Liquid Profiles of Amps - Your Most Wanted

• AFD100 & JCM SLASH

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Not really an option since it doesnt follow the BMTP format but:

Mesa Boogie 5 band graphic EQ

80, 240, 750, 2200, 6600

That shouldn’t be a problem. The Mesa Mark Series basically have a Fender Tone Stack (often with additional switches to shift frequencies) placed before the clipping stages of the pre amp. I will be shocked if Kemper don’t model this in the first batch. The GEQ is after the preamp stage just before the power amp section. Therefore, a pretty close approximation could be achieved by sticking a GEQ in slot X. The only issue currently is that the Kemper graphic frequencies and Q don’t match the Mesa GEQ. A flexible Kemper Graphic like Kemper Drive or Kemper Fuzz would be all that’s required to make the Mark Series liquid profiling possible.

• Sorry to go off topic slightly but....I never liked Jimmys sound. His playing? Brilliant ( even though I'm not a big fan) and he wrote those amazing songs, but I always though his sound was...erm..a bit weak? I'm I nuts/missing something?

Just wondering if sometimes we mix up the songs and playing with the guitar sound??

The Supro Coronado 1690T/Sundragon amp was used on Led Zeppelin I, and some other recordings later.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/g…jimmy-pages-sundragon-amp

The story goes that when this amp was broken out the back of the van, they repaired the American Supro, with available UK parts, like a Mullard GZ34 rectifier, a 12" instead of two 10"'s, and some other bits, and all of that made the signature sound that we've all heard many times now. It's a cool tone to my ears, and I would like to add it to my library, for close as it gets covers.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• The Supro Coronado 1690T/Sundragon amp was used on Led Zeppelin I, and some other recordings later.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/g…jimmy-pages-sundragon-amp

The story goes that when this amp was broken out the back of the van, they repaired the American Supro, with available UK parts, like a Mullard GZ34 rectifier, a 12" instead of two 10"'s, and some other bits, and all of that made the signature sound that we've all heard many times now. It's a cool tone to my ears, and I would like to add it to my library, for close as it gets covers.

At the risk of just sounding like an uneducated metal head, Im not a fan of that sound. It sounds like a sound of the time, no body, lacking sustain, not my ideal overdriven sound...to me, if he had closer to Gary Moore's sound, I think it would be even better.

This is a curse for the guitarist, we over focus on the guitar sound and can miss the song and context so I know I'm wrong BTW :)

Sorry for the diversion.

• I don't know if anyone had noticed but in the latest YouTube video of Kemper Profile - Tone and Talks they use a "Private Beta" v 9.9 and demo Liquid Profiles

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• At the risk of just sounding like an uneducated metal head, Im not a fan of that sound. It sounds like a sound of the time, no body, lacking sustain, not my ideal overdriven sound...to me, if he had closer to Gary Moore's sound, I think it would be even better.

This is a curse for the guitarist, we over focus on the guitar sound and can miss the song and context so I know I'm wrong BTW :)

Sorry for the diversion.

That's your opinion, and we all have them, but our opinions are not aligned.

I like that LZ tone and always will, it was rude and gritty, almost fuzzy - like the context of the songs.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• )interesting that he used a JCM800 tone stack on the jubilee. I wonder how close the townstack between those two is.

I don't know if anyone had noticed but in the latest YouTube video of Kemper Profile - Tone and Talks they use a "Private Beta" v 9.9 and demo Liquid Profiles

External Content youtu.be

• That shouldn’t be a problem. The Mesa Mark Series basically have a Fender Tone Stack (often with additional switches to shift frequencies) placed before the clipping stages of the pre amp. I will be shocked if Kemper don’t model this in the first batch. The GEQ is after the preamp stage just before the power amp section. Therefore, a pretty close approximation could be achieved by sticking a GEQ in slot X. The only issue currently is that the Kemper graphic frequencies and Q don’t match the Mesa GEQ. A flexible Kemper Graphic like Kemper Drive or Kemper Fuzz would be all that’s required to make the Mark Series liquid profiling possible.

As i know that Slot x is working after poweramp and cabinet . So it is problem. GEQ has to between amp and cabinet. As i know that you can't put to GEQ between amp and cabinet in Kemper.

• As i know that Slot x is working after poweramp and cabinet . So it is problem. GEQ has to between amp and cabinet. As i know that you can't put to GEQ between amp and cabinet in Kemper.

While the GEQ is physically before preamp and cabinet in the Mark Series the audible result should be VERY close to having it in slot X. Close enough that I wouldn't worry about the semantics.