It Never Grows

• For this week's mix, I tried some garage-grunge type rock with almost no effects except for a very light delay. I also did another break which I've been having fun doing lately. I believe I also cleared up some muddiness and let each each instrument fit better in their respective positions. I need to figure how to get the volume of the bass smoother across the songs since compression is not enough. Do I do a 1,2,3 count and go on the 4 or a 1,2,3,4 and go on the 1?

I got all my sprinklers fixed. Just need to adjust some of the nozzle patterns. Got a total wet ass yesterday.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hey BT,

Getting better and better!

One thing that strikes me with this track is that the instruments sounds like they are recorded at different time in different studios. The mix doesn't sound cohesive, not quite glued together.

One thing to consider is eq for the instruments so each fit their frequency pocket.

The other is reverb. I usually used a small room that I run most of the instruments in the mix to make them sound like they belong together.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks Mats!

Currently, I record guitar to a basic drum track then add the drum fills then add the bass, and then add a solo last. I was more concerned with balancing the instruments than anything else. The arpeggiated part was cut and redone when my trigger finger co-operated. Bass is totally not fun with trigger finger. I made the second take of the intro riff more aggressive for the lead into the solo start because I thought that's how is should be.

I'm going to give myself till November before really putting out quality demo mixes.

• well done Larry, I appreciate the nuances in your play.

& sorry for the lack of feedback to you all guys , I gave listens to most of your prods , but had no time to type as I was moving to a new house.

Thanks waraba! All you guys inspire me to do better. I take the good and the bad feedback as a lesson. :)

• Getting tighter. I can definitely hear your improvement.

If compression isn't working on the bass something isn't set right. That should do what you need.

One last thing, ALWAYS go on 1.

• Getting tighter. I can definitely hear your improvement.

If compression isn't working on the bass something isn't set right. That should do what you need.

One last thing, ALWAYS go on 1.

Thanks J! I figured out the bass a bit better on my follow up mixes. And I will be posting a new one today.

• Thanks J! I figured out the bass a bit better on my follow up mixes. And I will be posting a new one today.

I need to get done playing with these pedals and get my recording rig set back up. I need to start laying down some ideas. We need a club for this stuff.... :)