A little glimpse into the modelled Liquid Gain/EQ tone stacks!

• Agree. Everything is mere hopeful speculation, of course. That's why I said autumn. That would be in 2-3 months. I would say that is rather soon for Kemper standards, isn't it? Let's see. It surely is around the corner, just a few more sleeps :). Who knows... maybe even before summer brake...

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Agree. Everything is mere hopeful speculation, of course. That's why I said autumn. That would be in 2-3 months. I would say that is rather soon for Kemper standards, isn't it? Let's see. It surely is around the corner, just a few more sleeps :). Who knows... maybe even before summer brake...

I just watched a tone Junkie video. He has the liquid beta and demoed it. Apparently Michael Britt and some other beta testers have their hands on it. Means a general beta for all of us should be around the corner, baring any set backs discovered

• Today's Tone Junkie video, tomorrow a longer video with TJ and Michael Britt.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• apart from the obvious tone cut on voxes , the only great feature I'm interested would be swapping the tone stacks on my favorite rigs.

The rest looks like you get the spinal tap on the relativity of the 11' setting on the marshall , pointless for me but interesting as a real amp experience. I love the drastic changes you get from legacy KPA EQ

• apart from the obvious tone cut on voxes , the only great feature I'm interested would be swapping the tone stacks on my favorite rigs.

The rest looks like you get the spinal tap on the relativity of the 11' setting on the marshall , pointless for me but interesting as a real amp experience. I love the drastic changes you get from legacy KPA EQ

In the video about the Sambora tone Thomas Dill said that the tone with the new tone stack is smoother (you can hear that somewhat - from what I hear in comparison I like the sound better but those again are nuances) and that the feel is better. We will see. The good thing is that you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

• I hope we get an accurate Plexi and Fender Deluxe model. I think I can live on a desert island with just those two and be as content as a coconut.

My other choices for when I get rescued would be a JCM 800, EVH 5150, Mesa Dual Rect, and a Fender Twin.

Then after being back in civilization for a while, I might want the Vox AC30.

Then I might settle down with a wife and kids. :P

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• it looks like all of those are included in the current version which TD, TJ, MB etc are using so I think you are going to be a happy camper

• It occurred to me that part of the delay between 9.0 and liquid is that the release of liquid is kind of anticlimactic if there aren’t a significant number of actual liquid profiles to play with. Letting the commercial profile makers and others that make some stuff for a free pack available in rig exchange requires that they get the update and prep some content before the public beta comes out.

• It occurred to me that part of the delay between 9.0 and liquid is that the release of liquid is kind of anticlimactic if there aren’t a significant number of actual liquid profiles to play with. Letting the commercial profile makers and others that make some stuff for a free pack available in rig exchange requires that they get the update and prep some content before the public beta comes out.

You can apply LP to any of the existing profiles, no need for new ones

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• You can apply LP to any of the existing profiles, no need for new ones

This is what I understand too - tho I do wonder how well that's going to work e.g. depending on if you know the original settings, or if the seller provided the original settings how accurate these are, or if you can find the correct tone stack for the amp. Quite possibly new profiles designed with "liquid profiling" in mind might be end up working the best. All speculation tho - time will tell!

• This is what I understand too - tho I do wonder how well that's going to work e.g. depending on if you know the original settings, or if the seller provided the original settings how accurate these are, or if you can find the correct tone stack for the amp. Quite possibly new profiles designed with "liquid profiling" in mind might be end up working the best. All speculation tho - time will tell!

I think it also depends on how accurately it replicates it if you don’t know that original settings. That is so you have no clue when you just assign them all value of 5.0. Will turning up one of the settings using the Tone stack, cj from 5.0 to 7.0 function more like the original knob? Suppose the original was actually at 3.0, but you didn’t know that? Will it sound like you turned up that value from 3.0 to 5 or so? Perhaps it’s not that linear so it sounds like you went from 3.0 to 4.8 or 5.2. Perhaps it’s still responds similar to an increase or decrease from wherever your starting point is? If that’s the case, you can just kind of throw any Tone stack on there, set the values to 5.0. And the tone controls will respond similar to small increases and decreases of the Tone stack in question, whether you chose the tone stack that matches the profiles amp or not. So for example, you’re starting with a Marshall plexi profile and seeing what it would sound like if you modified it a bit with controls from an AC 30. Whether that would produce something desirable or not at least it means that there’s more options in room for experimentation.

• For me it looks like LP is just a cosmetic improvement.

Instead of having a value X (generic) you will have a ("realistic") value Y for the LP for gain/tonestack.

The source (profile snapshot) will be the same and profiles with different amp settings will still be needed.

Instead of having a value X (generic) you will have a ("realistic") value Y for the LP for gain/tonestack.

The source (profile snapshot) will be the same and profiles with different amp settings will still be needed.

If the gain up or down becomes more useful - that will be WAY more than cosmetic to me.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If the gain up or down becomes more useful - that will be WAY more than cosmetic to me.

I think Michael Britt explained it pretty well in the video with HW. Basically, the current gain adjustments often allow you to go far beyond what the original amp could do. For example, the KPA gain may register as 3 but that was actually say 8 on the original amp. Therefore, turning the gain on the KPA to say 6 means the KPA has to try and guess what the amp would sound like if it was able to produce that much gain. LP and the gain reference figure appears to give finer resolution to gain adjustment with the range that the amp is capable of. If the is the case then it should definitely make gain adjustments more useful and definitely more user friendly.

• Yeah - I love that the gain knob will only do the amount of gain on the original amp. I spend most of my time between clean and the edge of breakup, so this will make it much easier to find the sweet spot, as MB pointed out.

I love how both of them agree that the tone controls on a Marshall are pretty much decoration.

I don't think so....Rather the opposite...I even ask myself if profiles sellers won't only provide us one rig per amp in the future ?!

It should be possible and should be done like this. They won't have to spend time to set and profile every/many amp's tone possibilties cause LP will do it....They will just have to afford us a good profile with gain information and we will have the possibility to set how we want our rigs....