Liquid Identifier

• I know it was just released, but it would be nice to have a column or something in Rig Manager that identifies a profile as a liquid to make it easier to search for. The only way to identify it is if the creator puts a comment of some sort to search against, and if you elevate a profile to liquid, you have to comment it or you won't know without checking t see if there is a modeler other than generic against it. Just a thought...

• There are three items i see important with LP search criteria for me :

1) Does the Profile Own a Liquid ?

2) What kind of Profile ? (if i wanna have fender twin tone stack, others are not important)

3) Has Liquid been made during profiling process ?

IMO, 1 & 2 can be regroup with a drop-down list.

• Update an existing profile (rig) in liquid version (see new free packs of Guidorist, MBritt and RigBuster in the download section)

Profiling a new rig with the liquid method

1st question: do we get the same result? 100%?

2nd question: can we recognize in rig manager which liquid rigs have been updated and which ones have been created?

Thanks.

• Sorry to be the bad guy, but in my opinion this won't be ever implemented, the same way Merged profiles don't have any identifiers in the file itself.

People put "Merged" string in the rig name or in the rig comments and that 's it. You can find relevant profiles using Search function in Rig Manager.

The same way Liquid profiles are marked as "LQD" "LQP" "Liquid". But adding "Profile Type" column is undoable at this point in my opinion.

• Sorry to be the bad guy, but in my opinion this won't be ever implemented, the same way Merged profiles don't have any identifiers in the file itself.

People put "Merged" string in the rig name or in the rig comments and that 's it. You can find relevant profiles using Search function in Rig Manager.

The same way Liquid profiles are marked as "LQD" "LQP" "Liquid". But adding "Profile Type" column is undoable at this point in my opinion.

I have to agree with this unfortunately. I don’t see any way that the Kemper itself can know what type of profile it is useing. Therefore, we would be relying on the person doing the profiling to fill in the dat field manually and more importantly ACCURATELY. I can’t see this ever happening unfortunately.

• I have to agree with this unfortunately. I don’t see any way that the Kemper itself can know what type of profile it is useing. Therefore, we would be relying on the person doing the profiling to fill in the dat field manually and more importantly ACCURATELY. I can see this ever happening unfortunately.

Did you mean to say “can’t”?

• Did you mean to say “can’t”?

I think Wheresthedug meant "can".

I don’t see any way that the Kemper itself can know what type of profile it is useing

This means that this information is not part/attribute of the file, maybe it was never meant to be, and Kemper can't determine type of profile.

One can put "type of profile" in the rig name or rig comment. But you can't sort by it.

• I'm a developer actually... This would not be hard to implement. We are really only just asking for a field in Rig Manager that indicates if it is Liquid or not. It is getting a little old with all the various acronyms being used in the rig title section. It would also allow for an easy search against all other profiles to see just the Liquid ones. Just add it as a column you could turn off and on in the middle section of Rig Manager and base the fill against it being a Generic Amp or one with a Tone Stack. Not rocket science. Now whether they do it or not is a whole different thing. It was just a request.

I actually made this request when Liquid first came out. To be fair, I have been falling back to my regular profiles. I like Liquid Profiles, but I have many other ones dialed in that work just as good if not better. So for me, this is less of a priority now. Just a nice idea to have a searchable field (like a check box etc...) in rig manager to identify if it is one or not.

• I have to agree with this unfortunately. I don’t see any way that the Kemper itself can know what type of profile it is useing. Therefore, we would be relying on the person doing the profiling to fill in the dat field manually and more importantly ACCURATELY. I can see this ever happening unfortunately.

Entirely agree with you !

I remember when i tried to find Rigs on Rig exchange to match imprints, there are really few creamback/greenback speakers. Even TJ packs i bought are made with a speaker i've never heard before...

On the other side, it's hard to criticize gentle poeple who shares Profiles they made and when they made them, those needs were not necessary....

• I for one have never understood the hang up on wanting to *know* what’s merged and what isn’t. I’ve never paid any attention to it.

It either sounds good to you or it doesn’t.

“Well…it’s not authentic.” 😏

….you’re playing a digital amp. *None* of this is ‘authentic’.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hi, I mean the word ‘can’ in the last sentence.