Kemper Kone vs Celestion F12-x200

• I guess what I'm saying is that Celestion made the F12-X200 as the most neutral speaker for any digital setup, whereas the Kone was designed by Celestion to Kemper's requirements, so the more genetic one would have to bring something better (I love my setup with a Kab). Peace. 🙂

• I’m not sure why there is even a debate.

One was specifically designed for the Kemper and its imprint technology.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Give me the pros and cons! Trying to decide

Another choice. I got a new jensen n12d thats best both worlds for sale in the uk. For digital modellers, got a huge range. I just been aquainted with my old gig cab an its a perfect match for my kemp. Strangely enough its got vintage celestion g12m70s wich people hate. Mine are the white label ones so maybe im lucky..like greenbacks there are many slight variations so its hard for people to say just oh i dont like this or that model. But oh man for reproducing, its kinda flat, keeps bass tight, an reverbs seem to be seperate too the core sound an seem crisp. These are found cheap because have a bad wrap. They say they are the worst speaker celestion made but i friken love the ones i got. Recomended

• Pros - you can sell the Kemper Kone pretty fast if you don't like it.

Cons - you might be stuck with the F12 for a long time.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have four of these things. The Kemper Kone in a 1x12 guitar cab, Kemper Kab (passive), the Celestion F12-150 in a 1x12 guitar cab and Celestion F12-X200 in the cabinet they designed with front facing bass port.

For me the Kemper cab is best with Kemper as it works exactly as designed with the software cab 'sim' feature built into the monitor output of Kempers.

the F12-150 is next best, a bit more 'guitar speaker' type delivery of the sound when used with modelers, although the Kemper cab used the same way (FRFR mode) is different but not better or worse. Just different the way two similar guitar speakers are different but equally rewarding. I'd say the F12-150 is a bit more directional than the Kemper cab is when used as FRFR. Similar to the way a guitar speaker is directional. Not extremely directional but the Kemper cab as FRFR is a bit less 'beamy'.

However, the F12-150 can be better still if you want to add another layer to the process.

There is a forum user on TGP who made special IR's for the Celestion F12's that are a 'subtractive' EQ of many popular guitar speakers....I think he takes a shot of a speaker, like a Greenback for example, overlays that result with the shot of the F12 and creates an IR that eliminates or reduces to proper ratio, the unwanted frequencies? Making the F12's impersonate the guitar speaker the IR is taken from.

I'm not really knowledgable enough to be able to explain it properly but from what I hear when I use them it does the same thing the Kemper 'Imprints' does for the Kone.

So with those IR's and the F12-150 I can get that same result for any modeler the Kone gives the Kemper.

(I find the F12-150 works much better in this way than the F12-x200 does)

So in the realm of speaker simulation of particular speakers...V30, Greenback, Jensen, etc, etc. the F12-150 is like a universal 'Kone'. Where as, the Kemper Kone is for Kemper only since the magic code for the Kone is baked into the Kemper toaster, head and Stage instead of in IR's you can load into any modeler.

I plan to sell the F12-x200 in its proprietary cabinet but imagine it will be hard to find someone who wants it so haven't bothered yet. It is the least effective of the four. Not that it isn't much better than most 'FRFR'. It is way better than the Headrush monitors for example as well as a couple other PA floor monitors people recommend for modelers that I've tried.