Buying Tomorrow, need advice on amps

• I find it's always the same guys profiles, M. Weinstorers S.Mehle modded amps ( including the bassman )from Rig pack 1 & 2 are still #1 in my book.

Fastredponycars Nitro profiles.

Mats Nermaks Two rock and black goop(Dumble).

Oh and and another hand up for the Morgan AC20, Okstrats profiles are worth exploring, cant remeber the names.

I have always been interested in the commercial rigs but have yet to purchase any, not because I'm cheap, but never felt the need yet in the 10 months I have owned it.

Don't forget to tweak, i find the cab parameters a good place to start.

Enjoy. :P

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Fractus Animus,

although there are many great rigs in the Rig Exchange, as was pointed out in earlier replies, I'd recommend browsing through the factory rigs first.
    Take your time, explore the unit, enjoy yourself, before you go looking for add-on rigs.
    The Profiler's user interface is straightforward and logical and once you grasp the concept of it (for exsample: press and hold a stomp to access it, or the always popular browse vs. type knobs) it becomes second nature.

Read the manual, explore and have fun.
    IMO, the best thing you can do, is to find one rig that 'speaks' to you - for me that's the Converter Crunch for exsample - disable all effects and play this one rig for a while.
    Then adjust gain (and/or your guitar's volume), the almighty definition parameter, the EQ, power sag and compression, put a Green Scream in front and/or explore other effects/parameters.

You can't really go wrong, but I think you should know your way around the unit before diving into more than 2k of rigs.

anyway,
    enjoy! :thumbup:

• I find it's always the same guys profiles, M. Weinstorers S.Mehle modded amps ( including the bassman )from Rig pack 1 & 2 are still #1 in my book.

+1

The S. Mehl amp has that beautiful, magic vintage Greenback cab that you absolutely need for Classic Rock. Although in the meantime Andy did release some fantastic vintage Marshall cabs as well and I use those and okstrat's Marshalls (and their cabs) quite often. But I always got back to that Greenback cab from the S. Mehl and Duncan Convertible amps. The blackback from the Siggi Mehl 50 amp from Rig Pack 2 is worth mentioning as well.

• I have a bunch of JTM30 Profiles by "ZAP" that are awesome,..is the one you're talking about by "ZAP"?

Yes, it is a ZAP profile! (On my amp it's named "MAR JTM30 Clean", but that's per Maurizio's naming convention - I restored from his backup a couple of months ago.) Absolutely gorgeous clean. It's one of the (many) profiles that doesn't respond very convincingly to the gain knob, but you can get a little heat on it by juicing the volume on the compressor effect in slot A.

• When you will have axcess on the Private Forum take a look on my last thread

FREE RIGs and PRESETs collection of Maurizio70 (Electric, Bass and Acoustic Amps) [January 2013, KPA Release 1.6]

You can download a collection of AMP RIGS perfect to start with the KPA (500 profiles including 65Amp, Blackstar, Bogner, Carvin, Ceriatone, Cornford, Diezel, Divided13, Dumble and Dumble Clone, Egnater, Engl, EVH, Fender, Fuchs, H&K, Hiwatt, Laney, Marshall, Matchless, Mesa, the “famous” Morgan Ac20 , Orange, Peavey, Roland, S.Mehl, Soldano, TwoRock, Vox, etc etc). They were selected in one year… from the Forum, from the Factory Packs
    1-2-3-4, Free And44 ones, TonyMcKenzie site, The Amp Factory free pack, etc etc…

Moreover you will check my Presets archives...

Have great times with KPA, but remember that, like every great thing, it needs to be enjoyed and discovered with the right time ;)

Maurizio