Profiler Player - Which power supply for a pedal board

• let me know if this ends up working! Currently have the SOL powering our wee IEM box only now (the player replaced my Darkglass Adam).

dwo_100 I have the CIOKS DC7, not the SOL. My DC7 with CRUX adapter is reliably powering the Player, along with an Access Virus TI2 synth, Hapax Squarp sequencer, Bome Box MIDI processor and a BeatBuddy drum pedal.

CIOKS gear is just incredible.

• I would be cautious swapping out the stock power supply with anything other than the recommended specs from a warranty perspective.

The stock power supply seems quite cheap for this level of product if you use it with nothing else but headphone connected you ear hum and buzz which disappear if you connect an usb cable or something to the outs even if turned off. I've mixed feelings about this issue

• The stock power supply seems quite cheap for this level of product if you use it with nothing else but headphone connected you ear hum and buzz which disappear if you connect an usb cable or something to the outs even if turned off. I've mixed feelings about this issue

Sir, as you said, I did the test. Luckily didn't run into this problem and everything works fine

• this thing does not even stay powered on by 12v 1000 ma . turned on then power cycle

Funny you say this-- I thought you were joking initially, but my unit will not stay powered on with the included power supply? Any ideas if I might be missing something easy? It powers up for about 3-4 seconds, and then turns off? I only have power, headphones, and guitar cable plugged in.

• Funny you say this-- I thought you were joking initially, but my unit will not stay powered on with the included power supply? Any ideas if I might be missing something easy? It powers up for about 3-4 seconds, and then turns off? I only have power, headphones, and guitar cable plugged in.

I'm slightly confused. You're saying that your Player doesn't start up with the original power supply (which I think is 24W, like in 12V*2A)?

Because if it doesn't, then there is something wrong with either the supply or the Player.

If you are using a 12W-supply (like 12V*1A), then you are below what Kemper are recommending.

• Funny you say this-- I thought you were joking initially, but my unit will not stay powered on with the included power supply? Any ideas if I might be missing something easy? It powers up for about 3-4 seconds, and then turns off? I only have power, headphones, and guitar cable plugged in.

With the og power supply it works fine for me . I was referring to other modules that normally is said to supply 1 amp at 12v

• tsachou that makes sense. 12v 1A is too little. Most like 12v 1.7A would work.

As my large Thomann order (I’m building another rack for my home studio, 68 parts of which arrived from Germany) I can now report that this unit reliably powers the Profiler Player:

Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-Adapter 12
    Replacement Mains Adapter For Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-12 Pro & I, Input: AC 100-240 V 50/60 Hz, Output DC: 12 Volt / 3 Ampere, Output connection: 5.5 /…
    www.thomannmusic.com

• Just measured it today. Max I saw was 820ma during boot. Pic below
    When just playing it was aprox 600ma.

I could imagine, that demand goes up if you turn on complex effects or other stuff like Kone imprints, because the DSP/CPU gets more things to do. May i ask if you have you tested that?

• For those interested in the battery powered option.

Based on the KPP specs you need 9 or 12 volts and 24 watts, center negative. That's

Power / Voltage = Current

24 W / 9 V = 2,67 A

24 W / 12V = 2 A

12V Ripcord won't work because they only provide max 1A

Birdcord PD>12V will work since it provides up to 3A but be careful IT'S CENTER POSITIVE, you need to buy this adapter to reverse the polarity. Also the barrel is not exactly the 2.1mm required size it's 2.5mm inside, it might work but you can get this adapter to make sure is making good contact

You can also use the Birdcord PD>9V it accepts up to 3A so it should be fine with the 2.67A required when using 9V. This one is center negative, no need to reverse the polarity but you would still need the small adapter to convert from 2.5mm to 2.1 mm inside the barrel.

When it comes to the power bank, make sure it can deliver up to 3A through the USB port.

Spoiler alert: if you don't use enough current to power your device, 2A or 2,67A depending on the voltage, you can fry it. The specs provided by manufacturers always have some security buffer, it might work with less current but then you are taking some risks.

You can always provide more current (A) that's ok, the device will use the amount it needs, but never provide less current than the recommended.

• When it comes to the power bank, make sure it can deliver up to 3A through the USB port.

The most USB A and B can deliver is 0.5A. USB C's rated max is 0.9A.

You'll never power it properly with USB.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The most USB A and B can deliver is 0.5A. USB C's rated max is 0.9A.

You'll never power it properly with USB.

Plenty of powerbanks deliver up to 3A through USB ports. I think you are referring to standard USB cables, that's why you need one of those special Birdcord cables to deliver more current.

• New user here. Does anyone know of a 9volt adapter that has an angled plug similar to a OneSpot that has the correct specs? I think the OneSpot is only 1700ma max. I’m using a Cioks Big John that has a courtesy ac adapter but the stock power supply won’t fit underneath because of the angle. Thanks!!

• Thanks for the reply. I’m looking for ones similar to the OneSpot where it plugs in at a right angle. Otherwise it’s too tall to fit under my board Thanks!

• The Birdcord PD-9V does works for me. No need for the barrel adapter neither. I use it either with a PD-Powerbank (20.000 mAh), or a PD Apple charger. BTW, I use the USB-A out from the player with the USB-A to 9V adapter, also Birdcord, to power my Shure Wireless. (9 Hours). Can't get a more portable flyrig than that.

• Update here on my side
    OneSpot CS6 using a doubler on the 500ma -booted 2 times out of 20
    Palmer PWT 6 IEC - only worked if nothing else was plugged. when I plugged the current measurer or anything on the USB of Kemper, it wouldn't boot.
    Mosky ISO 10 - worked flawlessly, even with only one of the high current outputs. See attached of 12V with a doubler show the current measure, I also connected my phone to the Kemper (that added 180ma at 12V), and plugged a Tonex, Mooer Preamp, Walrus Delay and two overdrive pedals in the Mosky ISO 10. Everything worked just fine! That Mosky power supply is only $60 and fully isolated.

That's surprising about the CS6. I would have thought it would power it without issue.

Edited once, last by pat6969 ().