Is anyone as lost as I am with the Stage??

• I just got the unit and loaded up the editor but man I am so lost. I try to watch everything available but I can't get a basic understanding, how is everyone figuring this puppy out so fast? I am going to have to print the entire manual as I just cannot see how to do a bunch of things. This is not easy. The sounds on what little I have managed to hear are really incredible but I fear it will be months before I have a confident level of proficiency to really program it and understand things. For one my name for the owner got messed up when the Rig Manager connected to the Stage and I cannot seem to alter it. I have it corrected on the Stage but the Rig Manager will not let me change it (or where one does that). I tried uninstalling the RIg Manager software and a factory reset but can't seem to fix it.

• you can edit the owner name in the system menu of the Profiler. Press the System button and navigate to page 1 which offers the edit owner name option. Click on the corresponding soft button 1 to access the page where you can enter a different owner name after clicking on soft button 4 (EDIT)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The videos above and on the Kemper site are great. Tone junky has great walkthroughs. I think of it like an amp with 4 pedals before and four after. If you would like a quick zoom walkthrough you can dm me.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

Edited once, last by Morph ().

• Official Post

I just got the unit and loaded up the editor but man I am so lost. I try to watch everything available but I can't get a basic understanding, how is everyone figuring this puppy out so fast? I am going to have to print the entire manual as I just cannot see how to do a bunch of things. This is not easy. The sounds on what little I have managed to hear are really incredible but I fear it will be months before I have a confident level of proficiency to really program it and understand things. For one my name for the owner got messed up when the Rig Manager connected to the Stage and I cannot seem to alter it. I have it corrected on the Stage but the Rig Manager will not let me change it (or where one does that). I tried uninstalling the RIg Manager software and a factory reset but can't seem to fix it.

For editing the Owner name: Press [SYSTEM] and on the very first page, you can press ["Edit Owner"] on Softknob 1.

And take your time and watch the videos, the possibilities can be a bit overwhelming.

• It’s a professional tool, it does have its own paradigms, but no more then any other comparable unit, it actually took me years to get comfortable but then I am a bit slow :S.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• One idea is to focus on learning the physical unit’s operation. As in, what buttons to press and knobs to turn to achieve something.

Rig Manager is great, but having that connected and running can add unnecessary complexity.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It took me I’d say about 25 hours to really get my head around everything.

It all DOES make sense eventually!

But I’d have to say some things are just not intuitive, and could be made MUCH easier to do.

****EDITED - MY FAULT. I DIDN’T REALIZE THE PROBLEM WAS MY LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF MY NEW MACBOOK!!!!*****

For example:

Let’s say you want to create a brand new folder in Rig manager to store certain things— “Marshall Amps,” or “IRs,” or “Metal Amp Profiles.”

You know what would be inarguably the best route for this?

On Rig Manager, when you have the top bar of the window which says “Tools,” “Help,” etc, there should be an option which says “New”.

You should be able to click on “New,” and have a drop down list which shows “Folder.”

You click on that, BOOM, create a new folder, and label it.

Then, you open the newly created empty Folder, and click and drag files from your computer into that new folder.

I mean, how can the Kemper folks NOT do something like that?

NOT Kemper’s Fault, I was just ignorant of MacBook Functionality!!!!

That said, the tones are worth it!

• How much experience do you have with traditional pedals and amps? Without that you're trying to learn a massive amount.

When I got my Kemper I was already experienced in terms of pedals, amps, effects loops, mics, PAs, etc...

The way Kemper lays it all out works for me, but it took me a couple of months to learn where everything is.

To be honest I haven't tweaked any patches in almost a year now.

• Let’s say you want to create a brand new folder in Rig manager to store certain things— “Marshall Amps,” or “IRs,” or “Metal Amp Profiles.”

You know what would be inarguably the best route for this?

You obviously missed the part where the manual explains how to right-click in the local library to create folders.

• It would be cool to explain us where you are from, what are your knowledges about rigs ?

Have you owned a modeler ? Or have you just played through a combo with a guitar ?

I had used to plug and play my guitar into my amp long time before....And nothing else matters....

Before owning the kemper, i've owned a Helix for two years and the journey was long but rich.

I've learned the incidence of mic place/type, FXs placement and parameters, speakers differences, 4CM, highcut/lowcut, etc....

When i bought my Kemper Stage, it was really easy for me....

• Same thing here. I was up and running with the basic functions and getting my sounds without even opening the manual. That came later when I was looking for specific stuff.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Don't panic. Its no where near as complex as it looks and is very logical but if its new it is of course daunting.

Couple of basic things ( without knowing what you are struggling with):

1) Focus on what you need to do and then we can help more. In other words sounds likem you managed to get a sound out that you like, is it the editing or the set up for your band etc.

2) It is laid out in the signal path left to right. So first effect buttons are pre amp, those to the right are post.

3) Rigs are made up of effects and profiles ( the amp sound). If you find a sound you like, you can tweak the gain, eq etc and add or remove effects just by pressing an effect button and scrolling through the effect types. Once you have what you want, save under a new name.

4) Are you going to use it live? Then use performance mode which is just like a regular effects unit with 5 slots in each "bank". Once you have some sounds you can save in a performance, name the performance and then recall just by selecting a slot.

5) Rig Manager once connected is easier to help set up but you can do everything on the unit as well. Its the same process on both but RM is more visual.

• Indeed. However, I’m using a MacBook, and there isn’t a “Right Click” option on my trackpad.

I guess I’m a MacBook dummy, LOL

:)

Come on grass hopper, googling right click on Mac trackpad takes 10 sec.😁

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.