Kemper player - advances amp and cab controls

• Minus incompatible or superfluous effects of course. Not what's being discussed here though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi KPA team, Advanced amp controls (clarity, bias…) or advanced cab controls are not tweakable in the Player. However if I import my rigs made in my toaster with tweaked bias tube shape and clarity, are these parameters translated when played in the Player ? The same with cab character ?

Thanks

I *knew* about the removal of the Deep Amp Parameters ...... so what's actually adjustable in the Cab Block in the Player (?) as compared to the "full" Kemper (?)

Ben

• Hi KPA team, Advanced amp controls (clarity, bias…) or advanced cab controls are not tweakable in the Player. However if I import my rigs made in my toaster with tweaked bias tube shape and clarity, are these parameters translated when played in the Player ? The same with cab character ?

Thanks

only pure cab

Hmnmm ... just to clarify and get some total accuracy

Below are 2 pics .....

=> the Amp Block Controls from my Stage [with the Morphing pedal blanked out]

=> the Cab Block Controls from my Stage

Can you please list or show what is missing from the Amp and Cab Blocks in the Player (?)

Stage Amp Block => Click on Image for it to Open Fully

Stage Cab Block => Click on Image for it to Open Fully

• This is the Player Amp block:-

Kemper Player Amp Block => Click on Image to enlarge it => missing 7 Deep Editing Parameters

Cant find an Image of the Player Cab Block anywhere it seems (?)

Ben

Edited once, last by benifin ().

• As far as I am aware the rigs are played back exactly as they were created in the bigger Kempers they just can be edited as much while in the Player.

If hope really thats true.

Unfortunately, not all effects are available on the player, especially the transpose fx, this hits me harder.

• yes, only pure cab.......but since they sound the same in the player I guess the controls are just "hidden" but the settings remains the same

• yes, only pure cab.......but since they sound the same in the player I guess the controls are just "hidden" but the settings remains the same

Wow ...... 7 missing Deep Amp editing parameters and 5 missing Deep Cab Block Parameters ... just wow :(

• Was this confirmed officially? I mean stack sounding exactly the same as in the larger units?

I am pretty sure that ckemper said that the profiles play back exactly the same on all units in earlier posts but there has been so much said about the player already that it is hard to keep track.

I got the impression that extending the editing functionality might be one of the upgrade options for bringing the player closer to the other profilers that he alluded to in previous posts. However, I am only guessing on that one.

• Does it mean that new owners are not able to change those parameters anywhere/anyway ?

Do you need to own a big brother to acts on these ones or wait for the paid upgrade for this ?!

The more i hear things about this device the more i learn there are limitations... ?( :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

• Half cost can't justify everything...

There are competitors beyond Kemper's world with price tag too...

Then buy that.

Kemper has rarely, if ever, done what anyone expects or think is the 'right' thing to do. Even when they do - there's a twist. Kemper Drive, Fuzz, Kone.....etc.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I agree with you that Kemper has followed its own way and Kemper's choices were coherent (for me & for my needs) :

No parallel path, 8 FXs, etc.... Simple but efficient.

This new device could have been a good back-up or a device i could let at home to play with...

The only three switches is already a big compromise if i had to take it as a backup. the ergonmic will never be the same as the Stage i love.

This is probably the reason i don't understand why they removed so many possilities.

Maybe, i should make up my mind ; this thing is just not for me.....

On the other side, they seem to sell a lot of Players and i'm very happy for K Team. :thumbup: