I sliced my fingertip so, how do you pick?

• I just did this with a knife cutting onions, and put a band-aid on it but the pick is sliding all over the place. Help, I have a gig tonight (not really) but the trauma is the same. Any ideas to keep the pick from sliding around other than I just bleed on it to make it sticky?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Medically approved versions of super glue, like Dermabond, create a waterproof and antimicrobial seal on the skin that stays in place until the wound heals.

I actually have used super glue I had laying around and it worked but its totally not advisable. Maybe call your local pharmacist he might have a better idea than Dermabond.

If the cut is deep this is not going to work its only for small cuts.

• Knifes and onions are not for guitar players... can't tell you how much I am watching out for my hands and fingers when doing work at home or around the house. I once had a sports accident which kept me away from guitar for 6 weeks. Terrible! So be careful folks...

BayouTexan get well soon!

• Official Post

Knifes and onions are not for guitar players...

it's all a matter of technique :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Medically approved versions of super glue, like Dermabond, create a waterproof and antimicrobial seal on the skin that stays in place until the wound heals.

I actually have used super glue I had laying around and it worked but its totally not advisable. Maybe call your local pharmacist he might have a better idea than Dermabond.

+1. No need for Band Aid with this

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

I was thinking of super glue. I should carry that in a gig bag too.

• Knifes and onions are not for guitar players... can't tell you how much I am watching out for my hands and fingers when doing work at home or around the house. I once had a sports accident which kept me away from guitar for 6 weeks. Terrible! So be careful folks...

BayouTexan get well soon!

Thanks deadman! I guess it was only fitting that it happened on one of my trigger fingers. Really pisses me off because I was getting ready to track this week's mix.

• I have some Dunlop Jazz III Jim Root which has a bit of texture on them, and it's working decent enough for hard attack. I'm going to order a pack of their Max Grip textures to keep in my arsenal in case this arises again. I'm ripping this band-aid off tomorrow.

Thanks for helping me out, guys!

• Won't help you now, but cut resistant gloves are your friend! :P

Bleeding all over your instrument is very punk, might want to run with that musically :D

Live From… Peace Frog’s Den features South Texas songwriters and musicians performing live original music from Peace Frog's Den's studio in San Antonio, Texas. All styles of music are welcome. Would love for you to check us out at https://bit.ly/livefrompfd.

• I tired my Dunlop thumb pick but it ain't for picking metal. ;)

Putting aside your dreadful knife skills, you need to take a leaf out of John 5 and Zakk Wylde for that metal based chicken pickin!! Or Tim Henson or Richie Kotzen on their use of fingers....

BTW Im useless with fingers ( said my wife)...

• I always just used regular crazy glue.

"What did Vietnam era medics use to stop bleeding?

Call it the secret life of Super Glue. During the Vietnam War, emergency medics began using the all-purpose glue to seal battle wounds in troops headed for surgery. The glue was so good at stemming bleeding that it was credited with saving many lives."

• I used to have a lot of issues with finger cuts when playing.Took me years to figure out that I have a nickle allergy.

I know its not advisable but I used to use superglue to seal cuts before gigs

• I used to have a lot of issues with finger cuts when playing.Took me years to figure out that I have a nickle allergy.

I know its not advisable but I used to use superglue to seal cuts before gigs

BayouTexan has a "knife" allergy!

Joking aside, I think Nickle allergies are probably more common than we realize! That must be a nightmare although I bet you still play better than me..