From QC back to Kemper!

• Hi,

Just wanted to say hello to all!

About 2 years ago I sold my 2 sets of Kempers (Toaster, Rack and 2 x Remotes) to get Quad Cortex. After playing about 2 years with QC I decided to return to Kemper and just built my new pedalboard around Stage unit. The whole thing then fits to my hard pedalboard case. I still had the "old" setup as backup and just pushed that into Stage. It immediately sounded awesome and there was something that I never quite got with QC even that is also a stellar unit in many ways. Not to mention that there has been some great improvements while I was "away". If I list few things that I was not too happy with QC then they are:

- poor transformer, no direct mains connector and adequate grounding of the device

- not that good overdrive models (there maybe some good captures of OD's but it is a lot of work to go thru those)

- not quite the best effects in general (modulation, delays, reverbs...) I think many of these sound sort of more "airy" in Kemper

- progress to develop new and better in those 2 above has been very slow

- still slightly confusing to know what capture is what (amp, with or without speaker, pedal...)

- cloud system for buying 3rd party stuff is very clumsy and slowing this business and getting good 3rd party presets

Kemper's "performance mode" is so powerful when gigging. QC (any many other units) try that with Scenes and stomps and various hybrid modes but they can not (at least for me) do the same as performance mode is capable.

So, cheers to all! Happy playing!

Aimo

• I used a QC for a couple months a year ago. I’ll add to your list less ergonomic foot switches.

The ability of KpA to adjust gain and not need to compensate volume is a huge time saver.

• Hej AiAKpr,

your board is great - especially the towel railing! It's just as hilarious to see that on there as it is cool and functional. Will do the same! :)

• Welcome (back).

I borrowed a friend’s QC last year and was a bit underwhelmed.

I *love* the form factor and encoder/foot switch setup. The time based effects were *very* meh. The amp sounds were pretty good, but the controls are very basic.

Nice unit. Just not for me.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hej AiAKpr,

your board is great - especially the towel railing! It's just as hilarious to see that on there as it is cool and functional. Will do the same! :)

Yeah, need the rail to get it lifted from the rather tight fit flightcase AND it protects connectors a bit in a case that someone falls over the thing - has happened…