wireless

• Hi, Does anyone has experience with a good solid and non interference guitar wireless receiver and transmitter, without charging station or base station like this one, a Sennheiser XSW-D with just two rechargeable guitar plugs.

Wireless Guitar System Review- Sennheiser XSW-D
    The Sennheiser XSW-D wireless guitar system is a great tool to have. I've owned mine for about a year and love it.Sennheiser XSW-Dhttps://amzn.to/2vnVuEOSenn...
    www.youtube.com

This is not a cheap one but I have seen views about cheap ones you don't wanna have:....loss of sound, much noise, higher latency with out of sync with band, loss of tone, interference with wifi or laptotp/computer etc.

• I think V8guitar or maybe Dynochrome use this exact one.

Sennheiser doesn't make junk, and I've heard good things about this unit. I'd really like throw down for one of their EW-100 units. But I can think of a lot of other things to do with $700 that won't get me locked out of the house. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I personal don't like this system because it runs on the 2,4 GHz Wlan frequency.
    I'm using a 5,8 GHz frequency
    I have the Nux C-5RC Wireless System check it out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• I personal don't like this system because it runs on the 2,4 GHz Wlan frequency.
    I'm using a 5,8 GHz frequency
    I have the Nux C-5RC Wireless System check it out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very good point. 2.4 has a longer range and can penetrate walls better, but 5ghz sacrifices range for speed.

The range is still plenty for stage work. Just as long as you don't walk around the way Buddy Guy did (which is to say.....all over the venue) you'll be fine. :)

• I use the inexpensive G10. I've found a way to solidify the plug in for the base unit. For the range I'm planning to travel from my home base, it works perfect and it is 100% indistinguishable from a cable. I have a spare battery when the stock transmitter one ever dies (going on 150+ gigs and no need yet) I see no need to upgrade this. On breaks, I carry the transmitter around in my back pocket so nothing happens to it. I can walk up, jam it in and GO!

• I think V8guitar or maybe Dynochrome use this exact one.

Sennheiser doesn't make junk, and I've heard good things about this unit. I'd really like throw down for one of their EW-100 units. But I can think of a lot of other things to do with $700 that won't get me locked out of the house. :)

Yep I have used the sennheiser for about 2 years now. Its pretty rock solid and never get interference. I have had a few drop outs when I go wandering into the audience but its at a fair distance so I'd recommend it. There are only 2 downsides for me:

1) The "joint" can become a bit loose. I had to have 1 replaced under warranty as a result

2) The battery life isn't great, will see you through maybe 2 gigs max, so you need to keep it regularly charged. Because its an internal battery, you can't swap batteries mid gig, so if it starts to fail, you have to switch to a lead or ( like me) have a backup).

• The big thing for me that I researched besides ease of use, reliability and run time was latency. XSW-D has (I recall) 3.9ms and the G10 has under 2.9. so they are like standing another 3-4 ft from your amp. Mine has about 8hr play time and when inactive for a bit, will sit on standby for 200 hrs. I just charge mine during break if needed.

I won't leave it in the guitar on breaks because I'm always worried it will get snapped off. Especially on a top jack like a 335.

That's my biggest gripe about it is that it sticks out and not flexible. It got in the way of the whammy with my strat so I bought this short male-female extension to hang it from. I was going to get a right angle one for my 335 but ended up just being careful. I wish it had a flexible jack so you could keep it low profile for every input jack type. Then it would be way better. If I ever replace it, I'll do so with something that has that ability that hopefully has easily removable replaceable batteries.

• The big thing for me that I researched besides ease of use, reliability and run time was latency. XSW-D has (I recall) 3.9ms and the G10 has under 2.9. so they are like standing another 3-4 ft from your amp. Mine has about 8hr play time and when inactive for a bit, will sit on standby for 200 hrs. I just charge mine during break if needed.

I won't leave it in the guitar on breaks because I'm always worried it will get snapped off. Especially on a top jack like a 335.

That's my biggest gripe about it is that it sticks out and not flexible. It got in the way of the whammy with my strat so I bought this short male-female extension to hang it from. I was going to get a right angle one for my 335 but ended up just being careful. I wish it had a flexible jack so you could keep it low profile for every input jack type. Then it would be way better. If I ever replace it, I'll do so with something that has that ability that hopefully has easily removable replaceable batteries.

Yeah the latency doesn't bother me that much as its all fairly low. Like you, I charge in between sets which helps.

I could not find a wireless that is a bug type with interchangeable batteries, you have to go for the pack type, which I specifically was avoiding.

• My line 6 gave out on me and I got some xvives that had dropouts. after watching this video I got 2 pairs of 40.00 Ammon. Done a|b tests with a cable and it’s good enough for me. YMMV

External Content youtu.be

• I don't have any experience with the exact unit but I have been using wireless units for decades. I will not buy anything that isn't made by Sennheiser or Shure. Both of these brands have held up for me very well over many uses. I also tend to not buy the cheapest ones they make. IMHO, you really do get what you pay for with a wireless unit. I currently own units of both brands I mentioned. I use the digital as well as analog units and have zero issues. If I were buying a new unit today, I would buy the updated Shure GLX-D+ unit. I am still using the OG version and it just works. The new one is a dual band so you get distance and performance. I really don't experience latency with the ones I have used.

• I don't have any experience with the exact unit but I have been using wireless units for decades. I will not buy anything that isn't made by Sennheiser or Shure. Both of these brands have held up for me very well over many uses. I also tend to not buy the cheapest ones they make. IMHO, you really do get what you pay for with a wireless unit. I currently own units of both brands I mentioned. I use the digital as well as analog units and have zero issues. If I were buying a new unit today, I would buy the updated Shure GLX-D+ unit. I am still using the OG version and it just works. The new one is a dual band so you get distance and performance. I really don't experience latency with the ones I have used.

You must have more rigid requirements than tons of professional artists. I can't tell you how many gold and platinum selling artists I've seen using the Line 6 G50. LOTS of them. Many have been using it for quite a few years so I doubt it is junk.

• I solved this problem by going wired. Until you happen to step on the cable a particular way on a particular day and it no longer works. :cursing:

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Once upon a time, going outside Sennheiser or Shure was asking for it. That's no longer true - and I've seen some real crap out of Shure lately. At the same time - their bottom-of-the-range SE100 in ears sound better than any $100 set of headphones has a right to.

My church uses Sennheiser mics and wireless units. The gear gets used pretty much constantly. Not just on weekends. Teens and college students, anyone? That's durability testing like no other. The mics are reasonably well cared for, but the body packs used for IEMs get the crap kicked out of them.

The sheer brutality EW100 systems will endure and still function flawlessly is amazing. So...

I do not *need* a $700 wireless guitar system......but I want it.

• I solved this problem by going wired. Until you happen to step on the cable a particular way on a particular day and it no longer works. :cursing:

My bass player at one time wore heeled boots. If he happened to step on my cord at the same time I moved it would shear it off instantly. (Usually in the middle of a solo) I always had to have a spare cord coiled right there. Although I don't care for the physical design of the hardware, I love the plug in wireless. Instead of a body pack you have plug in cable that doesn't have a cable.

• I used a cheapo (well around £70) for a 2.4Ghz one and worked fine until I played once at a large venue (around 200 people) and there was very noisy drop-outs so had to resort to a cable to finish the show - it also had significant latency.

I have been using a Sennheiser G4 radio mic for years with no issue so bought the Sennheiser guitar equivalent (EW 100 G4 Wireless Instrument System) - it's rock solid and never crapped out on me in the 2 years I've had it. Not a cheap unit though at around £550 from Gear 4 Music but I'd rather pay more for the reliability - also the latency isn't noticeable at all.

Only downside is it does eat batteries - I can usually get 2 shows out of it - especially if I remember to turn it off after soundcheck and in between sets.

I buy 24 Duracell AA batteries from Amazon now - much cheaper than in the shops - and I only use Duracell as some others makes have barely lasted 1 show.

I also used the Xvive G4 IEM system but swapped that for the Sennheiser one too - my Wireless rack is now worth almost £2k - oops

Hope this helps

• You must have more rigid requirements than tons of professional artists. I can't tell you how many gold and platinum selling artists I've seen using the Line 6 G50. LOTS of them. Many have been using it for quite a few years so I doubt it is junk.

I am very demanding of my wireless units. I never said any specific unit was junk. All I said was that I personally will not buy anything not made by Sennheiser or Shure.

I have had a decent number of guys ask me what I am using because they have not seen me have any issues with the units I use. Many of those guys have moved over to the same units I use and they have thanked me for the recommendation because they just work. They cost more but I feel you get a better performing unit for the money.

• You need to get some li-ion AA rechargeables - a game changer. Note these are NOT nicad's which have a lower voltage and useless for digital applications.. The LI-on ones last close to duracells but of course are rechargeable...

• The big factor that people are not covering is the bug type wireless solutions., For me there is only 1 "good" quality one which is the sennhiser, quickly followed by the Boss WL 20's.

If you look into pack solutions there is of course a much wider choice...e.g. shure etc.

For me there is still a gap in the market for a digital, high quality bug type wireless unit.