Has Kemper taken on too much?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I know we have to be patient, and respect that Kemper has to generate new income but wonder if with the recent developments and new products has overwhelmed them.

Please let me know if I’m mistaken.

In no particular order-

Speaker imprints for the Kab. @ 4 years, no new imprints as promised.

iOS Rig manager, definitely needed a better rig search experience from day 1, Rig and System menu would be nice. Released @ 3 years ago, no meaningful update.

What happened to the Kemper Store, don’t use rig manager Pc/Mac but I’ve never heard a thing since announcing.

Drivers for Kemper PC audio interface,have no horse in the race but thought this would be a priority.

I’m sure there’s a lot more, please add.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• .... no new Liquid Profile Amp Models since release in August last year ..... just sayin'

Let the flaming begin ....... :)

To be honest Ben I don’t think this is overdue as yet but the question begs on how long will it be?

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• No...perhaps, maybe...yes. I don't know.

Liquid Profiles and Imprints wouldn't be high on my priority list given what already exists. I don't recall where they've 'promised' additional imprints. All I've seen is them saying things like "we have put together an overview over the current imprints available."

Kind of like Tone Junkie saying "Weeks not months..." for the new effects announced at NAMM. Kemper never said that, but many seem to think they did and criticize as a result.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I agree on some of these.

1.) Speaker imprints seem to have been abandoned.

2.) Liquid Profiles. A lot of amps out there use Fender, Vox and Marshal based tone stacks and you can get away with using them on a lot of amps. It would however be nice to have some others that are more unique and don't quite fit the standard ones.

3.) ASIO driver. Although I would like them to take their time and get this one right, it does seem to be taking a long time. I have no idea if they are building one in-house or using thesycon, like a lot of others, but it would be nice to have something soon.

• They need to make new revenue. I have no issue with them getting the player out and dusted. It's what I would do if I were part of the management team at Kemper.

I find it difficult to complain about not getting any more new features that I haven't paid for ;).

... but to answer the thread question, I suspect they are stretched thin after the launch of the player. If it were me, I would focus on stabilizing that product as my number 1 concern. My #2 concern would be getting the firmware update out for the player that I could also charge for.

I am just spoiled (as are the rest of you) with all the free updates Kemper has provided over the years. If this were Fractal, they would already have released 2 new hardware platforms and announced the end of support for the older ones.

But even the Fractal model is better than what we used to have. I never got an update on my tube amp or any of my pedals. If I wanted new tones ...... more money ;).

I am sure (based on past company behavior) CK will continue to provide updates for the current flagship product line (Toaster, Rack, and Stage). I suspect there will be a lull in the rate of updates as CK didn't likely hire a completely new team just for the Player (that would be silly). We should all just cool our jets and relax .... and play our super cool KPA while CK gets things settled down.

After all, we all want Kemper to continue to be profitable and support our KPA's far into the future!

• Releasing any new product is going to be a roller coaster ride. Things will eventually balance out. Unless you bought a Tesla. :D :D :D

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• So, you would consider development of imprints to be active? Maybe dormant would have been a better choice of words on my part.

I’m still waiting to see where Kemper said more were coming.

• I agree that things are moving slow. But that is how it has always been, at least while I've had my KPA. Almost glacial :)

When they DO put stuff out, in my experience it is very well thought out and often exceeding the expectations of many (with room for disappointment for some, of course).

I've also thought about whether they are stretched a bit thin since liquid profiles announcement (which included 4-5 other new things). But if I had to guess, they're not MUCH more stretched thin than normal. I think they simply prefer to have a smaller development team than a large one. It certainly impact how quickly they can roll out stuff, but it probably has other benefits, like a better fit for their company culture.

I will say, however, that I don't think they ever announced a profile store, although that was how I interpreted the facelift of the rig manager re. the kemper-provided (free) packs from commercial sellers. Upon re-read I decided that they simply added a page for each of the vendors in rig manager.

• I get nervous every time something new gets added or upgraded. The toaster is the only software based hardware I have ever seen that (so far) doesn't need to be replaced every so often due to growing software and storage demands.

• Just putting it out there, who would be ok with paying for extra content, I know I would for a decent iOS editor, it’s a big deal for me with my eyesight.

• Just putting it out there, who would be ok with paying for extra content, I know I would for a decent iOS editor, it’s a big deal for me with my eyesight.

I would pay whatever to get the player to have all the effects available that exist in the toaster. Not worried about the number of slots really, but would like to have all the same effect options to choose from.

im not keen on that. as a Player owner, whatever might be behind a pay-wall would have to be some kind of crucial to me. but i bought the Player knowing that it had what i crucially needed and also spared what i could easily live without.

i'm probably one of Kemper's non-ideal user because i am quite content with the results i have gotten with truly very little work put into it by myself and how much is freely available already.

the only thing i would definitely pay for is some sort of (for lack of a better phrase) "Administrator Mode" that would fully unlock everything the other models do AND be able to seriously customize everything. from programming any parameter for any type of switch to setting individual LED colors/brightness.

that's an unlikely reality but it's an honest insight into how i feel about it all. whatever Kemper does, I only hope it won't be some type of subscription service. for the love of guitar please don't.

"No socks? No problem."

• That would definitely be very unexpected for Kemper as it would go against everything they have ever done in the past. Like you a subscription model would be a total non starter for me.

Yes definitely unexpected for Kemper of the past but things change, first and foremost I want the Kemper to flourish, if that means a different path so be it.

Having said that if I just entered the Kemperverse I might feel differently but as a very long time user I feel my expectations of free updates/features have more then satisfied my return on investment.

• A pay-for-feature concept wouldn’t bother me. Eventide’s H9 proved that model can work.

A subscription won’t happen. The technology architecture needed to make that work doesn’t exist for Kemper. It’s no small thing, either.

Their intent is to have all models (Player included) using the same KAOS.bin for updates. You can’t do that (at least not easily) if you’re going subscription based for one model.

Besides, that’s so completely out of character for Kemper it’s ridiculous.