Liquid Profiles of Amps - Your Most Wanted

• I would guess the Orange Overdrive OD120

Got to admit, I did not realise there was an OD120 as distinct from an OR120 - yes, must be that. One of the more obscure Orange amps tho - and 2 version of it? Hopefully they'll do the Rockerverb too - and a Tiny Terror surely couldn't be that hard ;)

• Got to admit, I did not realise there was an OD120 as distinct from an OR120 - yes, must be that. One of the more obscure Orange amps tho - and 2 version of it? Hopefully they'll do the Rockerverb too - and a Tiny Terror surely couldn't be that hard ;)

I got some really good tiny terror profiles. I must upload them. The OR30 sounds nothng like the OR120. Its a diff beast.

• I hope they get around to adding some pre-amps like the ADA MP-1 and the Bogner stuff like the triple giant and the fish. CAE 3+ is probably my favorite pre-amp ever. If I remember correctly it shares a tone stack with the soldano pre-amps.

• Instead of just adding more and more tonestacks, it would be good for someone to publish a conversion chart i.e. is the CAE 3+ tonestack the same as a Soldano ( or very close) and therefore would suffice and no new tonestack required??

Just an idea...

• Instead of just adding more and more tonestacks, it would be good for someone to publish a conversion chart i.e. is the CAE 3+ tonestack the same as a Soldano ( or very close) and therefore would suffice and no new tonestack required??

Just an idea...

You can find the schematics for most amps easily online and compare them. I can’t really understand schematics properly but can follow the tonestack layout and compare component values which covers most of what we need to know.

• I wana know why they bothered with friedman stuff. There just marshalls anyway. An nothing to write home about. So like some say are these tonestacks commg from software or are they somehow profiling real tonestacks? I said it before but badcat hotcat would be very interesting with the edge knob. That edge knob could be a KILLER all round control in the kemper for all profiles. Im unsure what it does an maybe it is just a bright cap control, if so then whatever we got it. But it introduces this valvey buzzy overtone that i just love. Crank it an ya get some real angry vintage amp o the edge of exploding tones an feel

• I hear Friedman and Marshall as different beasts generally. Friedman's have a much tighter top end and generally less vintage sounding to me. Also generally less low end.

Bogners are also meant to be "like Marshals", but the tone controls on my Shiva were way more effective and the amp had a muscular low mid voice that I love.

• Many of us always wanted an extra EQ instead of using an additional EQ in an Slot. I see LP a bit like that (ampwise). Maybe we will get the option of an additional LPF/HPF in this section and we are done. 8)

• Bogner Überschall with its Presence knob which highly affects the midrange.

Mesa Triaxis would be hot but I'm not sure there's so much demand.

Groove Tubes Trio has 3 unique tone stacks that I wouldn't mind pairing with other amps.

Engl Powerball seems obvious since it's quite popular and also has a flexible tone stack.

Krank Rev 1 & Krankenstein

Mesa Mark 2 , 3, & 4

Ampeg SVT

SansAmp PSA 1

• Some bass amps would be nice like

• Ampeg
    • Hiwatt
    • SWR
    • Gallien Krueger
  • For the Mark Series amps the tone stack is a vital and integral part of the gain structure so getting the gain to behave properly will probably need the tone stack to behave like a Mesa too. The key is in that the tone circuit (basically a Fender tone stack with extra options) is placed before the clipping gain stages so influences how the amp distorts rather than just shaping the tone of the already distorted sound.

Imam sure Mark Series tone stack will be on the list to be added.

These are popular and flexible amps so having better fidelity to their behaviour in the KPA would be a good thing - it might not be simple to achieve. The 90 W Mark V has 9 preamp variations - 3 variations for each of the three channels (there are also some switches for different characters for some or all of the preamp variations within a channel and a normal/variac power switch which may affect the behaviour of the preamp). Would the same tone stack be applicable to all of them? The tone pots are the same for all three tones within each of the three channels - but there may well be variations between the channels and the gain structure is likely different between the clean and hi gain channels for example.

• These are popular and flexible amps so having better fidelity to their behaviour in the KPA would be a good thing - it might not be simple to achieve. The 90 W Mark V has 9 preamp variations - 3 variations for each of the three channels (there are also some switches for different characters for some or all of the preamp variations within a channel and a normal/variac power switch which may affect the behaviour of the preamp). Would the same tone stack be applicable to all of them? The tone pots are the same for all three tones within each of the three channels - but there may well be variations between the channels and the gain structure is likely different between the clean and hi gain channels for example.

I have Studio 22, Dual Rectifier, Mark B:25 and a Triaxis so am pretty well acquainted with Mesa amps. The basic tone stack is pretty consistent across all models but the push/pull shifts and mode switches etc add different component values. I imagine Kemper could mode this in one of two ways. Either include individual tone stacks for each combination or assign the options to sofkeys.