Help, I bought a Kemper.

• Here is a tip not found in the manual.

Make sure your profiles are backed up in 2 or 3 places....2 of those cloud based.

And importantly, make sure you must log in with User ID and password every time you access the cloud files.

My computer was hit by ransonware last year and I had to trash the drive and start fresh.

While my attack primarily targeted pictures and documents, other ransomware attacks may encrypt everything.

In fact, with ransomware attacks common now, everybody should back up every file on their computer these days.

Congrats on the new purchase and DEFINITELY watch the official Kemper tutorials.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Alright, so it looks like the general consensus is that I should try different monitors, so i will definitely do this in the future.

So my Kemper was delivered today and here are some short thoughts/questions.

The good: Damn, sound is convincing. Took me basically a few minutes to get some amazing clean, high gain and rock tones. Any amp sim and modeller I tried needed a lot of tweeking.

The bad: Just two quick questions after playing around for a short time. 1) I was surprised how good the trampose sounds. However anything lower than -2 has a very noticable delay. Any way to fix this? 2) My Kemper came without a printed manual. All that was in the package was power cable, some stickers 2 picks and well the Kemper (duh). There was some kind of cardboard recess in the packaging which I assume is where the manual was supposed to be. So important question: Is this regular? Because I was thinking maybe the shop sold me a already send back unit without labeling it as such, which would not be okay for me.

The ugly: I leave town tomorrow and wont be back to enjoy my new little friend until next weekend.

• There should normally be a small Quick start manual but there is no perimeter detailed manual. You need to download that from the website simply because they try to keep it up to date

And it's worth noting that the link to the MIDI implementation guide listed in the manual (at least as of a week or two ago) is wrong.

You have to poke around and find it manually. I hit that section of the site first and didn't see it, then found it from Google, which pointed me back to a link on the Kemper site. I can't remember what the difference in location was but it's there.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10