PLAYER - what were they thinking?

• Well, as it can't do performances as well...you are right. You don't need a display as you only have 3 sounds at your disposal. So no real need to see if you are on the right sound.

• I haven't been able to absorb all the news & specs, but one question: are you able to load your own, personally captured profiles?

Absolutely to my understanding.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Totally agree on this! If this was out when I got my Kemper a few years back it would have been all I needed!

• Well, as it can't do performances as well...you are right. You don't need a display as you only have 3 sounds at your disposal. So no real need to see if you are on the right sound.

What? This is not a replacement for your toaster, rack or stage, it has its own paradigm, clearly from your posts it’s not the product that you hoped for, same here but hey it’s not all about us.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I have only one criticism: what took you so long? It's perfect, thank you very much. Can't wait to buy two.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Kudos to Kemper for this new box.

You nailed it again!

My two cents:

- perfect Kemper stage backup is... a second stage.

BTW, in case of a total wrek with my beloved Kemper stage, I can borrow a real tube amp and I still know what to do with it.

- IMHO, anyone who can afford the PLAYER unit AND is mad about stompboxes, has already some sort of stomp-switcher device in his (her) pedalboard. AFAICT, the very few I know do.

• 100% agree. You want an all-in-one solution? Get one of the existing Profilers. You want to use your pedals? Get the Player. Very easy, I don't get all the whining....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• you can load any of the available rigs including the ones you created yourself.

Hey Kemper Support #1, I'm guessing from the Player user guide on downloads that there is no Morph. Can you verify whether that's true. And if not, is that something that might be possible in an update?

I don't mind the limited effects, but I'd really miss morph assigned to a switch or pedal.

• My two cents:

- perfect Kemper stage backup is... a second stage.

Perfect for having exactly the same but not perfect if you also have to carry it.
    I am using a stage or the rack head depending on the gigs and I plan to use the Player as a simpler backup that can safe a gig if needed. Also if I play somewhere where I don't need all my sounds. With liquid profiling I can have pretty much have 10 amps with me that I can adjust almost like the original amp directly on the Player.
    Now I just want a 1U rack version with all the options of the current rack version plus whatever Kemper comes up with where I didn't knew I needed it :)

• No morph, correct.

I have a question which the manual does not answer. Will it be possible to decouple the XLR out volume from the master volume knob in the same way like the other Kemper units? Connecting the XLR out to the FOH and the other outputs to stage monitors, i would like to keep the FOH volume constant while changing stage volume with the master volume knob.

Thx for your answer

• I have a question which the manual does not answer. Will it be possible to decouple the XLR out volume from the master volume knob in the same way like the other Kemper units? Connecting the XLR out to the FOH and the other outputs to stage monitors, i would like to keep the FOH volume constant while changing stage volume with the master volume knob.

Thx for your answer

From the manual:

Output Volumes and Output Volume Links

Within the Output Section you can find individual volumes for different physical outputs.

With the "Output Linked” soft buttons, you can link, or unlink, the respective volume to the MASTER VOLUME knob.

Any linked volumes will be controlled by the MASTER VOLUME knob, without having to enter the Output Section

again. You can link more than one volume to Master Volume. An obvious live application is to unlink the Main Output

connected to the main mixing desk of the venue – this means you can now change the volume of your monitor

signal, or headphones, while the all-important main signal remains unchanged.

• Same here, most of my sounds use less than 4 effects, so I'm good here. But lack of morphing is a real bummer for me - I use it a lot and would love to be able prepare a simple preset on Stage / Head with morphing but take Player to a gig - looks like it is not possible at the moment. I hope this can be addressed in future firmware update.

Yeah, appears to be no morphing from what I see. Super Bummer.