Posts by nightlight

I'd suggest that you go for the flattest pair of speakers you can. If mono is not a problem, the Atomic CLR fits nicely in your ~$1500 budget. The reason why the speakers should be flat is that they'll translate better across many different types of PA systems/speakers as possible. Right now, your issue is that your current monitoring setup at home is not like the church's sound system. But if you go out and gig after tweaking on a PA system at home that's A/Bed to your church system, you'll run into the same complaint.

So I reiterate. The flattest sounding FRFR (a hated term here) speakers you can find. Monitors will work well and I'd suggest a pair of Dynaudios if you like accurate response, that's what I'm using. But a CLR seems like a better option, since it's tailored toward a guitar application.

I bought an FC7. The thing is huge and has an interesting adjustment so that you can use it sitting down or standing up. I'm still a bit shocked with the amount of throw it has. The thing moves in an arc that's almost 60 degrees, I found myself a bit overwhelmed with how much room there was to move up and down.

Cool to be able to use the wah-wah and other cool effects now. By default, I discovered the touch settings for orange stomps as well, which can be useful in some situations, I'm thinking.

This is a bit confusing. Now suppose I profile a high gain amp. When I'm done, the gain will be at mid position on the finished profile. Yet distorted sense will clearly work in such a situation. The difference I can make out is the clean and distorted profling process. But that brings me again to the question I made in the previous post, i.e. if I boost the gain on a clean profile, will clean sense have any impact?

I have not check the midi thru in performance mode on the kemper but it should work if you setup the timeline to have the same midi assignment # to the patch...you can't program the FCB to send separate command to another device. I took a look at the midi Specification of the Timeline and some of the CC# may over lap so this looks like it may not work.

You should be able to control the Kemper and the Timeline on separate channels. Similar CC# will not matter. Set the Kemper to receive on a different channel to the Timeline and all should be well.

Finally a voice of reason! :)
    The urge is relieving...
    For now...
    But wait...

I ALREADY GOT A BASS GUITAR! ;(

Hehe, drumkit next then. Or oooh, recording interface.

I know the feeling though. I have a guitar, bass, drums. And after every purchase I tell myself, "That's the last one". Then one month later I'm acquiring more gear.

It's called GAS (gear acquisition syndrome), Ingolf. One must create new avenues for it to be assuaged :thumbup:

Yeah, but we should call it entertainment then, just like World Wrestling Entertainment, ergo the World Wrestling Federation.

I agree with the idea of "elitist" sports being less fair than others. Look at F1. You have to be a millionaire to get behind the wheel of a car, spend money to support the companies participating, pay hundreds of thousands for a licence renewal every year or so.

And the winners? The guys in the cars where the maximum is spent on research and development? And the losers? Keep racing every year, even if they suck.

Some of the "poor" drivers on the roads out here could give those guys competition. Like a demolition derby in the US, I kid you not :)

I'd pay to see a 100-car starting grid where some crashes were inevitable, bwahaha ^^

^^ But DS doesn't affect cleans, only distortions. So clean sense with a higher setting, as suggested by Mr Kemper, would be awesome! Keeping my fingers crossed! ^^

I think you could spend your money on something else that's more satisfying as a musician. Like pick up a bass guitar, or an electronic drumset. Learn something new and keep it interesting. More skills = moar phun.