More compressor options

• The compressor in the Kemper is good, but I would like to see a couple of options with the standard features- attack, release, ratio, threshold etc. Most of the other modellers have at least two options of not more!

• The manual does a good job of explaining what each parameter does.

I wouldn’t mind additional compressor-type options either.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Oh man I love the compressor on the Kemper it sounds great but you are correct when it comes to the labeling I find it confusing compared to what I'm used to. Level, tone, attack, sustain. Boss CS-3

But it still does everything I need it to do and I find it very dynamic.

Its making me lazy because I have better compressors and reverbs but I just never use them anymore, everything is just a click away with the Kemper and so much easier to use specially when reamping. My whole rack only gets used when I'm doing vocals and I'm working on using the Kemper for that too specially when I can profile very expensive mic preamps. I started using the Neve preamps from the acoustic guitar rigs for vocals there are a few of them available in rig exchange but I'm not getting a better sound than I do on my interface. I think I need to profile the sweet spot for my vocals. A lot of experimenting going on to save space in my humble abode.

• Leave the squash control at 0 if you want a standard compressor. It is more like a shape of the compression, either more or less in the immediate decay. The other controls speak for themselves.

It has always been fine for me, but maybe that's just because it suits what I wanted in the first place.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Oh man I love the compressor on the Kemper it sounds great but you are correct when it comes to the labeling I find it confusing compared to what I'm used to. Level, tone, attack, sustain. Boss CS-3

But it still does everything I need it to do and I find it very dynamic.

Its making me lazy because I have better compressors and reverbs but I just never use them anymore, everything is just a click away with the Kemper and so much easier to use specially when reamping. My whole rack only gets used when I'm doing vocals and I'm working on using the Kemper for that too specially when I can profile very expensive mic preamps. I started using the Neve preamps from the acoustic guitar rigs for vocals there are a few of them available in rig exchange but I'm not getting a better sound than I do on my interface. I think I need to profile the sweet spot for my vocals. A lot of experimenting going on to save space in my humble abode.

Let us know how you get on, that’s interesting.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• The Kemper compressor is apparently based on the Ross/MXR pedals. I have an MXR and absolutely hate the bloody thing. I also have a Cali76 which is amazing. I would love to see the Kemper compressor getting a full overhaul similar to the Kemper Drive etc.

I really like my Wampler Ego compressor. But The normal names for the compressor controls would be nice. I use it, I tweak to my liking, but I don't really understand it and I've seen so many contradicting explanations, and they all describe the existing controls as what they are representative of, "attack, release, ratio, threshold" So let's just use those names. No one would be confused by those, but it seems everyone is by the current names.

• The normal names for the compressor controls would be nice. I use it, I tweak to my liking, but I don't really understand it and I've seen so many contradicting explanations, and they all describe the existing controls as what they are representative of, "attack, release, ratio, threshold" So let's just use those names. No one would be confused by those, but it seems everyone is by the current names.

Agree.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.