Kemper OS 4 - Seamless ToneTravelling

• Has anyone heard anything about whether the Remote / expression pedal will be able to support parameter changes apart from the new morphing feature? I mean, if I have the remote and an expression pedal and I want to change the delay mix parameter, why should I take the morphing feature then? A simple "every paramater can be assigned to an expression pedal" would be a huge step on its own. Afaik, this is only possible at the moment, if you control these parameters via midi CC.

You can take just a single parameter and morph that to achieve what you are after-the concept of morphing covers all those applications. It is totally up to you how complex you want it to be.

• You can take just a single parameter and morph that to achieve what you are after-the concept of morphing covers all those applications. It is totally up to you how complex you want it to be.

Without the chance to play and test with the morphing feature, I just wasn't sure, whether it would lead to the same results.

• You can take just a single parameter and morph that to achieve what you are after-the concept of morphing covers all those applications

I'm only sideways involved in the whole Kemper story (only from an "external control" part of view - UnO4Kemper) and I believe the above can't be over emphasized. In the past I have been designing rather complex and highly programmable MIDI controllers, to enable people for instance to adjust multiple parameters of a preset/rig with 1 expression pedal, and make that behavior preset dependent. All you needed for that was a high end MIDI controller and a few hours of programming. Now this morphing feature lets you do exactly that with the Profiler, but without any programming - only a few natural turns on the knobs and you are done. Our GORDIUS MIDI controllers allow you to program a switch to be momentary, or latching, or both depending on how long you keep the switch pressed. But it does need some programming skills to get it all set up correctly. This morphing feature can be used as a continuous control, as a toggling effect or as a momentary effect. Out of the box, zero programming. Just saying. I'm not a guitar player so I can't comment on the tonal possibilities this feature brings, I was just impressed by the "user interaction" side of things - how extremely easy it is to set up and use, while supporting many different use cases. Very much in line with the whole Profiler usability design.

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wonder how this will affect how many pedals we need. I use one at the moment for volume, wag and pitch depending on rig/which effects are on. Is morph going to need a dedicated expression pedal?

• This is some interesting update... I already have plans on having my reverb pull back as my gain increases and visa versa.

The thing I like most, is the simplicity with getting the morphing setup. This is why I choose Kemper over the other guy. Intuitive and simple to use.

• Wonder how this will affect how many pedals we need. I use one at the moment for volume, wag and pitch depending on rig/which effects are on. Is morph going to need a dedicated expression pedal?

You can use the rig pedal to activate/deactivate morphing, so an expression pedal is not absolutely required. However, if you want/need to manually control the morph process, then I think you would need a dedicated pedal for that.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Cheers @Zappledan I thought this might be the case. Will wait till I see how it functions first hand before I get another pedal though. Thing is unless you can fully utilise an effect, in my experience you don't tend to use it much - so I think a dedicated pedal makes most sense

Having just bought a pedalboard that fits the Remote + 2 expression pedals, I'm hoping pedal assignment gets more flexible with this update.

• Can i have more than one morph-"goal"?
    Say, if I want to morph to two different solo sound from one rhythm sound?
    Activated by two different buttons?

From my understanding, you would need two separate rigs to go between.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• If I press on 3 buttons at the same time and have an audience member press a fourth random button, can it make it so that my sound comes out of my bass players amp, and at the same time it switches to a bass patch so that my bass player (now playing through my clean profile) automatically gets re-profiled in real time to match his bass playing style?

Because if not, I'm seriously considering just switching to an AxeFXII XL+. Come on Kemper, it's 2016 already.