downward compatibility of firmware updates and new profiles after release of Kemper 2

• Hi guys!
    First things first: thank you for making this community as great as it is! You invest a lot of time in answering questions, which really helps people, me included. I already learned so much about the profiler, a device that I crave to take home with me since the first time I played it! Unfortunately, the glorious day has yet to come. I am one of these typically poor students, living in the city with the highest rent/m2 of my country, spending the largest portion of my time working long nights doing science (of course without a salary - which would only distract a good scientist from full dedication to his work... yeah...). Similar to the Kemper, my nobel price has yet to come, so I had to save for ages, but next month I am finally ready to purchase one of these green boxes of joy!

To make a long story short: I am afraid of next NAMM. Obviously, with enough spare money available, waiting even just another week seems impossible. But then again, the profiler is quite old. If Kemper comes out with a Mark II in January, that makes you sound like Bonamassa while serving coffee, curing cancer and kicking Donald Trump in his butt... I'd be quite depressed... But well, the old Kemper will still be good! So I keep telling me that to justify my impatience, works quite well, but one thing would really hurt -> when the Kemper II arrives with both of its 4k OLED screens and built-in strymon effect units - will firmware updates be exclusively for the new one? Will new profiles be downward compatible?

I know, I know, questions concerning a new Kemper model are kind of pointless... nobody knows this stuff other than the Kemper people themselves, who will remain quite for good reason. But I thought, maybe there are some dudes among you, who have similar thoughts and like to share what's going through their minds - a group therapy of sorts. And then maybe some other dudes with vast technical knowledge join and actually provide some useful information based on the architecture of the Kemper. So here are some stupid but fun questions:

-did anyone from the Kemper Team ever said sth. about a new model?
    -Are there some signs that hint to a new Kemper? Any parts in the device, that aren't produced any more? Any big proceedings/new trends in the DSP department? Any competitor with incredible features that the Kemper misses (just kidding)?
    -what about downward compatibility - what are your thoughts? Anyone from Kemper ever said sth? Are there some hardware changes that would be likely in a new model that could lead to compatibility problems?

Just use your crystal balls and write your thoughts, maybe we can figure out sth. useful! thanks a lot in advance :)!

• Despite some more leftfield requests from users for new features, there seems to be little the Kemper cannot do that most users need. I don't consider that it has reached a point where it no longer satisfies or fails to match the competition.

Unless there's a huge development that requires a big step in hardware, I don't think one is round the corner.

• No Kemper 2 in sight.
    I have heard from a so called personal statement by C. Kemper that all profiles will be upward compatible as long as the profiler exists.
    Downward compatibility is probably not fullfilled. (I hope we have the same meaning for this word.)

Profiles created with a current version cannot be played back with the early versions. There have already been 2 major upgrades.

In any case, I also expect a technological advance in some time.

The existing profiles were supposed to be playable even in case of a hardware changes.

BTW: I will decide to upgrade my equipment when the time is coming.
    I never say never and surely I never say always ;)

• If a KPA Mk2 does arrive, will you then hesitate because a Mk3 might be a possibility? In other words there is always the possibility of hardware changes with any product, cars are the worst example. You have to join the market at some point and there is always a risk that you will buy just a s a new model comes out.

The point here is no one really knows and I'm not sure if the possibility of a MK2 came up from users, not sure of the history here. There is no hard evidence of a new model so you just have to make a judgement call.

How much use do you have to get out of it to be worth ownership (return on investment), e.g. 6 months? This is nearly impossible to calculate and I say pointless.

You buy one and assuming you are happy then if a new model comes out, so what. You'll still have a fantastic amp with a lot of life in it.

I worried about this when I bought mine 2.5 years ago. Thankfully I didn't hesitate/wait.