Profiler Player Sending Stereo to FOH X32

• Hello,

We normally run stereo for our kemper stages, and with my Profiler Player I want to maintain sending a stereo signal to our board (X32). However our board only takes XLR.

How do you recommend doing this? I see on the website, the monitor outputs are listed as TRS; could I simply get two 1/4” TRS to XLR cables and use that? Or should I get a DI Box and give it the monitor outputs using 1/4” TS cables even though the outputs are TRS?

Thanks!

• nwmusic32, if the cable run from your Kemper to the X32 mixer is more than 3m or 10ft, you may need a line isolator like the Walrus Canvas Stereo or Radial SB-6. The Canvas is more costly than the Radial, but the outputs are XLR Male, so a standard microphone cable will connect it to the X32. The Canvas has the added benefit of having modes for both DI (instrument level input, mic level output) and LI (line level input and output). Both the Radial and Walrus Canvas are quality products.

Your X32 does have 6 TRS jack aux inputs. Are any of these open? If so, a pair of TS-TS 1/4” (6.35mm) cables will work just fine, as long as the run isn’t too long.

Others may tell you to use a DI box. While that will work, it will dramatically reduce your signal, and you’ll have to turn up the X32 preamps. A line isolator balances a line level signal for low-noise long cable runs, without reducing signal level.

• There are no TRS outputs, the monitor outputs are not balanced.

From the manual:

Main Output: XLR balanced, output level: +4 dBu

Monitor Output: two ¼-inch TS unbalanced, output level: +4 dBu

• The next update of the manual will have the correct info. The monitor outputs deliver a balanced signal over TRS connectors.

• However our board only takes XLR.

Note that you can use the AUX sockets for channel inputs as well on the x32. So you have both 1/4" and coaxial available.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Sorry everyone, I should have clarified - we use S16 snake boxes to our X32. So, XLR is the only option for inputs right now.

I plan on using a 25 foot XLR to TRS 1/4" cable this weekend at a gig to connect direct from the player to our snake box.

I'll post on my experience!

• Sorry everyone, I should have clarified - we use S16 snake boxes to our X32. So, XLR is the only option for inputs right now.

I plan on using a 25 foot XLR to TRS 1/4" cable this weekend at a gig to connect direct from the player to our snake box.

I'll post on my experience!

Right on. Just for absolute clarification. Since you mention snake boxes it's not actually an sd16 you are using? (since those have jack sockets in the middle)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM