Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• That's the Stage

I know this unit ; got already one ;)  ^^

The form factor doesn't automatically means you can't have it all.... What does "all" mean after all ?

I know a lot of competitors with 8 Fxs blocks and amp/cab sims.

I've already switched from a multi-FX 32 FXs blocks to a Stage, and i regret nothing at all. I love my Stage :love:

Here, i'm sure we are not able to move Fxs and this could become a problem quickly... A high-gain amp with a noise gate & a comp pre-amp, it's finished.... :rolleyes: ?(

Even if Kemper purposes to keep the same amount of FXs, there are SO many other loosing stuffs/compromises that still justifies the price gap....

Having a so small form factor to have to buy another multi-FX to add 2-4 FXs, is how to say it :/ , a little weird :rolleyes:

I have the impression to be a spoiled child who complains....

But I just see the list of abandoned functionnalities ;

- No display ; why not, i will built my presets before and will learn how i've organised my presets/rigs to jump from one to another

- Three switches , will have to see if the ergonomic is good for me ?!

- A lot of FXs lost : i'll change my chrystal delay for another one...

- NO looper ; I use it a lot at home, i think there will be a streaming bluetooth mode instead but this is something i don't do....

- Number of inputs/outputs ; it's close to my needs except maybe for the pedals.

- No morph ; i'll try to live without it ;(

- 10 performances / 5 rigs ; i will have to rationalize my banks but it'll be possible

The number of concessions starts becoming important....

• I'm not understanding the no stereo out complaint.

There's clearly a stereo out. If you want xlr, couldn't you just buy a TRS to XLR adapter?

Well, it looks like the Monitor Outputs are not TRS but TS. But you can solve it with 2 DI boxes.

Everywhere I play they have DI boxes available.

In case I'm wrong and the MO are TRS, please tell me. It would be very good news for me.

• I think the Player is a very good idea, as everything they do.

About the screen. No problem. I used to use the cheapest windows tablet I found to run Rig Manager. And now I don't need it with my android phone, and wireless, so no problems here.

Anyway I'd love stereo XLR outputs.

But the thing I'd like the most is the morphing in every footswitch.

Is it for you? The answer is easy.

I sold my Stage because it was too big for travelling with it (a lot of airplanes with my band).

The player is going to be great for me, I guess. Almost just what I wanted.

I wonder if it'll have morphing in future updates, but, anyway, I think I'll get one.

• I've been also long time powered head and then Kemper stage user. I was really waiting for smaller version of stage. Already, tried Fractal FM3, Quad Cortex lately Fender. However, they were never realistic and organic as Kemper's cleans. And QC had a lot problems according to the users in internet even it has the best layout and size in my opinion. I believe Kemper Player is kind of stombox logic. For people who use more analog pedals. Like most of users have already mentioned; no display, no morphing, I/O... i don't think i will change my stage with kemper player. I still believe that will come next (maybe) another smaller unit kind of Kemper Stage mini or something with display, morphing and profiling function.

• I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release a similar format pedal with the whole range of distortions and fuzz.

If...and it's a big if.....they follow any sort of trend with units like this, the HX Stomp spawned Stomp XL and the FM3 was joined by the FM9.

Who knows. Pretty cool release none the less.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• And here the Tones & Talks Episode with the new Player

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have ca. 1000 euro writeoff on my new Toaster, used Remote and BM Profiles. So the price seems reasonable. OTOH competitors in the price range like Line6 and Boss all have a screen. I don't play live anymore, if i was i would consider it. I wonder how to transfer your presets including FX from the Profiler to the Player which has only 4 FX slots?

• This ist what the manual says:

The Stack, with its Amplifier and Cabinet modules, is fully compatible, and all types of PROFILEs can be used. The effects in modules A, B, DLY and REV are migrated, if the effect types are available in the Player. Otherwise, modules are set to “Empty”. Exception: Natural Reverb gets replaced by Easy Reverb.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• This ist what the manual says:

The Stack, with its Amplifier and Cabinet modules, is fully compatible, and all types of PROFILEs can be used. The effects in modules A, B, DLY and REV are migrated, if the effect types are available in the Player. Otherwise, modules are set to “Empty”. Exception: Natural Reverb gets replaced by Easy Reverb.

I think that's a really innovative and convenient idea, converting the natural reverb to easy reverb; I bet it gets you in the ballpark of what you had set in Natural. I use the Natural quite a bit on my Stage. Most of the time though, i think the settings I'm using that aren't all that intense and could be approximated with the Easy. There's certainly no lack of quality in the Easy algorithm.

• I was so excited (been using my KPA since early 2013) but then realised no morph :( that’s a deal breaker for me as I reckon that’s one of the best functions

get a midi footswitch and jump through rigs. no need for morph, unless you do a slow or controlled morph. which can also be don with exp pedals sending cc#. say a, tech 21 midi mongoose or a morningstar.

Yes, I do believe that the KPA cured my GAS.