wireless

• When you get down to dirt-cheap wireless, the word ‘crapshoot’ comes to mind. It’s the same price as a decent cable, y’know?

A suggestion would be looking at the models with a significant number of Amazon reviews. Specifically the distribution of 4 and 5 stars vs the rest.

For 40 bucks, 3,300+ reviews and a name I’m at least familiar with, these don’t seem like a bad choice. 87% of the reviews are 4 or 5, with a limited number of 1 stars.

That’s by no means scientific or foolproof, but for 40 bucks? They can suck and still be ‘good enough’.

JOYO 2.4GHz Wireless Guitar System 4 Channels Rechargeable Audio Wireless Transmitter Receiver for Guitar Bass Electric Instruments (JW-03) https://a.co/d/2xYHVtq

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Without starting a new thread, does anyone have a recommendation for cheap wireless? My xVive are dying and I need something for use in the house. They won’t be gigging

Make sure you check out the latency, that's where some corners can get cut that you won't want. Even with a perfect connection without droputs that cloud will still be hovering.

• Make sure you check out the latency, that's where some corners can get cut that you won't want. Even with a perfect connection without droputs that cloud will still be hovering.

I suspect ( but I don't know) for indoors and what the OP needs it for, its unlikely to be an issue

• If you have anything with active pickups, read the fine print. A lot of these cheaper models won't play nice with active setups.

• Yes man, I’m thinking cheap as chips as they’ll only be used next to the KPA. Thanks though, I was thinking of

LEKATO 5.8Ghz Guitar Wireless

I bought them a few weeks ago. They are ok, but it changes the audio signal a little bit.

Oh and by the way. The are 17%off at amazon right now (+10%coupon) so i would give it a try.

Has anyone tried the Shure BLX14? Is it any good?

• Has anyone tried the Shure BLX14? Is it any good?

A singer I worked with had the mic version of this. Analog signal.

We were outdoors, clear line of sight and no more than 15 feet away.

It absolutely *sucked*.

• Without starting a new thread, does anyone have a recommendation for cheap wireless? My xVive are dying and I need something for use in the house. They won’t be gigging

See my post earlier in the thread. There’s a good review of five inexpensive wireless systems. I have used the ammoons 5.8 ghz for a couple of years and as long as you don’t get more than 20 feet away I’ve never had a problem with latency drop outs or Audio quality issues

• Maybe they spent almost every dime they saved all summer to buy a Kemper and didn't have a lot leftover. Not everyone is made of money.

If that were the case for me, I would use a cable until I could afford a good unit. Honestly, after all of my years of using wireless units, I am starting to go back to cables. I have invested in a couple of high end cables and really like the response the are giving me. I think I got both cables for around $150.

• My line 6 gave out on me and I got some xvives that had dropouts. after watching this video I got 2 pairs of 40.00 Ammon. Done a|b tests with a cable and it’s good enough for me. YMMV

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That video deserves a repost. I will be looking into one of them.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• 2 cables for $150? We already have an active snake oil thread... ;)

They are PRS cables made by Van Damme Cables. They are a low capacitance cable. I bought an 18' and a 25'. They are on sale through the end of the year. I can honestly hear and feel a difference.

• That video deserves a repost. I will be looking into one of them.

Here is his latest video on it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In a blind test?

If this was meant for me, absolutely. The reaction to volume knob changes alone and the high end response are very noticeable.