Liquid Profiles "Feel"

• Yep, people love to repeat that "tone is in the fingers" line but I think it's more accurate to say the playing style is - as in, yes, Slash is still going to sound like Slash thru a cr*ppy amp - but he's going to sound like Slash with a cr*ppy tone :)

Like Crap ;)

• People say things like oh tones in the fingers an I dont agree. Im very sensitive to what I play, if i have a sound i dont connect with I can not play. I always feel embarrassed in guitar stores if they hand me a guitar I just dont agree with. I saw a interview with George Lynch saying the same that he can not play for the life of him if he does not have his gear.

I agree, its not tone, its "sound" is in your fingers, which includes tone but is mainly phrasing and feel. Its all psychological...

• Had another play today through my custom amp an a real speaker cab. The LP does what i felt has been missing in my sound im very happy. It ads a forwardness an a clarity that was missing from my profiles even though I do my own all direct no interference top cables. An the ability to scope the sound with the brightcap you can really tailor the sound. i have not played with all the tonestacks but keep going for the vox for clean an soldano for overdrive. Even the soldano for cleans is nice. Feel indeed. Its not 100 percent but its better than ever an more than good enough. I see kemper just released a video for the usb interface. Looking forward to the LP one. Looking forward to doin a matchles profile with the LP when i get the chance to get one an studio time

• I hear what you are saying. Your Crate story is making my point. If you can't play cleanly on an unplugged guitar then you can't REALLY do it just because it is plugged in to a hot amp. All the distortion, gain, harmonics, compression etc... will not change that. It may make it more likely for you to believe your fantasy(drunken or not) that your playing is better than it actually is. A hot amp will allow for certain sounds to be accentuated, such as pick harmonics, feedback, etc... but in the end your picking is what it is. You will not play any faster even though you may be deluded into thinking you can.

All good points. Working with a clean sound helps expose technique, and if fixed it increases speed. Everyone has a certain wall they can't get past given the time amount of time they set aside to practice that technique. Some techniques are rarely used with a clean sound, so if you only ever play a certain technique at a certain speed with a high-gain tone, does it really matter if it wouldn't sound good with a clean tone? If a part sounds good with the tone and gain level one desires to use it with, then it really doesn't matter if it would sound bad clean. Now, where it gets problematic is when you have to compromise tone by upping the gain higher than you want to hide the poor technique. Worse, I've had times where I've written a song or guitar part that requires a technical speed and accuracy that I'm not able to achieve or maintain.

• Tomorrow we will have small gig.

I'm curious, what will happen with me and if the other musicians and our FOH man

will notice the difference. I didn't tell them a word.

Gonna use only 2 liquified amps in some variations, our beloved rmpaceco's Morgan AC20

an a SLO100, bought from Bert. I don't like 33455 amps on stage.

Less is more.

Best regards

Bernhard

Jam it ! 8o

• Did you get the settings for that Morgan before you liquefied it or did you just wing it? If you have the settings, please share because that is a great amp, and I would like the liquid version of it that true to it

• So, did they notice the difference ? :?: ;) :)

• Bert fa veramente degli ottimi profili

• So back from gig :

I noticed the difference, the "feel" was better than using my unliquid profiles.

The other musicians did´nt note it (differences are only small, character and gain were preserved)

The FOH Man noted a little better cut the mix.

FYI : I did not make real LQPs, I only raised them without looking for correctness

(If it sounds good to me, it is good)

The Morgan AC20 with Voice Ace 15 / Fan Vibr Champion / Voice Ace 30 Nrm

The SLO100 with Mard Plex Brt

And I am not talking Italian.

Best regards

Bernhard

Jam it ! 8o

• Liquid profil is awesome, but a drastically sound change or improvement is to set or change the right cab in the profiler. That make a hudge differenz.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• So I'm getting a little confused. There seems to be a suggestion that LP's sound better?

My understanding is:

1) The profiling process hasn't changed so the base profile hasn't changed

2) LQ only changes when you make tone changes. In other words, take a profile, switch on LP's and it should all still sound the same - its only when you start turning dials that it behaves closer to the original amp behavior.

So what are people experiencing, better base tone or just the accurate behavior which in itself is more satisfying?

• This was my understanding as well, maybe it is the way the gain structure is changed a bit. I felt that they cleaned up better.

However this is likely placebo effect and like you said being able to dial in more "accurate" tones

• I have been messing with tone stacks for a while with mostly Traynor amplifiers back in the 80's with some very amazing results. This feels very much the same to me except we also get the bleed resistor and gain/preamp stage.

I don't know how accurate it is but just the thought I can try a marshal profile on a mesa boogie is pretty amazing to me. Create your own boutique amplifier. AC20 with fender twin amp model is a killer combination and my go to country/blues sound.

• To whom it concerns,

when I was much younger than today we enjoyed jokes about playing the guitar. One was the good advice to add a little "fast fret" lotion before trying again the tricky part. Or buy these special musical batteries for the stomps. Absolutely good for the sound, man.

I don't know about that but I know that my playing gets rapidly worse when there's bad vibes in the band; like the feeling when you think you are going to be cut out.

On the other hand: when the audience seems to like it, your fingers feel like flying on the fretboard. Mind: This kind of magic happens only when you exercise a lot.

After some hours with LP tweaking I get the feeling that try as I may I am not in the ballpark of M. Britt, Andy, Topjimi and the likes.

Obviously it is not so easy for me to dial in that kind of sound!

If I turn down a gain 11 sound to cleanish, well it is quite good. But it is not the kind of sound you get from a vox, an old fender or a /13 amp playíng clean (gain max 2.5)

Then again you may change your sounds on the stage by simply turning the gain knob. That's quite handy.

For me it was never the question wether it sounded like the real amp, if it sounded good. So I hope the good things keep coming. And a heartfelt thank you to the Kemper guys. They helped me to get more music when I play.

Kindly

Joachim

• Nowadays people often have a "feel", say for temperature. Say: some subjective impression. It seems to be the same for these "liquide" profiles. A lot about is written and spread by video. Now, when you have the new software for this "Liquidity", you try and get some "feeling" on the somewhat changed sound. Ok, so it's like it. All I want to say is: I ain't got these "feels" when they are meant to be somehow "wow, overwhelming". By now, I have some other minor means to change sounds, not more.

• Nowadays people often have a "feel", say for temperature. Say: some subjective impression. It seems to be the same for these "liquide" profiles. A lot about is written and spread by video. Now, when you have the new software for this "Liquidity", you try and get some "feeling" on the somewhat changed sound. Ok, so it's like it. All I want to say is: I ain't got these "feels" when they are meant to be somehow "wow, overwhelming". By now, I have some other minor means to change sounds, not more.

I'm a guy who always loved using real amps and for me LP is a game changer. But my reasons for loving it is because it allows me to grab a distorted amp and in a few seconds I can make it creamy and amazing and then morph the gain and it is back to screaming 80's sound and I love that because before we didn't have that kind of control. Also mix matching different amps with tone stacks allows me to create my own boutique amps and I have been getting great results experimenting, it works surprisingly well. And there are more reasons but I don't have time to list them all.

So for me it is a major improvement and remember we are just starting to get good at liquid profiling.

I totally respect your opinion, maybe for you it doesn't have the wow factor it has for me. I can respect that.

All the best to you my friend.