Muse new album kemper??

• I'm a massive Muse fan and here is the new song produced by them and my favourite producer Mutt Lange.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now we know they used 11 kemper for the live in Rome DVD I wonder if any kempers were used on this album. I know Mutt Lange is very particular producing.

What do you guys reckon ?

• As you know, "Mutt" is South African.

I've discussed the Kemper with Mutt's brother Bill more than a few times and I know Bill mentioned it to Mutt....Bill is a boutique tube amp builder here in Johannesburg.
    So Mutt knows about the Kemper but whether he used it or owns one on the Muse album is another story.

I've also discussed the Kemper with Trevor Rabin's son Ryan, Ryan is the drummer in US band Grouplove.
    Ryan laughed, he said his guitarist has one and it's incredible, he gave me Trevors private e mail address.
    Before I e mailed Trevor I asked Kemper (twice) whether they're prepared to send Trevor a Kemper as an endorsement...I didn't want to e mail Trevor, offer him one and then have to land up paying for it myself. :)

Let's put it this way, I haven't had to e mail Trevor so I guess that tells you that Kemper don't endorse 'artists', you want you pay. :)

• If Mutt is using a Kemper that would be awesome. He has produced a lot of my favourite albums. Endorsements always kind of bothered me because it came down to who pays the artist the most as to what they pay. I remember hearing rumours that Ritchie Sambora once was endorsed by fender with fender amps on stage but he was actually plugged into a marshall back stage. if your product is good people will want to use it anyway even if they have to pay. Maybe Muse will release a studio diary of the album and we might see a Kemper or 2 being used ;)

• Great commentary in the song too. If we could just have more jobs for the youth, less would be inclined to become brainwashed by the war machines.
    Although sadly there are many that are already psychos and they are drawn to it and don't need to be brainwashed.

• Are you frickin kidding?
    THEN DO NOT POST A SONG THAT IS POLITICAL SUCH AS THIS!
    Or a band that is as political as they are. This is an in your face political song. I was actually listening to all of it not just bits and pieces.

My intention was not to start anything political. I commented on a song YOU posted for all to see. Not me.

Ok so lay down the rules for your thread next time. Make sure you make it clear that you you can't comment on vocals or content of a video you are posting.
    Oh I am sorry, I now see after rereading, you just wanted people to guess if they used a Kemper. Seriously?

• Heard the track the other and I love it. Tones are awesome and the production is knockout, it's like a really dry, close sound, really looking forward to the album now.

RE: the kemper, all the studio pics I've seen have shown amps such as Plexi's but I'd imagine that they'll have captured the tones for the tour at the very least!

• Erm, @Raoul23 is the OP, not @drbill.

• Yes but Raiul23 did like drbill's post. The mistake you made intrutheout is that the forum is not really for any sort of real opinion. Limit yourself to "Hello I just bought a Kemper", "Should I buy a Kemper?", "Sweet this artist just bought a Kemper" and "Guess with me if this artist used a Kemper". Best to avoid anything about Axe (unless it is how to connect it to a Kemper or to say you had one but sold it) or any opinion on anything but how great the Kemper is. Politics is a no no even if the artist may have used a Kemper. It is worth dropping by for some technical questions but mostly the advice is to contact support. Anything by Don Peterson and PaulTS are worth a quick look. I dropped out for several months and decided to take a look and found one guy chewing out someone for trying to help and drbill's post to you. Going to checkout for a few more months ... This post goes against what I just said which is why you should avoid this sort of thing!

• I loved Muse's stuff up till the last album which (personally) I wasn't keen on. I am sure Matt Bellamy is kept awake at night by his fall from my favour ;)

This was more like it but I have to say that after the first bar, I thought it was going to be a Fuzz Factory version of Depeche Mode's rather excellent 'Personal Jesus'. Or was that just my imagination?

• First I love Muse. The sound is super dry, but it's good that they're back with guitars. I guess I'm just not feeling this piece though, it sounds like a caricature of Muse, all the tropes in one place. Maybe that's the point, to be the dryly ironic corporock version.

With regards the politics debate, well avoiding politics on a site containing a multicultural collective is just common sense. The purpose of this site is to be support for Kemper owners, musicians, not to go out and pick fights. And if you don't think you're picking a fight when you talk politics then you don't know much about politics. Music is an artform and sometimes music is politics, but don't confuse that with the idea that politics is music, it isn't. There are better forums for discussing that stuff and there's no need to be insular to this forum to the extent that you must live your whole online life here :)

If you have an urge to get political then I really recommend doing so with your music, that's what it's there for. Of course there is no better way to halve your demographic and strengthen the short term conviction of your remaining fans but on the flipside it's also the genesis of many of the greatest pieces of modern music.

In my own opinion music forums are best used to network, discuss and learn the technical aspects of the process, everyone knows that everyone else has opinions but there's no need to be a baboon and actually flaunt them. There's plenty of other stuff to talk about and build connections and find common ground on.

• The new single an the outro riff they've been playing since Absolution came out on the back of one of thier drop-d songs.

Was a big Muse fan until the last album, hopefully this is a return to a previous style :)

• OK so weather kempers were used or not what amps do you think they used on this tune. I've heard they are big Vox and Diezel fans and maybe Mutt influenced them on a different selection? It will be interesting to see if they are using the kempers on the short little tour they are doing and if they are did they profile the amps that were used on the new album

• Erm, @Raoul23 is the OP, not @drbill.[/quote]

Yes, as the poster after me said, it was the "like" that I caught but my post was actually intended to be a bit more generalized for the "all in favor" group.

Erm? Quite a unique and clever term. Did you think of it yourself?
    Like you caught me making a big mistake. I knew exactly how I was directing it.

I have about had enough of you Kemper cheerleaders.
    I will not call anybody out in particular because everybody and anybody who reads these forums know who you are.

Dont worry about me ruining your precious Kemper cheerleading threads any more.

I will definitely avoid any of your threads. As a matter of fact, my posts will become extremely rare if at all any more.
    There you go, the bad man is gone. You can continue waving your pom poms.

What an artificial life some of you live spending all of your time on here cheerleading the Kemper products.

• In defence of Intrutheout, I wouldn't necessarily call his post politics, but a statement or observation of society in what I assume is the USA. Pretty harmless, really.

As for Muse, I find it a bit strange that a band from the UK writes a song that is obviously categorising the US army. I wonder what kind of experience they have, if any, or if it's just another second-hand cliché, the first-hand obviously being Hollywood movies...
    Love his voice, not so keen on the direction.

Cheers,
    Sam