Just read some Infos about the New Axe II FW 9

• Found these two announcements of "new" parameters in the new axe II FW 9: (in German)

- ... oder um es etwas un-technischer auszudrücken: Die Amps haben nun noch mehr 'Bumms' und 'Tschack'. Der COMP-Parameter steuert dieses Verhalten. Merke: Wenn mehr COMP, dann DRIVE etwas reduzieren.

- Der neue PICK ATTACK Parameter bringt dem Amp-Block so etwas wie einen Transienten-Designer, man kann den Anschlag-Knacks damit verstärken oder abschwächen.

Wow! didn't take long to find the way from Kemper to Axe!!! Seems that there are no copyrights on that.

Did someone already test it?

• Cliff is a clever guy - he adds wanted features very fast.

I like the way he includes new features - but don't like that I have to retweak the Axe each time.

The KPA updates are VERY slow compared to this - but are compatible with all older rigs.

As for your question, there is no copyright on something like this.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• To me it's funny how Cliff and the FA team tries to copy every aspect of the KPA, a unit that they humiliate at every occasion. :rolleyes: I have absolutely lost interest in their products. I had both generation of the Axe. For me the KPA is much better. I have to admit that the effects / routing capabilities are a very nice thing in the Axe, but as an amplifier the KPA can not be beat currently.

• Yep

The Compressor addition to the amp block, KPA technology.
    The Pick Attack, KPA technology.
    How about the new Bad Cat amp model that they call the "Hot Kitty"..the KPA calls it the "Bad Kitty".

They couldn't think of these 'new parameters' in 7 years of updates, only added by Fractal after using/testing their "Flakey" KPA that they have sitting in their laboratory.

Does Fractal ever show photos of the amps they model?
    Do they hire the amps?

Keep a watch on this thread, I see an explosion coming on...the first Fractal troll has already made an appearance.
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1182368

• Cliff is a clever guy -
    The KPA updates are VERY slow compared to this - but are compatible with all older rigs.

Yes, he is clever. He fulfills the demand that we have created :)
    It is bizzare, how he takes over features, without adding some new creativity to it.. He often doesn't even change the name of the feature.

However we are glad to be appointed by him as the new reference class in digital guitar amps.
    We still have a number of unique and innovative features in the works, and we will be happy to inspire our fellow competitors even in the future :)

PS: I would never say such things, if he hadn't pointed his finger at me several times.

Why are our updates slow? Because we are at 1.54 only?

• Compared to anyone other than Fractal, Kemper updates are rapid fire. In fact up through 1.52 it seemed new features were released very quickly. Cliff just seems to churn things out non-stop. Of course, that's a blessing and a curse for those guys as new firmwares have often resulted in users having to redo their patches.

• what that axe fx suppose to be ,and who is that cliff guy ??? 8)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Thing is, the Kemper didn't need any updates in the tone department...
    From day one it had the Compressor in the amp block, the pick attack, the superior Cabinets/Mics, Amp matching/Profiling, and the immediate ability to capture every amp ever built...whereas the Axe-FX11 needed these additions after 7 years of updates to attempt to catch up...no prizes for guessing who writes the better code? ;)
    Tone matching was introduced in an attempt to repair "pride", not advance the tones.

With respect.
    Talking about updates and new amp models being added, in one day with our Kempers we get more new amps than the Axe-FX11 gets in one year of updates.
    The guys on the Line 6 forums were jumping for joy when they recently got a Soldano SLO100 amp model, they waited 18 months for it.

• Thing is, the Kemper didn't need any updates in the tone department...
    From day one it had the Compressor in the amp block, the pick attack, the superior Cabinets/Mics, Amp matching/Profiling, and the immediate ability to capture every amp ever built...whereas the Axe-FX11 needed these additions after 7 years of updates to attempt to catch up...no prizes for guessing who writes the better code? ;)
    Tone matching was introduced in an attempt to repair "pride", not advance the tones.

With respect.
    Talking about updates and new amp models being added, in one day with our Kempers we get more new amps than the Axe-FX11 gets in one year of updates.
    The guys on the Line 6 forums were jumping for joy when they recently got a Soldano SLO100 amp model, they waited 18 months for it.

Updates for the Kemper aren't about new amp models. The Kemper is a paradigm shift in that regard. One might argue the Kemper is stronger tonally than the Axe FX (though that's a really subjective position) but no one can argue it competes in any way regarding effects. 1.1 put a small dent in that gap and I have the utmost faith that future updates will make the unit much more competitive in that regard. But as it stands today, I have to supplement with a ZOOM G3 (but an considering a Line 6 M5 to sync by MIDI) and I would really prefer not to. I realize no unit has every effect conceivable and the Kemper is a very young product, but the unfortunately fact is the Kemper's effects pallet isn't very competitive versus all the competition. And anyone moving from even the most affordable multi-fx/modeling devices on the market is probably missing a key effect or 2. Of course, a rebuttal to my point might be that effects aren't the primary focus of the Kemper...

• what that axe fx suppose to be ,and who is that cliff guy ??? 8)

Mhhh... I've heard of a guy repeatedly chasing a cliff somewhere in the US...
    AFAIK, the results of him bouncing down and cracking the rocks have become known as the "axe FX".

That's what I've heard, at least.

• Google it, please. There is a lot of information about this Axe Fx.
    http://efecto.axe.es/?sec=efectoaxe

Thanks Pacocito ,
    I gooogled it , and it come up like a very good effect for ballantine's "X slot unit :whistling:

Ok , let me be serious now - Google is really amazing toy .
    Per example , I find on the google some very strange statement , which I do not understand very well , maybe somebody can help me .
    statement say something like that :

"...from now on , every time when Kemper introduce some new feature , fractal users will have to re-install they patches again ..." ;)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().