Making-of Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack

• There could have been a better management of expectations for the Commercial profiles and a link to an announcement in that section and all, but that's not a major thing.
    Don't let a poor rollout affect the opinion before hearing the profiles. I'll see how the free ones sound and go from there.
    If they blow me away like TAF, I'll look at the Commercial offerings. If they don't, they don't. Can't know until we have guitars on the profiles.

Regardless of how it was handled, it should be very much appreciated that a well respected engineer is allowing his profiles to be used by this community!

So let's not lose perspective is my point.

However, interesting note on primate behavior I just read about:

Chimps in a Behavioral Economics experiment were given a coin and taught they could barter for grapes with it. They easily adjusted to the idea of money in exchange for their favorite snack: Grapes. When one trainer offered 3 grapes for a coin, but delivered 2 grapes instead, the primate was confused (not satisfied). When another trainer offered one grape for a coin, but instead delivered 2 grapes, the chimps were happy about it (got more than they expected). The chimps quickly gravitated to the trainer who delivered 2-from-1 promise and started ignoring the 2-from-3 promise trainer, even though the outcome was the same, 1 coin for 2 grapes from both trainers.

It becomes a "trust" issue, and speaks the the base desire of humans to get more than they expect, not less. It's why supermarkets can get away with marking up items 20% and writing "Clearance 50% off" and the bin is empty by the end of the day in America. People are just that stup.. ahem, way. Go Walmart! ;)

So primates are very sensitive to expectations being managed or mismanaged, and don't care that the outcome is eventually equal (i.e. "fair") in both cases logically. We aren't logical creatures by nature.

Anyways, Thank You, Mr. Wagener, for your hard work, looking forward to testing these, and wish you the best!

• Hey Dennis, you indeed are a very well educated man, Sir! :thumbup:

• I'm a bit appalled that Mr Wagener had to take down the link in the free profiles section, but good for him. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be bitten for trying to feed someone.

And I'll just proffer that logic to some of the forum members here crying foul because the ANNOUNCEMENT of paid-for profiles came before the free stuff was issued.

And it is this: Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the post, this whole thread has been about the free profiles. So if a single post appears by the creator of the free profiles indicating that he has more in store, but for sale, that does not require him to be shamed into removing it. I mean, it's absolutely disgusting. It's just as bad as the attacks against the recent post by a user in the Links to Music section praising a certain commercial profile supplier.

If the admin doesn't say anything about it, why should you? A single post... In a 43 page thread. And you want to move it to the commercial profiles forum?

Bravo. I really mean it. :thumbdown:

• I'll reiterate. I am for the most part a man of limited means, the snide remarks about 1300 pound amplifier notwithstanding (I actually paid more because of shipping and customs, but never mind).

The people that put out free profiles for people like me are a blessing. Please do not chase them out of here.

And I'll say this as well: don't chase the commercial profilers away either through threats of illegal downloading, group purchases, etc. These are relatively friendly forums, but I am not going to be seen as a Communist preying on the few for the perceived "good" of the many.

The same as any product. If you cannot afford it, walk away. Or are you going to snarl and spit at the cashier in the supermarket next? ^^

• Last night i was drinking for about € 50..... now i have an headache.
    My wife cost me about € 500 each month.
    I think i send my wife to my mother in law for 2 weeks.
    Then i have the commercial pack for free.
    I only wondering who's cooking the next weeks, because i can't.

• Very right here Nightlight

• Very right here Nightlight

Agree on this, you are not forced to buy anything, but if you believe that pro-profiles are as good as the actual amp, you are doing hell of a bargain,
    but as said, if you can't afford it let it go and look elsewhere!

(Did you know you can do your own profiles) ;)

• dunno here.. been participating in this thread from the beginning... seems it was about MW's Signature Pack as the title states and has always been touted a free pack by the KPA team. Commercial profiles promotion should be kept in the commercial area provided. The moderators have always been good at keeping things in line most of the time... unless its about Macs.. :)

I'm sure MW will do fine with his commercial rigs and wish him the best of success marketing them! Maybe, eventually the MW Signature Pack will come out and we can put our hands on some of them. I'm definitely looking forward to that day.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• just to clarify:

there will be a MW rig pack, free for all users as always.

MW also produced a commercially available rig pack,
    but these two are separate entities.

the usual rules of the Free Rigs subforum apply, so please no more posting about the commercial pack in this subforum.

• so what was the final concensus on the free pack ?

did michael say hes done with the free pack , and we are waiting for kemper themselves to release? I wonder what could be taking so long, tagging the profiles?

• so what was the final concensus on the free pack ?

did michael say hes done with the free pack , and we are waiting for kemper themselves to release? I wonder what could be taking so long, tagging the profiles?

The final consensus as I understand it is that the profiling is all done and there's some housekeeping to do on Kemper's side.

• The final consensus as I understand it is that the profiling is all done and there's some housekeeping to do on Kemper's side.

What the heck is "housekeeping"? Are they dusting, vacuuming or cleaning them up? ;) I suspect they are just fine in this respect.

Kemper folks, if they are done release them already, please.

Edited once, last by lasvideo ().

• Good point. But from another perspective hearing the free ones could very well motivate sales dramatically. :)

I agree here. If you are gonna buy the MW pack your gonna buy them once you've heard the free ones anyway. If you are in 2 minds the free ones might push you to buy them.... and if your not thinking of buying them then the free ones will do you anyway.

Problem solved now release the free pack :thumbup::P:D;)