What would be your killer feature for a Kemper 2 ?

• All you just wrote makes perfect sense :thumbup:

• I agree that the USB audio feature isn’t much use for recording as I have a decent MOTU interface with multiple ins and outs. However, there are two areas where it is killer. One is on the go quick ideas with a laptop or iPad without the need to have another interface with you. The other (much more interesting to me personally) is the ability to run Roxsyn and Midi Guitar 2 on my iPad with the Kemper. Imcan aslso see live uses for guys who trigger the odd sample or intro music from a laptop or iPad live.

That’s where I have found a great use for USB audio. I can easily plug an iPhone, or iPad into the kemper and immediately have all the great audio programs that are available for that platform like midi get 2 and Roxsyn as well as the free TONEX plug-in. I use a cheap $20 Pedal to control the balance between the two units and I can easily achieve dual amp set ups, and all kinds of crazy effects. Awesome for live use!

• 1) Dual (stereo) paths like Helix and Fractal, for powerful dual amp and ambient effects.
    2) Improved profiling (the hw should be capable of doing this based on what CK has said several times). Kemper is amazing but is marginally bettered in terms of accuracy now by Quad Cortex.
    3) Synth emulation w/ midi (this would be absolutely stellar, and put the Kemper in a field almost entirely on it's own imo)
    4) Functionality and usability improvements for writing/creating, possibly via the software UI, so that looping and DAW integration is more seamless.
    5) Better "one-click" scene type editing and switching (again a la Helix and Fractal). Instead of saving custom versions of profiles and adding them to performances, introduce the concept of profile "scenes" (or whatever you want to call them), and allow them to be switched seamlessly whilst remaining within the same profile in a performance.

• 1) Dual (stereo) paths like Helix and Fractal, for powerful dual amp and ambient effects.
    2) Improved profiling (the hw should be capable of doing this based on what CK has said several times). Kemper is amazing but is marginally bettered in terms of accuracy now by Quad Cortex.
    3) Synth emulation w/ midi (this would be absolutely stellar, and put the Kemper in a field almost entirely on it's own imo)
    4) Functionality and usability improvements for writing/creating, possibly via the software UI, so that looping and DAW integration is more seamless.
    5) Better "one-click" scene type editing and switching (again a la Helix and Fractal). Instead of saving custom versions of profiles and adding them to performances, introduce the concept of profile "scenes" (or whatever you want to call them), and allow them to be switched seamlessly whilst remaining within the same profile in a performance.

I presume you’ve seen the morph feature?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I presume you’ve seen the morph feature?

Yeah, and morphing has it's own use case, which is really cool because you can blend etc. The fact that morphing already exists made me think why not extend it to work in the same way that other modelers do it, so that you can switch between multiple settings "scenes" using the footswitch or whatever. This is more of a user interface change than a core functionality change, really.

• I presume you’ve seen the morph feature?

You mean something like this?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You mean something like this?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That’s awfully bice 😀

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Being able to run two independent signals that either share the STACK section of being able to have TWO Stack Sections and being able to split or mix Either Stack and effects chain.

ALSO an UPDATE for MODS and PITCH effects.

Thanks!

• If there really were plans for a K2 (I don't believe for one filthy second there are, but...) really the most killer K2 feature for me would be "Helix", with all its hardware variations from rack to stomp. In 2015 Helix came out. Basically everything that has been asked for a K2 in this forum, so far, is in there, except Kemper's glorious amp tone. So, for me it's easy to imagine the perfect Kemper Stage 2 (both ways!). But to be honest, after many adaptations I am so happy with my current pedalboard solution with a stage and a few more things on it now, that I can easily wait. If you even want to call that waiting. I rather believe that we will see a new Line6 product very much sooner.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Kemper 2 should just be a FM3/HX Stomp sized unit. 3 buttons and a few knobs. I'm fine with a hundred rig slots.

FM3 and Helix stomp are a limited version of their big brothers (less dsp, less slots, less possibilities, less switches)...

You are waiting for a Kemper stomp in fact ;)

• What do you mean ?

I had a helix LT before ; i don't miss anything

I don't think I understand your question. Feature requests are not about you alone, of course. I, personally, did not really "miss" Liquid profiles until they were officially introduced (well not quite true as I (and others) requested them years ago). As I said: almost all the main requested features, here in this feature request thread, that I regard as "important" for a next generation Kemper, already exist in the Helix. So, for me, look at the Helix and you have the perfect K2, if you put Kemper's Profiling technology in there, IMHO. Could you add more or improve even the features in the Helix? Yes of course.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio