess it's the equivalent of buying an amp and over time adding to your collection as your needs grow :) I'll have a look for the thumas rigs on the exchange once it's up and running again.

• Amazing, thanks both! It definitely makes sense to wipe the profiler and start from 'scratch' – I guess it's the equivalent of buying an amp and over time adding to your collection as your needs grow :) I'll have a look for the thumas rigs on the exchange once it's up and running again.

Great analogy, Godal.

• Defo use Rig manager as you can audition rigs very quickly by just scrolling down and they autoload.

Better to find something close and tweak than take a bad rig and try to make it sound good.

I agree with removing off the KPA because if you then want to change things on stage, its quicker than scrolling through profiles you don't use so you just end up with rigs that you want on there.

Also, audition rigs through your intended set up as I've found they sound very different depending upon set up. I run through a 4 x12 on stage, so I set that up with my laptop connected to my KPA and stored the ones I thought sounded good, then went back to choose my favs....

Personally I don't use the overdrive/gain stomps but I suspect I'm missing a whole world of possibilities...

Have fun!!!

P.S. the right rig won't make you sound like Petrucci, you'll need some talent as well ;)