Inner Darkness

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well this is what happens when I try to be quicker and rather than throw away the first cheesy bad self indulgent generic ideas just try and elevate it. And it still took two hours! :(

• Thanks for checking it out Monkey_Man , waraba and BayouTexan .

It’s true, practice is all it is when it comes to speeding up. The biggest single step you can make is just to not be a perfectionist, the second that goes with that is to learn to work from big rough shapes to small details rather than the other way around. Same as with the other arts.

There’s always going to be another track. Get the rough idea and shapes down, refine them, build up from there. It can help to set yourself deadlines too, the “noodle challenge” is just that. It forces me to focus on what’s important to get anything out the door but at the same time it inherently doesn’t matter if what I produce is mediocre rubbish because I only had spare time in a day to do it in, so you can’t expect professional quality work, which takes a stress out of it, and finally there will be another opportunity tomorrow.

• I'm glad you guys offer up tricks and tips to be a better musician. I am not used to that. My past professions had some super snobby peers that seemed happy if you fail to make them look better. So glad I am away from that crap.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Well music isn't my profession but I gather it happens in any industry, music included. Everyone has bouts of insecurity so I never take that stuff personally when I've encountered it. The thing is, in my experience in any industry you can supplant skill with personality or people skills, so that gives you two routes to the top - Either be the absolute best, or fill the remaining gap between where your skills get you and the top with friendliness. So, if you spend your time being helpful and friendly and selling girl scout cookies you're more likely to open doors than if you go around banging on them trying to force war and peace down peoples throats.

• Hi Per,

interesting song. As Nicky said : a bit of spaghetti western combined with other genres :)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Good one Per, as said often before it is very inspiring to see these ideas from your head materialize in the noodles. And I like your approach. 80/20 rule is sometimes in my head. While in professional life it is rather easy to apply it I certainly do have a hard time when it comes to music or any private life topics. Still way to go and things to learn. Comes only with practice... so my plan for the weekend is clear now :thumbup:8)

I am not used to that. My past professions had some super snobby peers that seemed happy if you fail to make them look better.

That's awful. Nothing else. I keep telling my teams that there's two things I can't stand: Ignorance and arrogance. I have to deal with candidates a lot in my job and some of them bring some arrogance which is by no means acceptable.