Friedman BE-OD Deluxe Dual Overdrive Pedal - any thoughts?

• I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this pedal for my pedalboard. I've not seen one negative review about it and like how it can be dialed in to just about any amp. I've seen every review on the internet and just love the tones. I wouldn't mind trying it out on some clean-ish Kemper profiles. $269 seems pretty high for a distortion pedal but if it works for me... ??

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…luxe-dual-overdrive-pedal

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Think there are clones you could try on eBay out there, but I’d say go for it bro. Was looking at this myself especially after watching Thorn’s review

I did not post some of the lesser quality reviews but even the tones they were getting were great!

• I had the single channel BE-OD, and it's a fantastic pedal. AFAIK, it doesn't stack, so it's basically 2 separate settings. I never had a problem with the single BE-OD, especially since it works great with the volume knob.

I was looking at the single for $199 but for $70 more I can get the dual channel and figure it's cost effective. I like that I can dial gain limit up or down with the pots inside which allows you to tailor the tones more personably -- for single or dual. It seems to be one of the most versatile distortions out there.

• I was looking at the single for $199 but for $70 more I can get the dual channel and figure it's cost effective. I like that I can dial gain limit up or down with the pots inside which allows you to tailor the tones more personably -- for single or dual. It seems to be one of the most versatile distortions out there.

You can get them used all over the place for a little over half that. The second channel is voiced different also.

• I decided to order the Clockworks Edition one from Sweetwater. It's a Father's Day gift so I opted for a new one and the free 2 year warranty.

I checked out some reviews of the single BE-OD and I still heard only really good tones with it. Besides Pete Thorn's reviews, I loved Phil McKnight's comparison of the BE-OD to the EVH 5150 (although he did not use the Deluxe 2 channel). I'll be looking forward to trying it out on some kemper profiles too!

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…lusive-clockworks-edition

• I've never heard a bad thing about any Friedman product. I'm assuming this will be to notch.

The comment in the last video about " amp manufacturers making pedals that replicate their amps" is an interesting one, because I've been using a Bogner Ubershall pedal for years. 🙂

• I have the 5150 Overdrive, and they are pretty different pedals. You can't go wrong with both!!!!

• I'm rarely going to argue against anyone buying new gear but....is this pedal any good? Yeah I bet it is because its a Freidman...but is it the best pedal for your needs? There are a plethora out there so perhaps not....

As an anti pedal guy, I always question what this will do that you can't currently do....

Having said all of that, I bet you will love it so I hope it does what you want it to do :)

• I'm rarely going to argue against anyone buying new gear but....is this pedal any good? Yeah I bet it is because its a Freidman...but is it the best pedal for your needs? There are a plethora out there so perhaps not....

As an anti pedal guy, I always question what this will do that you can't currently do....

Having said all of that, I bet you will love it so I hope it does what you want it to do :)

There is a specific characteristic that this pedal has that I want. I've been reviewing OD pedals for over a year so this is no quick-trigger. Besides, I only own one other OD/Dist pedal. We are certain to find out what I can do with it. ^^

• Besides, I only own one other OD/Dist pedal.

Time to up your game! I am not a pedal guy at all and I several. 8)

Just kidding, I never use pedals. But I do have a few. Notables are:

- a Nobles OD because someone suggested it. Pretty cool. Drives a Metal Zone really well.

- Wampler Dracarys. I wanted something heavy and I wanted to give Wampler money. It was basically a donation to his cause of making awesome pedals. Super cool guy.

Glad you got it. Cant wait to hear all about it and maybe get some profiles from ya! We need content while we wait for Liquid Profiling;)

• - a Nobles OD because someone suggested it. Pretty cool. Drives a Metal Zone really well.

There's a sentence I didn't expect to read today :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If you don't mind me asking, what is your signal chain going into the Kemper?

Maybe a dumb question: why Delay and Reverb on the board? To have them in front of the amp?

The pedalboard is for my tube amps, duh. :P Yes, I have an fx loop on the amps. I will occasionally pull a pedal from the board to try on the Kemper. All the modulation effects (top row) are stereo capable so I can pull and place on the Kemper L&R main outs to try. I have used my Keeley Comp, Freqout, and now the BE-OD in front of Kemper. The UM-1 Dist is where my Keeley "Comp" goes when not hooked up to the Kemper.

The loop is EQ--->Phaser--->Flanger--->Chorus--->Delay--->Reverb--->Looper(also stereo capable)

Front is Tuner--->Freqout--->BE-OD--->"Comp"

I was able to quickly dial in a tone for a new tune with the BE-OD on the Kemper yesterday using a uber clean Fender profile. I have never been satisfied with Kemper OD/Dist stomps. I love this pedal! And makes my tube amps go Grrrrrroooowwwl.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().