Timeline for V10 to be non-beta

• How long (roughly) does it take to go from a Beta version to the real deal - obviously there is no definitive answer but I really want to try LP but use my KPA every week for live shows and can't risk a beta version - I also like Rig Manager and some have said it stops working on V10 beta :/

• How long does it take to learn Eruption? ;)

I have no issues with the OS beta or the RM beta. Is the new LP going to make your live shows better? Probably not unless you are working on new material. You can easily install it and roll it back to an old version if you wish, or just wait.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• How long (roughly) does it take to go from a Beta version to the real deal - obviously there is no definitive answer but I really want to try LP but use my KPA every week for live shows and can't risk a beta version - I also like Rig Manager and some have said it stops working on V10 beta :/

Yes...I am waiting for this as well... I was bout to do the update Beta version, but just saw 3 posts with issues (..minor buggy stuff that needs some tweaking..) It looks promising.. Can't wait!!

Based on other releases this size and the fact that it has been out for a couple of weeks, I would guess between another 2-4 weeks.

I play every other week and I've risked it as it seems stable. I've aslo gigged with Betas before with no issues BUT no doubt its a risk... I don't use RM unless setting stuff up so that not working isn't a big deal for me playing shows.

• There's a local player that everyone is so impressed with in part because at live shows he plays eruption. I always think yeah, but he's had 45 years to learn it!

...and countless videos showing you how to play it. The kids have it so easy these days...tsk!

There is playing Eruption and then there is playing Eruption...its not that hard to play it but Eddie had such a quirky style that sounding like him is the tough part - particularly as he never played it the same.

I love the analogy though, way better than " how long is a piece of string"...

• ...Eddie had such a quirky style that sounding like him is the tough part....

A lot (most?) people play it straight. As if they're just 'getting through' it.

Eddie never played anything totally straight. Along with so many other little nuances, his stuff *always* swings a bit.

...and that was nothing more than a *warm-up*. Eddie just screwing around. Ted Templeman just decided to record it.....and in doing so changed everything.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• ..and countless videos showing you how to play it. The kids have it so easy these days...tsk!

Agreed kids now complain of carrying a P.A. on a stick . We carried 70 PAR cans, heavy light dimmers, Leprecon light board and 8x BGW 750 backbreaker power amps (about 55lbs ea.) that we lifted and took 4 guys to lift each rack they were in and 4 huge MCA Sub cabs with 15" speakers and a 4 way P.A The only instructional videos I had were pushing my way up to the front of a show and watching fingers. I cannot even respond when I hear of people complaining about "hauling" around the systems now. My amp rig in the 80s was harder to haul around. We were WAY tougher then.

Edited once, last by Dynochrome: Corrected amp weight. ().

• Agreed kids now complain of carrying a P.A. on a stick . We carried 70 PAR cans, heavy light dimmers, Leprecon light board and 8x BGW 750 backbreaker power amps (about 85lbs ea.) that we lifted and took 4 guys to lift each rack they were in and 4 huge MCA Sub cabs with 15" speakers and a 4 way P.A The only instructional videos I had were pushing my way up to the front of a show and watching fingers. I cannot even respond when I hear of people complaining about "hauling" around the systems now. My amp rig in the 80s was harder to haul around. We were WAY tougher then.

You cant fit into "skinny" jeans when you bulk up so much carrying man sized equipment :P

• Agreed kids now complain of carrying a P.A. on a stick . We carried 70 PAR cans, heavy light dimmers, Leprecon light board and 8x BGW 750 backbreaker power amps (about 85lbs ea.) that we lifted and took 4 guys to lift each rack they were in and 4 huge MCA Sub cabs with 15" speakers and a 4 way P.A The only instructional videos I had were pushing my way up to the front of a show and watching fingers. I cannot even respond when I hear of people complaining about "hauling" around the systems now. My amp rig in the 80s was harder to haul around. We were WAY tougher then.

I remember renting a PA, with a rack heavy enough to make 4 college-age guys sweat bullets taking it down a set of stairs. This was 30-odd years ago. Envision a tall min-fridge. Then imagine it filled it with cement. My back hurts thinking about it.

Of course, boys being boys......one of us grunts and farts *loudly* during the effort. Everyone looked up, smirked at each other and...... Hurried. Up. (No...it wasn't me....bass player named Mike....go figure.)

Laughter increased exponentially with each step, and we barely made it down before completely losing it.

True story and good times.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You cant fit into "skinny" jeans when you bulk up so much carrying man sized equipment :P

We can and did. I wore spandex and fit into 27" jeans. (I recall) We were on the road and ate TV dinners cooked from a microwave we kept in the bus (after wringing the cooler water out of them). Nobody was overweight.