OS 10 beta is out! Let's get Liquid!

• That is certainly interesting. Do you think that would survive a blind test? I you record a loop with the looper in pre position and then record the loop twice with different rig and amp volume settings. Do you still hear those differences?

No need for a loop, is pretty evident...

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• That is certainly interesting. Do you think that would survive a blind test? I you record a loop with the looper in pre position and then record the loop twice with different rig and amp volume settings. Do you still hear those differences?

Its very obvious you will not need to run a loop.

My ears are pretty screwed after so much abuse from loud amp and drummers so maybe others can hear things I can't but.......

I just created a performance using the RigBusters Fan65 Liquid Profile in the new factory packs.

Slot 1 has the Amp volume boosted by 6db and the Rig volume reduced by 6db.

Slot 2 has the Amp volume reduced by 6db and the Rig volume boosted by 6db.

Slot 3 has the original rig with no changes.

I recorded a loop with some chords and some single notes and set this playing. Looper in the Input position.

I set the loop playing and switched rigs at random.

All three rigs are indistinguishable to my ears which makes sense as this is exactly how Kemper says it should sound.

• I didn't touched the Rig Volume, I just raised the Amp one and compensate from the Mixer

That would suggest that it might be the mixer input that is causing the difference.

Try it again by using the Amp and Rig volumes to compensate boost one and cut the other by the same amount. According to Kemper they are identical apart from the place in the signal chain. Therefore, the only way they should make a difference is if there is something else that is gain sensitive downstream. eg a compressor, drive or boost in the post stack effects block.

In my test the only effect after the stack was the stock reverb that was part of the rig. This shouldn't be volume sensitive in the Kemper architecture so should provide a true test by making the adjustments I described.

If you can still hear and identify which is which in that scenario with a loop or reamp then maybe your ears are better than mine (not the hard to be honest :D)

• Free 6505 To Rectifier 4x12 Liquid Profile.
    Tried the new Liquid tech today and it really works.
    This profile sounds amazing and the eq and gain reacts like the real amp !
    https://u.pcloud.link/publink/…qz2AWCDjaE2uXjIbmzuSPJUKV

Hi mickrich

I downladed your profile and noticed, that when I enable Legacy Delay tha is in the profile, it disappears after fraction of second, the tails are cut off immediately.

When I change this delay to another effect/delay in thi slot and then switch back to Legacy Delay, it works correctly.

I'm on 10.0.0.46696

Could you confirm this?

• I was using my own profile with the soldano tonestack. I profiled at full tilt like the manual said an this was taking the drive all the way back to about 2-3. I was doing this to compensate the level drop so only at any given time i adjusted one level. An there was a difference with the amp slot volume an just the generic vol. Granted this was through a real cab an my valve power section, but thats why I tested it with the valve volume too. If it was just a case of my valves getting pushed it would not explain why the difference between the 2 volumes as there both before the power amp. An the amp slot volume sounds lovelly to be honest, I hope we find it is part of the LP experience. That would be even more authentic. Did not try this in my DAW yet but to me it wasnt a little bit were you need a blindfold test, it was obvious. Not a distortion but more a roundness an musical push sound. Hey, maybe it just luck on were i profiled on the dials there lots of variantions at the moment as we figure this out. Ill try it elsewere when i get time.

• You keep saying what ck or burkhard said but were talking about post LP here. The question is if its a part of the new tonestack experience. Or in my case a happy accident. I may upload my profile to see what you think

• I wonder how profile sellers will adjust to selling Liquid Profiles.

They’ve been selling amp packs with dozens of profiles for tens of dollars. Surely they can’t charge the same for a couple Liquid Profiles now, but they wouldn’t want to charge just a couple dollars either…

Maybe profile packs will become more effects centric? For instance, if it’s a DRRI pack, maybe there’ll be bunch of rigs built around famous songs using the DRRI? Interested to see how they respond.

• I wonder how profile sellers will adjust to selling Liquid Profiles.

They’ve been selling amp packs with dozens of profiles for tens of dollars. Surely they can’t charge the same for a couple Liquid Profiles now, but they wouldn’t want to charge just a couple dollars either…

Maybe profile packs will become more effects centric? For instance, if it’s a DRRI pack, maybe there’ll be bunch of rigs built around famous songs using the DRRI? Interested to see how they respond.

I won’t name anyone incase the thread gets closed or moved to the commercial zone but one of the profilers who provided the factory Liquid Profile packs is selling full LQP packs on his website now. The Deluxe Reverb pack has 21 liquid profiles but no information on how they differ from each other unfortunately.

• You keep saying what ck or burkhard said but were talking about post LP here. The question is if its a part of the new tonestack experience. Or in my case a happy accident. I may upload my profile to see what you think

All I was getting at is that after objective testing, the amp and rig volume still behave as they have previously been described. This would imply that the LQP process hasn’t changed this aspect.

• I won’t name anyone incase the thread gets closed or moved to the commercial zone but one of the profilers who provided the factory Liquid Profile packs is selling full LQP packs on his website now. The Deluxe Reverb pack has 21 liquid profiles but no information on how they differ from each other unfortunately.

I suspect the focus will shift to different mic placements, different mic's etc.

• I suspect the focus will shift to different mic placements, different mic's etc.

Excellent point - the idea that one profile would suffice ignores the diversity of techniques for capturing cabs and the diversity of cabs/speakers that you could use with a given amplifier. You may well need to capture fewer gain levels for a given setup but a package of profiles might still involve a vendor using a diversity of different cabs and mics in capturing a set of profiles of a given amp.

• Excellent point - the idea that one profile would suffice ignores the diversity of techniques for capturing cabs and the diversity of cabs/speakers that you could use with a given amplifier. You may well need to capture fewer gain levels for a given setup but a package of profiles might still involve a vendor using a diversity of different cabs and mics in capturing a set of profiles of a given amp.

Totally agree but I would expect someone selling a 21 profile pack to mention what mics/cabs/etc it covered. I presume the website will get updated in due course though.

• Official Post

Totally agree but I would expect someone selling a 21 profile pack to mention what mics/cabs/etc it covered. I presume the website will get updated in due course though.

up to this point I don't see the need to move the thread to the Third Party Rigs Discussion (which I don't want to do btw.) but any further discussion of this topic should happen in a dedicated thread in the aforementioned subforum, please. ;)

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I have been fixing and doing mods to amps for a long time and one of the mods I had for my Peavey 6505 was to change the tonestack values to a fender because the clean is not very nice. After doing the mod, I changed it back because it didn't do what I wanted and it was still too muddy.

I was wondering if there are others using a tonestack calculator app like I do for their mods?

With liquid profile we can actually hear what a Peavey 6505 will sound like with a Fender Twin tonestack before actually changing the parts so you don't have to undo it if you don't like it.

I think if you are someone who does mods on amps, this can be game changing takes away all the guess work depending of how accurate liquid profiling is.

The only other thing is to have the possibility to make our own gain/tonestack profiles then you can actually design your own. Hopefully this will be a possibility in the future.

Meanwhile great work to you guys at Kemper this is an awesome upgrade and I thank you.

• Excellent point - the idea that one profile would suffice ignores the diversity of techniques for capturing cabs and the diversity of cabs/speakers that you could use with a given amplifier. You may well need to capture fewer gain levels for a given setup but a package of profiles might still involve a vendor using a diversity of different cabs and mics in capturing a set of profiles of a given amp.

I'd forgotten about Cabs which have a huge sound impact. Also one Plexi will not sound the same as another. They will have the same tonestack applied but the "start" point could be different.

So still variation to be had but at least it reduces/negates multiple "sweet spot" profiles of the same set up.