Headphone tip came off headphone adapter and is stuck inside kemper

• Unfortunately the tip came off my 1/4" headphone adapter and is stuck inside the kemper headphone output. I can see it but what do I have to do to get it out? Is this the kind of thing I can bring somewhere locally or do I really need to ship my kemper somewhere

• Probably the safest thing to do is take off the cover and use a small piece of wood to push it back out. Provided it's not totally enclosed on the back end.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• As Larry said taking the cover off is probably easiest and safest way. However, if this isn’t an option a few other tricks can be used.

One option is to dab a little super glue on the end of a dowel or drill bit and push this into the socket to stick to the tip and pull it out.

Another option is to drill it out with a reverse thread drill bit (screw remover).

• insert another plug and you might be able to push the broken tip through. it would fall out into the chassis assuming the back end of the jack is not restricted so power off and unplugged

don't force it, if the back end is open it shouldn't require any extra force. of course remove broken tip before using

• insert another plug and you might be able to push the broken tip through. it would fall out into the chassis assuming the back end of the jack is not restricted so power off and unplugged

don't force it, if the back end is open it shouldn't require any extra force. of course remove broken tip before using

I’d be shocked if the jack used wasn’t enclosed similar to this. Nowhere to go:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Can you see what’s left in the jack? Obviously the tip…but is it flat, or is there a lead of some sort sticking out?

A set of needle nose pliers like these might bea able to grab it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Use some epoxy putty on the tip of a small wooden or plastic round rod (e.g. a pencil or pen refill)

and push it into the socket up to the tip that is inside. Press it lightly and let it harden. then withdraw it.

You can also try toy dough first.

Be the force with you ;)