Show us your studio - Man cave or space lab, we wanna see your creative space 😎

• Official Post

Update: Acoustic panels are finally up! Verb and echo is almost Zero! The music is directed right at me now. It was a labor of love and PIA. I was hoping the centered color accents would complement the curtians and rugs instead of just a plain row of black. I will be using Sonarworks to calibrate everything. I still have much more decorating to do on the sides and back walls but that is coming for Xmas. I will also look into left and right bass traps.

just my personal opinion & experience:
    Curtains often only have the effect of filtering a bit of high end and possibly one narrow band, so instead of somewhat clean reflections, you get muffled ones - not really an improvement ;)

Choosing an EQ to adress issues in the time domain is kind of a band aid anyway, but after all the work you put into the absorbers it almost seems like an afterthought.

Bass traps will be a great improvement I'm sure.

• Update: Acoustic panels are finally up! Verb and echo is almost Zero! The music is directed right at me now. It was a labor of love and PIA. I was hoping the centered color accents would complement the curtians and rugs instead of just a plain row of black. I will be using Sonarworks to calibrate everything. I still have much more decorating to do on the sides and back walls but that is coming for Xmas. I will also look into left and right bass traps.

Almost Open House time!

looks fab, a very creative space

• just my personal opinion & experience:
    Curtains often only have the effect of filtering a bit of high end and possibly one narrow band, so instead of somewhat clean reflections, you get muffled ones - not really an improvement ;)

Choosing an EQ to adress issues in the time domain is kind of a band aid anyway, but after all the work you put into the absorbers it almost seems like an afterthought.

Bass traps will be a great improvement I'm sure.

The curtains have to be up because they are covering a long window on the left and a doorway on the right.

I'm thinking about 12 inch x 7 foot corner traps on stands, and I might need 2 more panels above me for the ceiling.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Once you get the wood floors down it will start to pop along with your wallet. :)

I can assure you the wallet popped long ago. Concrete walls and roof and two panes of 25mm glass for the main structure was eye watering 😢 it took 8 of us to lift the main window outer pane. Still got that to go through again one the inner walls are up and able to support the inner windows.

• I be bass trappin' today! Also got some of my heroes up and a few more decorations. The studio will be getting 2 more acoustic side panels (blank area on adjacent walls) and 2 overhead clouds. The double doors to the amp/vocal room will get some diffusers on them.

• I be bass trappin' today! Also got some of my heroes up and a few more decorations. The studio will be getting 2 more acoustic side panels (blank area on adjacent walls) and 2 overhead clouds. The double doors to the amp/vocal room will get some diffusers on them.

Your heroes? Lemme guess the first pic is Jack Sparrow and the second one ET. :whistling: :saint: Ted Nugent, I wouldn't guessed it. Killer guitarist but a wacko. :wacko: As soon as he open his mouth, no shut up and play yer guitar instead.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Your heroes? Lemme guess the first pic is Jack Sparrow and the second one ET. :whistling: :saint: Ted Nugent, I wouldn't guessed it. Killer guitarist but a wacko. :wacko: As soon as he open his mouth, no shut up and play yer guitar instead.

Yep! Killer guitarist. Isn't every guitarist kind of wacko? I mean, we practice a lot harder to communicate with people using our guitars rather than our mouths. ;)

• Ted Nugent at California Jam II was one of the greatest moments in rock history for sure! Coming out on top of his amps wailing away with all that semi-solid feedback! I was glued to the TV when that was on. He was at the top of his game at that time. Playing some Nugent pinball and watching Cal Jam II.

Good times 8)

Cal Jam 2 was also one of the greatest events ever. I was watching for Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, since they made my favorite album of all time (Live). But was blown away by everyone that played. Especially Gonzo.

I dont know who the guy in the other picture is. He doesn't even look like he knows how a guitar works. His picking hand is in the wrong spot. Sheesh. :P

Oh yeah, studio is looking killer! I am super jelly.