Today's release 4.0.6 12421

• The one issue I had with the display lag on the remote is the bug they just fixed (I had it happen from both the front panel with the Type knob and from the remote). If you backed up past the first performance (since it updates so slowly, that's easy to do), it would get into a strange mode where you'd have #128 displayed and no obvious way to get out of it.

• Just a measured guess, but as the back end of the profiler has become more complicated to accommodate multiple delays and morphing, I believe the switching has become more intensive for the system. To keep the near-instant audio switching, something had to give. Again, just my theory.

I'm afraid you might be right. But I honestly hope this is not the case. Because if it is true, then are we going to have to expect certain things to get worse whenever new additions are released? What will we have to downgrade in order to make room for the new delays and reverbs that are pending? I'm probably in the minority on this, but I firmly believe that when you have to start downgrading in certain areas to make room for new features, it's not worth it. I'd rather have a piece of gear that operates at 100% in all areas, with fewer features, than one that operates at 80% but offers more features. It's kind of the "quality vs quantity" argument. Just my opinion.

• I'm afraid you might be right. But I honestly hope this is not the case. Because if it is true, then are we going to have to expect certain things to get worse whenever new additions are released? What will we have to downgrade in order to make room for the new delays and reverbs that are pending? I'm probably in the minority on this, but I firmly believe that when you have to start downgrading in certain areas to make room for new features, it's not worth it. I'd rather have a piece of gear that operates at 100% in all areas, with fewer features, than one that operates at 80% but offers more features. It's kind of the "quality vs quantity" argument. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I agree. If they are cutting back or making compromises on how the KPA operates, does that mean we are near the limit of what it can do? I sure hope not.

• Yes, my unit came with FW 3.3
    Since updating to FW4, it feels a lot slower and not as snappy as before. Booting also takes longer now.
    I hope the lads at Kemper can find a way to improve this back to pre-4.x FW levels...

• I'd rather have a piece of gear that operates at 100% in all areas, with fewer features, than one that operates at 80% but offers more features. It's kind of the "quality vs quantity" argument

Thats right, but implementation of new features are highly requested by the users, not from Kemper. There will be no end of suggestions in the feature request section and some day you will reach the point where you have to make some compromises. Maybe this point is reached now due to limitations of the Profiler?

• Thats right, but implementation of new features are highly requested by the users, not from Kemper. There will be no end of suggestions in the feature request section and some day you will reach the point where you have to make some compromises. Maybe this point is reached now due to limitations of the Profiler?

I don't believe it has anything to do with how much processing power there is left to tap, but rather how much more complicated the back end or framework has become to accommodate the upcoming features. In my experience of software and operating systems, they become more streamlined as time goes on, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kemper found a way to make the framework more efficient to win back the 100ms or so of lag in the display when switching.

• we have considered that already and there might be a window of opportunity. don't take that as a yes or no please.

I can live without the Screen as well ( Can't read it most of the time anyway) But need the Leds to switch fast

I also think that the leds are the way to go. It makes me feel nervous staring at the remote waiting for a feedback.

After a few beers (ok, after a serious amount of beer) it's not like I'm 100% sure I hit the right switch every time and that's why I want that instant visual feedback. Some may suggest that maybe less beer should be involved then but let's stay serious here. Who's going to drink fewer beers? I mean, Dude, this is a device for guitarists, right? :thumbup:

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• I don't care about the display, but if it was possible, I'd like the LEDs (or at the very least, the LED of the slot you have hit) to update faster than they do now. Those are my visual cues in a live situation, not the LCD.

I also think that the leds are the way to go. It makes me feel nervous staring at the remote waiting for a feedback.

After a few beers (ok, after a serious amount of beer) it's not like I'm 100% sure I hit the right switch every time and that's why I want that instant visual feedback. Some may suggest that maybe less beer should be involved then but let's stay serious here. Who's going to drink fewer beers? I mean, Dude, this is a device for guitarists, right?

A new public beta version can be installed using Rig Manager 1.6 - the LEDs are in Roger Rabbit mode now.

Exactly like I imagined it just yesterday. Have your developers sort of read my mind in the future? Thank you, it's awesome and it makes the device feel more sophisticated and valuable. Keep it up, you guys are awesome!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Is it possible to download the Beta update? My 2nd KPA is in the rehearsal room, and there is no internet...

Rig Manager downloads Profiler OS updates to the download directory of your computer. for the time being we do not provide beta versions outside Rig Manager.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here