Disezel VH4 Profiles [Sin's pack Updated]

• Guys i am starting a "highlights of commercial profiles" thread soon, just to give back to this GREAT community and to do some thing useful for you guys. Since i have probably the largest collection from here so far, (worth more than my kemper and remote) i feel its my duty to support you guys and the vendors.

I just wanted to give some feedback on the VH4 stuff i have mean time since every one has been messaging me :D

I have been running a 9 string, Strat ,LP + NEW Loomis 7 string (black outs) through them.
    ill do my best to describe with out the soundcloud (i still need to get a good recording set up sorry for that)

First : Michael Britt VH4

Its been great for country/Blues/ cleans/classic Rock and clean leads, SC/HB
    The CH3 N3 profile has a great amount of dirt to make it not heavy but shine on SC/HB's

Second : Kosten (Free ones) VH4 + Pay pack (updated)

Has been absolutely great for thrashy and heavy metal , especially on the LP/HB's
    Have tested his pay VH4 pack and there is a WIDE range of heavy metal tones (old school to modern)
    with both Mesa cabs, great for active and HB's. If you like the free stuff this is essential

Third: Lasse Lammert

Quiet a versatile profile for heavy riffage, its will give your Strat BALLs, did okay on the 9 string (passive pickups)
    I did find similar tones from Deadlight studio's pack tho SC/HB's. I would of liked more crunch and clean profiles for the price
    But to Lasses credit , he did say he was going to release some crunch ones free in due time. I dont mind paying the price for the
    one profile since he has released quality free stuff, i felt it was a way to say thank you.
    He obviously has a talent, but i feel could do greater packs matching the standard of range thats in the other VH4 packs here
    just a suggestion, no hate or bitterness.

Forth: Tonehammar

For heavy players , ITS WINNING SO FAR, the Mesa , Hesu cabs and range they have done cant be ignored
    the cleans make for great diversity and the crunches sounds for SC/HB's are all usable. Its a different flavor to Michael Britts, (the clean and crunch stuff)
    but it has all the range you need and there are plenty of worth while tones
    for SC/HB's

Fifth : Andy from the Amp Factory

I would not say it has stood out better than Michael Britts diversity and Tonhamars there, but for SC/HB's it still has a worth while color
    thats usable. Andy still has managed to do some thing different.

Sixth - Guido's VH4

this really does complete the set for "in between" the styles of heavy rock and some PERFECT cleans
    LEADS are perfect. I would not say the VH4 set is complete with out Guido's outstanding for SC/HB's

7th - Sound side VH4 pack

120 profiles from clean to crunch (very effective using HB's for crunch)
    This pack is certainly one of the largest VH4 packs, there are certainly usable cleans and crunches for HB's
    Will ;post the Strat stuff when done. He has some specific GEM"s in there like Dumble rock (a VH4 profile)
    Verdict MOSTLY ALL USABLE

Sinmix Diezel VH4 pack

First of all the low gain and Strat uses are going to be pleased with this pack.
    Try DL 35 for Stat and single coils, he has done an EXCEPTIONAL job on the LOW gain stuff.
    Every thing from mild rock to some great cleans, very clear tone. great Indie rock stuff man.
    The Marshal cabs are GREAT for that.

I was even playing 99 red balloons (ska version) LOL
    Harry was playing Zz tops foxy lady ..its got some RANGE this baby..

Humbuckers clean up well with the low gain pack its very
    usable, he has done an extra effort with this pack compared to all his other stuff (still great )
    Humbuckers are equally as good for the high gain stuff, VERY usable
    Try DF 10, they range from hard rock to balls to to the wall metal.
    Guys there are some blue rock, to cleans to light alternative rock and very heavy with this pack.
    single and HB's. He has captured the channels well IMO, there is some thing for EVERY ONE HERE.

Its an amazing pack guys, i would say for the price this has he most DIVERSITY OF SOUNDS.
    I still stand by the others reviews and say that your not wasting your money getting them.

But this pack is very usable and i would be surprised if your not a metal player
    and are not satisfied with this. Metal it us up there and as great as Tonehammars
    The cab range is what makes this pack so DIVERSE

Okay, i did my best to be fair, i wish i could upload some sounds to show you , will try to get them up when i can ,
    feel free to post your VH4 stuff, ill add more in due course. Hope its helped some out there :)

Much support
    Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 6 times, last by ashtweth ().

• You guys deserve it! :) I hope Sinn does one soon, no doubt that will be up there with Tonehammars

A beer hails for Tonehammar!
    "Prost!"!!! :thumbup:

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Here is one to add to the VH4 discussion. These guys are often overlooked but for metal they are absolutely great.

Not thrilled about the song or mix but it gives you an idea:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks guys, i am buying the Kosen pack now to review, i really want to make some sounds for you guys bare with me. null

@Sharry thanks man i should of posted the links, looks like Mr Britt does not have a list to what amps are used in the packs on some pages? :/
    unless i am blind? (i could be blind, AND stupid...and the beer is not good) the Diezel Vh4 looks like it was out of profile pack 2, the file name i have in the RAR file is MBritt-KPP2.

lonestargtr Hi Michael can you tell us if it is the profile pack 2?

Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Here is one to add to the VH4 discussion. These guys are often overlooked but for metal they are absolutely great.

You are right - it's also an interessant player in the VH4 competition.
    For € 7,99 worth for a try.
    For me I found more fitting Rigs with no or lower gain in Guidos and Tonehammers pack. A interesting playing field is to use Guidos rigs and Tonehammers cabs.

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Great idea and well done.

I think that the one thing that's in everyone's control and changes everything though is the guitar used...

I think a site that has different sounds reviewed with 5 or 6 guitars would be very useful...or even stating what guitar,pickup, pup position etc... would be of great benefit

• Thanks guys its important we get the pick up selection and guitar, i have found in all of the vendors video's/soundcloud this is the ONLY way to get the sound your trying too. Choptones does it for a Strat for example, and every time its accurate ;)

Thanks Monkey /all, :) did not know why that @ thingy did not work.
    Guido / Vireff thank you for your GREAT work! it does not disappoint!

@Vihreff Have tested the pay VH4 pack and there is a WIDE range of heavy metal tones (old school to modern)
    with both Mesa cabs, great for active and HB's. If you like the free stuff this is essential! I added to the original post brother.
    well done!.

sincerley
    Ash

• Great thread - subscribed!

Thanks guys its important we get the pick up selection and guitar, i have found in all of the vendors video's/soundcloud this is the ONLY way to get the sound your trying too.

So true. This recently became very obvious to me with @lonestargtr 's profiles (I have bought many of Michael's packs) when I actually tried them with P90 pickups, which Mike uses I lot I believe. The clips are very accurate - this obviously applies to the VH4 profiles from pack 2.

Thanks for the review @ashtweth!

• Thanks guys, i am buying the Kosen pack now to review, i really want to make some sounds for you guys bare with me. null@Sharry thanks man i should of posted the links, looks like Mr Britt does not have a list to what amps are used in the packs on some pages? unless i am blind? (i could be blind, AND stupid...and the beer is not good) the Diezel Vh4 looks like it was out of profile pack 2, the file name i have in the RAR file is MBritt-KPP2.

lonestargtr Hi Michael can you tell us if it is the profile pack 2?Ash

Hi guys, Sorry I just found this post. Yes, the Diezel VH4 I profiled a while back is in Pack 2. There is a hidden link on my web site that has a .pdf with amp names on it. If you click on "Profiles" on the top menu bar and then scroll to the bottom of the text box on the center right, you'll find a :) on the bottom left. That's a link to the amp names info sheet. I can't really make it too public because I'm trying to make sure I don't infringe upon any companies' trademarks.