Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• Are you serious? "Price Discrimination" "Consumer Fraud" Perhaps you're trolling. My MacBook Pro has the capability of running Logic Pro. Wait, I have to purchase it? How awful. Apple should have supplied it upon purchase. 😂

• Why people here thinks they are entitled to get anything at the price point they like is something that baffles me. A new product is out at a defined price point, take it or leave it. Is no fraud, is no scam, is not unfair. Companies decide the price points of their products and they (have to) make money out of it. Looking that all the Players of the first run where sold out in 2 (!!!) days, Kemper is doing very well, and I'm very glad they are. This way they have the resources to keep developing this products. If they ever come out with an OS upgrade for my Stage that gives me something I need/want and there is a price tag attached to it, I'll pay for it and be thankful they did the work. 12 years of free upgrades doesn't mean they are bound to keep doing it.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Why people here thinks they are entitled to get anything at the price point they like is something that baffles me. A new product is out at a defined price point, take it or leave it. Is no fraud, is no scam, is not unfair. Companies decide the price points of their products and they (have to) make money out of it. Looking that all the Players of the first run where sold out in 2 (!!!) days, Kemper is doing very well, and I'm very glad they are. This way they have the resources to keep developing this products. If they ever come out with an OS upgrade for my Stage that gives me something I need/want and there is a price tag attached to it, I'll pay for it and be thankful they did the work. 12 years of free upgrades doesn't mean they are bound to keep doing it.

I wholeheartedly echo this!

• I find the salty reaction to my previous post quite fascinating. Basically every response reads like, "If you have an issue with the quoted feature set at the quoted price point then you are the problem."

I fondly remember a time where companies had to prove their products are worth the money. Now - according to some people - reluctant buyers have to justify their reluctance.

Very fascinating.

Anyway, I won't bother responding to the trolling.

• No, every response was straight to your accusation that Kemper lied.

I guess you can’t come close to proving that so now you duck out like a coward proclaiming any further response is merely trolling.

You are what you are and on full display here.

• You'd know it if I were trolling. I'd post infrequently, have nothing truly constructive to say when I did and deflect any disagreement on my chosen position.

Kind of like you.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think it's important to remember that Kemper is a business and it doesn't make sense to offer essentially a Kemper Stage for 1/2 the price with all the same features. There will be compromises, there will be features that aren't there. But that's why it's less money.

I think a lot of people (myself included at times) get caught up comparing it to not only the Stage, but to the Tonex and HX Stomp. I had an HX Stomp - it's not even in the same league as Kemper in terms of tone and feel. The Player is 1/2 the price of a Stage, so I wouldn't expect that either. Tonex doesn't have effects, so the price difference makes sense there too.

It's normal and common to expect to pay a premium for a premium product in a given market space. This is why a Camry doesn't cost the same as a Ferrari.

As well, Kemper directly responded in this thread to answer several questions and complaints. At this point, it's up to you to decide if you would like to purchase a Player or not. For me, the Stage is the perfect solution for the groups I'm in, the Player isn't. But that's a reflection of my needs.

• You'd know it if I were trolling. I'd post infrequently, have nothing truly constructive to say when I did and deflect any disagreement on my chosen position.

Kind of like you.

I find it constructive to explore the allegation of a lie being told by the Kemper company being introduced to the conversation by someone who then refuses to offer any example or evidence.

It may not 'construct' a result you appreciate but that doesn't concern me.

• Just ordered a player. This is my first Kemper product. I currently have a Seymour Duncan Powerstage and Celestion F12-X200. Does anyone have experience with this speaker vs the Kemper Kone? Is the Kone better with Kemper products?

• Just ordered a player. This is my first Kemper product. I currently have a Seymour Duncan Powerstage and Celestion F12-X200. Does anyone have experience with this speaker vs the Kemper Kone? Is the Kone better with Kemper products?

I do not know about the F12-X200, but the Kabinet is my go to speaker. Pant flap room feel/sound, and great off axis along with speaker imprints.

I’ve got the f12-x200 and built the cab Celestion have designed for that speaker.

I have a non powered Kemper cab and an extra Kone speaker in a Egnater Tweaker 1x12 cab.

I have the SD Powerstage 170 amp.that have used when trying out those cabs.

The Kone is far better when using the imprints in your Kemper device. It is better as a ‘full range’ speaker and not using the imprints instead letting the Rig supply the cab sim. I prefer the Kone with imprints but it does pretty good without them

The F12-x200 is better than most FRFR monitors I’ve tried but it does have a separate high frequency driver (tweeter) where the Kone is a coaxial speaker cone design and it makes a difference. The upper frequencies from the Kone are more like a ‘guitar speaker’ delivers and less shrill, harsh like a PA monitor delivers.

The Celestion F12M-150 is a tricone speaker and it is more like the Kone and rates right between the Kone and F12-x200 in my mind.

The Kemper Kone is probably one of the best things to happen to guitar speaker simulation. I was selling my Stage and Kemper cab when I saw the Player was coming out I knew I was getting it and I relisted the Stage to sell by itself, the Kones are staying with me.

• Thanks. I also have the powerstage that I use with my FX12-200. Sounds like I might need to pick up a kone.

• I finally spent the money on an M3 MBP with M3 Pro chip. I had been limping along with a 2011 iMac (Core i7) and a 2012 Mini (also i7) until a few months ago. So I can relate.

You might consider checking out Open Core Legacy Patcher as an interim step until you can afford a new Mac. It will allow you to run any of the new Mac OS versions on unsupported Macs.

• Ok, CK has been nothing but remarkable in his transparency. He didn't need to post anything at all. He could have left it to his employees. It is impressive for the owner of a company to post a reply to anything. It's a good thing that CK participates in threads here.

Next, over the break I have watched a few videos on the use of the new player. I would like to re-assess my criticism.

The Kemper Player is not the product I wanted. It is for a different market (my conclusion). I complained that the product should have only 3 foot switches and a decent sized color LCD. This would be the perfect product for ME as a backup unit for my Rack AND as a throw-and-go rig for small get togethers.

After watching several video's, the Kemper Player seems more aimed at someone that has the player on the desk in front of them vs on the floor playing a gig. In the "on-the-desk" mode of operation, suddenly all the physical controls make a great deal of sense.

I guess I will have to keep hoping for a different kind of Kemper product in this 3-button form factor. One that has:

1) Color LCD for managing rigs in a performance live (would still like to use performances as well)

2) Only foot switches as physical controls (maybe a master output knob)

Sadly, this seems like it is too close to the current product and Kemper has determined that the desktop usage model is more important than the stomp box model.