Today's release 4.0.6 12421

• I feel your pain, but all I can say is thank goodness the music I play depends more on my actual playing than trying to do a tap dance to change rigs at crucial points in the song.

Mine depends on both. Along with my playing, I have to trigger certain rigs that use very specific and noticeable delays and effects at times, along with samples (which have nothing to do with the Kemper). So with all of those things going on (along with singing occasionally), it's really irritating to have to wonder "did my rigs change" every time I hit a button. It can be distracting and as we all know, when you're distracted, it can actually impact you're playing.

• I can live with it, but in my opinion, I paid $500 for an uber-foot controller that so far is anything but.
    I love not having to program MIDI with another controller, but the visual lag is a problem for me personally live.
    I get nervous when I switch and don't see it go for a second, not knowing if it will change or not mid song.

I am seriously thinking about just going back to a MIDI controller that can send MIDI cc's and can do everything I need for the same price or cheaper than the remote unfortunately.

I really love the remote but the shortcomings are not justified with the price I paid anymore.

• So, for me, I found myself waiting on the screen. Which in a cover band, means everybody else, band, crowd, also has to wait. At the time I didn't realize that the audio was actually changing instantly. So I would hit the foot switch, turn my volume down, and wait for the change...and apologize to my band mates :)

I ended up switching back to v3. To OhG's point I am happy with the performance of the v3 and I don't have that perceived slow response of the performance change.

• With enough Beer the Lag is not there any more!!
    Sorry guys i shut up now :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• The amp I used for years prior to owning the Kemper - a Mesa Roadster - had an audio delay on switching channels. It was a necessary feature of the switching circuit of the amp, apparently. It also had no readout on the footswitch whatsoever, of course.
    So I have absolutely no complaints about my Kemper!

• So, for me, I found myself waiting on the screen. Which in a cover band, means everybody else, band, crowd, also has to wait. At the time I didn't realize that the audio was actually changing instantly. So I would hit the foot switch, turn my volume down, and wait for the change...and apologize to my band mates :)

really? I don't get why someone would act like that. Do you also stop playing when you hit a wrong button?
    I just hit the buttons and play. The Remote switches every time I hit a button. There is no "does it switch this time? I better wait to see."
    When I but a wrong button I either hear it instantly or see it just a bit later. When I can't hear it, it also isn't a problem for the band sound.

• So, for me, I found myself waiting on the screen. Which in a cover band, means everybody else, band, crowd, also has to wait. At the time I didn't realize that the audio was actually changing instantly. So I would hit the foot switch, turn my volume down, and wait for the change...and apologize to my band mates

The whole band is waiting for what? We are talking about milliseconds. If we finished one song i step one performance higher. Slot 1 is autoloaded and after the drummer has started the next song i could have changed the performances ten times. Or do you play a complete show instantly without talking to the crowd or a ten seconds break between the songs?

• This means you first has to show your band mates the new Rig in the Display ???
    Audio switching is right there, there nothing to complain about,
    its more important to hear the sound first , then to see it in the Display
    My 2 Cents

• Its not just the display, the expression pedal (used as a wah) has a lag the first or second time it's used on a patch, after that it works perfect. The expression pedal lag occurs with midi controllers and plugged into the remote. The lag does not occur if the expression pedal is plugged directly into the kemper but I am using wireless and only have the supplied Ethernet cable running to the amp. I can live with a slow display response on the remote and kemper as long as the audio switches fast but the expression pedal lag is really hard to deal with live. I sent my backup to kemper and they said they couldnt reproduce it. I went from 500+ rigs down to 250 and made sure the wah is calibrated each time. I reset all defaults and did a system reset. I havent installed yesterdays update but I have the one before it 4.06

I have noticed this as well. There is lag using midi and my expression pedal, I had assumed it was my controller issue but it seems it happens with the remote as well. This is not acceptable to me and needs to be addressed. I can also confirm that my expression pedal directly into the Kemper does not have any lag.

• As to the display lag, I'm fine with prioritizing audio switching over everything else. What is bothersome is the display lag when moving the dials, particularly when changing MIDI PC values. It's hard to dial in the right value & I end up going back & forth like when I try to chip onto the green.

• really? I don't get why someone would act like that. Do you also stop playing when you hit a wrong button?I just hit the buttons and play. The Remote switches every time I hit a button. There is no "does it switch this time? I better wait to see."
    When I but a wrong button I either hear it instantly or see it just a bit later. When I can't hear it, it also isn't a problem for the band sound.

Sorry if you misunderstood...

No, I don't stop playing, don't think I'd last long as a guitar player, in a band situation, if I did. I am speaking strictly between songs. So while I appreciate your holier than though approach, that isn't what I meant.

Also, switching back to v3 removed the delay, so I am good. If I do go to v4, it'll take some getting used to but now that I know it switches the audio instantly shouldn't really be an issue.

• The whole band is waiting for what? We are talking about milliseconds. If we finished one song i step one performance higher. Slot 1 is autoloaded and after the drummer has started the next song i could have changed the performances ten times. Or do you play a complete show instantly without talking to the crowd or a ten seconds break between the songs?

So, I updated the firmware, sounds were all intact so, thought I was good to go. Got to the gig and started noticing the lag, wasn't sure if there was something wrong with the Kemper or not. So yeah, I had to have the band wait. And while I am apparently not the rock star incarnate that you are, we did work the crowd and we got through it.

This post original was simply asking if it was addressed and now we have the guys riding in on their high horses, chill out...

Oh, and a special thanks to Ingolf for getting me pointed to v3!

• So, I updated the firmware, sounds were all intact so, thought I was good to go. Got to the gig and started noticing the lag, wasn't sure if there was something wrong with the Kemper or not. So yeah, I had to have the band wait. And while I am apparently not the rock star incarnate that you are, we did work the crowd and we got through it.
    This post original was simply asking if it was addressed and now we have the guys riding in on their high horses, chill out...

Oh, and a special thanks to Ingolf for getting me pointed to v3!

Read your explanation but didn't understand what exactly you mean. Can't imagine why the whole band shall wait between the songs, because the Profiler has a display lag of half a second.
    Maybe we are talking about different things. ?(
    I never realize a real lag during a gig.

• As to the display lag, I'm fine with prioritizing audio switching over everything else. What is bothersome is the display lag when moving the dials, particularly when changing MIDI PC values. It's hard to dial in the right value & I end up going back & forth like when I try to chip onto the green.

The problem that many of us (including myself) have is that there was no noticeable audio OR display lag prior to firmware 4.x. Now, with 4.x, the audio still has no lag (which is great), but there IS now a NEW and greater visual lag on the display. So yes, you're right in that the audio should take priority. But why was visual lag ADDED when it wasn't there before? That's the issue. And it becomes an issue when you're playing complicated sections of songs that require relatively quick switching, or distinct delays and stuff like that. Because now, when you switch, there is a delay and your mind can wonder if you hit the button hard enough or not, rather than just being able to hit it, know that it changed and focus on nothing but your playing. It's a major distraction.

If you're only using 1-2 rigs per song, then no, it's not a big deal. But for those of us that switch between multiple rigs quickly in one song, then it becomes a distraction. And the most irritating part is that it wasn't there prior to 4.x.

• The problem that many of us (including myself) have is that there was no noticeable audio OR display lag prior to firmware 4.x. Now, with 4.x, the audio still has no lag (which is great), but there IS now a NEW and greater visual lag on the display. So yes, you're right in that the audio should take priority. But why was visual lag ADDED when it wasn't there before? That's the issue. And it becomes an issue when you're playing complicated sections of songs that require relatively quick switching, or distinct delays and stuff like that. Because now, when you switch, there is a delay and your mind can wonder if you hit the button hard enough or not, rather than just being able to hit it, know that it changed and focus on nothing but your playing. It's a major distraction.
    If you're only using 1-2 rigs per song, then no, it's not a big deal. But for those of us that switch between multiple rigs quickly in one song, then it becomes a distraction. And the most irritating part is that it wasn't there prior to 4.x.

Just a measured guess, but as the back end of the profiler has become more complicated to accommodate multiple delays and morphing, I believe the switching has become more intensive for the system. To keep the near-instant audio switching, something had to give. Again, just my theory.