Thin sound!! (again!!! hahahaha... But this time with more research)

• My clean sense is at -12
    I've made threads about that before, without any solution.
    Others have had the same problem too. If I raise the clean sense above -12 it starts clipping red!

CS @ -12 is certainly an extreme setting.
    if the INPUT LED hits red now and again, this doesn't mean it's clipping - at all.
    in fact disable STACK and record with a CS setting of '0' and unless you can hear clipping going, there is none happening.

despite the actual distance to the strings - the way the whole humbucker is visible in your setup is something I haven't seen before.
    apparently I need glasses... ;)

• CS @ -12 is certainly an extreme setting.
    if the INPUT LED hits red now and again, this doesn't mean it's clipping - at all.
    in fact disable STACK and record with a CS setting of '0' and unless you can hear clipping going, there is none happening.

despite the actual distance to the strings - the way the whole humbucker is visible in your setup is something I haven't seen before.

Just the reflection Don, no?

• CS @ -12 is certainly an extreme setting.

I will see what settings I have when I have time, I gotta run to the bus soon, but I will look later!

What do you mean with "whole humbucker is visible"? I can't see anything weird with the pickup than any other humbuckers out there? :|

• I am not an expert and have no idea how reliable this test is. From your level matched sinmix comparison. Blue is sinmix, yellow is your reamp.
    Strange as I thought it would be the reverse. You are definitely setting something differently from how sinmix has.

[Blocked Image: https://snag.gy/tLQIEd.jpg]

Cool test man!

The weird thing is, I expected way more difference on a spectrum analyser than than.
    That's pretty close, but I can hear a lot of difference myself.

@Cederick is the OUTPUT eq neutral?

Yep :)

• Ooook maybe this can helps a little :D

Probably you know this band?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wanna hear how sounds orginal guitar track from this recording? Its Engl Savage. There is also my reamp on my Savage and the rest tracks from this session no eq used on guitars in the "mix"

http://www.brickwall.pl/hammer/

Stay Metal!

• @Cederick I sent you a message via this forum. To check it, look at the top left corner of the forum and click "Conversations".

@sinmix Your sound is awesome. No denying it. Cederick is not saying theres anything wrong with your reamp version, its when he uses the profile on his kemper, it does not sound the same. My guess is theres a setting on his kemper that needs to be adjusted to fix the issue.

• @Cederick I sent you a message via this forum. To check it, look at the top left corner of the forum and click "Conversations".

@sinmix Your sound is awesome. No denying it. Cederick is not saying theres anything wrong with your reamp version, its when he uses the profile on his kemper, it does not sound the same. My guess is theres a setting on his kemper that needs to be adjusted to fix the issue.

Exactly!

That's what has bugged me in all of these threads I've made.

People say "I like that sound" or something like that, but that's not helping the issue.

The issue is that when I use a profile that's exactly the same as somebody else, it sounds thin and fizzy.
    And that's ALL profiles on my entire Kemper, that has that thin and fizzy sound.

Going the SPDIF, we can count out the factor of preamp coloration.

Amp EQ and output EQ is at 0 on all frequencies, and clean sense doesn't even affect the sound at all.

At the moment, I have my dist sense at +-0.

This was NEVER intended as a bash on SinMix profiles, or any other. Not even Kemper unit itself, but rather my issue beingunable to make the same sounds as others.

I appriciate you for listening and 100% understanding my issue, rather than just "I like how it sounds" or "that would be better in a mix than a lot of bass"... Gah. hahaha